Why Allow Gun Ownership?

Well one could say that the old Militia's was conscripted when Congress created the New Militias organized under the new Constitution and a new chain of command. Doesn't mean they started from scratch. But still was not intended to be check against the tyranny of the government freely elected by the people.

Not that Congress created them.

Colonial militias had existed for a long while.
You're still dissembling. Congress did not create the militias! They already exist.

You're still dissembling. Congress did not create the militias! They already exist.

As the Court observed:

Congress is given the power to "provide for calling forth the militia," §8, cl. 15; and the power not to create, but to "organiz[e]" it—and not to organize "a" militia, which is what one would expect if the Militia were to be a federal creation, but to organize "the" Militia, connoting a body already in existence, ibid., cl. 16. This is fully consistent with the ordinary definition of the Militia as all able-bodied men. —Supreme Court of the United States (District of Columbia v. Heller), Page 23.​

Relying on a handgun to take down a bear is foolhardy. It takes a very, very well-placed shot to kill a bear. You wouldn't want to try to kill a brown or grizzly bear with a .357 magnum. I know I've seen someone try...
Leave the damn bears alone

Indeed, your fellow leftist bitch poodles are stark raving mad, aren't they? Banning long rifles and 20-to-thirty-round magazines wouldn't fix anything.

So tell me something, you miserable, dissembling, gaslighting bitch poodle, why are all the leftist media calling for banning them while dismissing the only real solution proposed by Republicans, namely, securing the schools with armed professionals?

You sick bastards. It's all about political manipulation and division and strife. You baby-killing, infanticidal monsters don't give a shit about the ongoing slaughter. You crisis-mongering whores.

It's leftist whores like you who have cheapened human life. It's leftist whores like you who incessantly assail the familiar and sexual mores that bind as you attack the liberty of those who observe them. It's leftist whores like you in the state schools and popular culture who are responsible for this insanity.
Texas has quite a history of mass shootings.

Odd the Second Amendment addresses absolutely nothing of what you typed.

In the last three days I have bought two SKSs and a semi-auto .22 target pistol. My reasons for acquiring them are multi-faceted....Collecting/shooting, and one just for the parts. That and I got a good deal.

Just who the fuck are you to say that I should not be able to buy what is legal?

That would be like me saying that you can only buy a '85 to '92 Yugo because I don't think you can handle anything more powerful.
I've been reading on the SKS. Talk to me. Thrill me. Experiences? Have you fired it yet?

I've been reading on the SKS. Talk to me. Thrill me. Experiences? Have you fired it yet?
In their heyday, late 80s till imports from China were banned they were sub or just over $100.00 rifles, now they are $600 to 1K+ depending on the flavor/rarity.

Papered bringbacks bring a premium as do rare East German, early sanitized chi-com M21s, and N. Vietnam examples.....I have a very nice papered M21 that I'd not take less than 2K for.

I bought them by the 12-gun crate for $79.00 each wholesale.....Here's a old Roses ad from '92....$129.00.

Oh, and that $49.00 M91 Finnish Mosin is now a $600.00+ rifle.

69779 (2).JPG

There two sites are my go-to sites for the SKS.

Yooper John
Survivor's SKS Boards - Index

Who said we were defending our home against burglars?

Look at Ukraine, firearms in the hands of citizens are helping to stop the Russian invasion. THAT is why we need guns.
Quite the fantasy

We have the best military on the planet.

Ukraine does not...by a long shot

And even there...they are succeeding by the use of artillery and anti-tank/anti-aircraft missiles

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.
So?
2. That makes it a toy. A deadly toy
So?
3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.
A magazine fed semi auto is also an excellent weapon for home protection. Maybe safer than a shotgun — for others.

And you left off the genuine reason for “allowing” guns. The 2d Amendment was a frank recognition that an armed citizenry wouldn’t be so easily subjected to governmental tyranny.

Finally, who the fuck says we need you (or anyone else) to “allow” it? Who are you to think that you could somehow “disallow” it?

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.
Why "allow"? Maybe because a bloody rebellion would occur if you try to take them? That's a good reason for sane people to want to stay FAR away from the idea of resorting to force to take away our rights. But hey, if you feel strongly about it, go for it!

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Why?

,s,sms,.png

Backcountry guides advise not attempting to shoot at bears at all - it’s the least effective way to neutralize a bear attack. Bear spray is what you should be carrying - two cans, in case a very pissed off bear finds you again before you get to safety.

Most people think they are a much better shot than they actually would be in a crisis situation. Even police who practice routinely often struggle in crisis settings. This is why all the ideas about arming teachers and other civilians as a means of defense against suicidal mass shooters is insanity.

Nobody but military and law enforcement need to have ownership or possession of assault firearms and large capacity magazines. All the arguments to the contrary are specious.
If you banned the possession of all “assault” weapons and high capacity magazines people would just commit mass murders with shotguns and handguns including revolvers.

A 12 gauge shotgun is extremely deadly and can be reloaded quickly as can a ten round magazine.

You can carry a lot of loaded revolvers in a backpack, grab one and run it dry and then grab another.

.https://youtu.be/AVUSWDru_58

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Show me the word allow in the bill of rights?

“Americans own more guns than there are Americans, and that is an unalloyed good thing. Citizens should own guns, and lots of them – the possession of cold steel that shoots hot lead distinguishes citizens from lower forms of life, like ‘subjects,’ ‘serfs,’ and ‘gulag residents.’ In a nation meant to be by and for the People, it is important that the People never cede to the State, which is their tool and not their master, a monopoly on violence. Having guns in the hands of citizens is the ultimate veto over tyranny.”

Quite the fantasy

We have the best military on the planet.

Ukraine does not...by a long shot

And even there...they are succeeding by the use of artillery and anti-tank/anti-aircraft missiles

The contributions of the citizen soldiers mean nothing? Okay, whatever...

And who says the enemy has to be a foreign one? When Trump was president, y'all claimed he was a fascist. He wasn't even close, but what if a REAL fascist got into power? Wouldn't you want a means to fight back if he tries to make the military subdue the people?

In some cities like Chicago, its like a war zone outside. You'd be a damn fool to go outside with proper armaments .
I can't watch John Wick movies (I've tried) -- too violent. And I am a person who loves horror/zombie movies! :)

But no, we can't go into Baltimore anymore, we realized. I mean, at all, including to the good hospitals there. Johns Hopkins since last year has its own police force, but we would have to GET there. We just wouldn't survive the in and out. It doesn't seem right, our formerly great cities now so out of reach because of out of control crime.

I can't watch John Wick movies (I've tried) -- too violent. And I am a person who loves horror/zombie movies! :)

But no, we can't go into Baltimore anymore, we realized. I mean, at all, including to the good hospitals there. Johns Hopkins since last year has its own police force, but we would have to GET there. We just wouldn't survive the in and out. It doesn't seem right, our formerly great cities now so out of reach because of out of control crime.
Baltimore is a N
Stay out !!

I don’t see any problems if an occasional bear eats a dog and that is no reason to shot it

Baltimore is a N
Stay out !!

I don’t see any problems if an occasional bear eats a dog and that is no reason to shot it
Shot it? I don't think they need shots ---- pretty good reason to shoot it, though.

Forum List

Back