Why 7,000 Languages?

It’s called post-truth. Who needs thousand year old facts when it doesn’t relate to the point they want to make.

No, it's what happened around 2175 BC and would explain how the different ethnicities stayed together and colonized their lands. Otherwise, different peoples who lived in the same area would've stayed together. For example, the US has a melting pot of peoples who speak the same language. Instead, we have same ethnicities living together with the same language. There you go.

BTW there were no cave people lol.
Reminds me of an old joke: The USA and England are two countries divided by a single language. Hmmm, maybe I told it wrong?

We speak better English than most of the Brits do. Much of what they say is barely understandable
I love their accent, it makes anything they say sound so much more intelligent than Americans.

There are many English accents. Some are elegant, some are a series of grunts

It’s called post-truth. Who needs thousand year old facts when it doesn’t relate to the point they want to make.

No, it's what happened around 2175 BC and would explain how the different ethnicities stayed together and colonized their lands. Otherwise, different peoples who lived in the same area would've stayed together. For example, the US has a melting pot of peoples who speak the same language. Instead, we have same ethnicities living together with the same language. There you go.

Reminds me of an old joke: The USA and England are two countries divided by a single language. Hmmm, maybe I told it wrong?

We speak better English than most of the Brits do. Much of what they say is barely understandable
I love their accent, it makes anything they say sound so much more intelligent than Americans.
There are many British accents, you know.

The sentence that ended with "hurricanes hardly ever happen" reminded me of something I read a while back. It said that the 'H" is disappearing from our language. It is already mostly silent in Spanish I believe and would have already disappeared from English if we didn't have written forms of English.

The sentence that ended with "hurricanes hardly ever happen" reminded me of something I read a while back. It said that the 'H" is disappearing from our language. It is already mostly silent in Spanish I believe and would have already disappeared from English if we didn't have written forms of English.

French have written forms (actually it was evolved, based on the written forms of Latin language), but the 'H' is mute or aspirate in the spoken language.

But 'H' is still pronounced in German:

And "Remember me, remember you":

Last edited:
... It means the evidence favors God making people talk the same language by ethnicities. Afterward, they migrated together to their respective countries where they reside today.

You have established that you do not understand Linguistics, but do you understand anything at all about logic? The conclusion above is simply not logical.

Come now, you are not even arguing your "mountain of evidence" anymore, but using ad hominem attacks. I challenged you to explain in your own words how this could've happened? People with the same language stick together and colonize together. God gave each ethnicity their own language after Tower of Babel (around 2175 BC). It is the best theory and explanation to explain how the same ethnicities live together for the most part throughout the world. There are some exceptions like the US as English is spoken by various ethnicities.

Your belief in the science of atheism is wrong.

... It means the evidence favors God making people talk the same language by ethnicities. Afterward, they migrated together to their respective countries where they reside today.

You have established that you do not understand Linguistics, but do you understand anything at all about logic? The conclusion above is simply not logical.

Come now, you are not even arguing your "mountain of evidence" anymore, but using ad hominem attacks. ...

I have provided links to information about Linguistics that addresses your misunderstanding. You have merely insisted upon your religious beliefs. As I've said more than once, you are more than welcome to your beliefs, but they do not constitute "proof" of anything.

...God gave each ethnicity their own language after Tower of Babel (around 2175 BC). It is the best theory and explanation to explain how the same ethnicities live together for the most part throughout the world. ...

Your religious beliefs do not constitute any logical or rational explanation for anything. Are you unable, or just unwilling to see that? The premise of your position rests upon a matter of faith.

I have provided links to information about Linguistics that addresses your misunderstanding. You have merely insisted upon your religious beliefs. As I've said more than once, you are more than welcome to your beliefs, but they do not constitute "proof" of anything.

But you can't explain them yourself, so I have to read them myself. It's not like you're using them to back up your argument. In FACT, you cannot use it to counter my argument that different ethnicities joined together under a common language, that which God gave them. It would explain why the Japanese live in Japan and speak Japanes, the Chinese live in China and speak Chinese, and the Koreans like in Korea and speak Korean, etc. Your links do not texplain how this happened.

There is no misunderstanding on my part. It is that you cannot explain using big boy words.

What did I tell you about presuming to tell me what I believe? Do your religious beliefs include being deliberately dishonest?

I have to because you are avoiding my questions while I have answered all of yours. It gets tiring and boring when the other is not exactly honest. It's either that or you do not know the answer or both. I think it's both.

Your religious beliefs do not constitute any logical or rational explanation for anything. Are you unable, or just unwilling to see that? The premise of your position rests upon a matter of faith.

My religious belief has to do with Christianity and nothing to do with creation science except for Jesus (through God's direction) being the Creator. Your science has no God while my science has God. God or no God/gods are both based on faith and why science and religion are so closely intertwined. Thus, it's you who cannot understand nor are willing to accept the truth about faith. I can accept it and use it for creation science when in the few instances God became involved.

Around 430 languages are spoken in the United States.

Haha. You still miss the point. They are joined together by the common language of English. What you are stating is their second language.

Moreover, you had another chance to explain why those who speak the same language by ethnicity colonized together. I was the only one who gave a plausible explanation and now have added to the mountain of evidence for creation by God as per the Book of Genesis. The Bible isn't a science book, but science backs up the Bible. We have discovered that with life following what happened after the Tower of Babel, i.e. Noah's generation.

But you can't explain them yourself, so I have to read them myself. ...

I'm sorry that reading is such a trauma for you, but all this has been explained to you many times, with copious amounts of supporting evidence and additional information just in case you might want to actually learn something about linguistics.

... They are joined together by the common language of English. What you are stating is their second language.

Wrong again. We have a number of people equal to the population of France who speak a language other than English as their first.

Next?

... It would explain why the Japanese live in Japan and speak Japanes [sic], the Chinese live in China and speak Chinese, and the Koreans like in Korea and speak Korean, etc. Your links do not texplain [sic] how this happened.

You don't know anything about those languages, do you?

... I was the only one who gave a plausible explanation and now have added to the mountain of evidence for creation by God as per the Book of Genesis. ....

There is no "plausible" explanation that rests on your religious faith. Frankly, you demean faith itself by trying to pass it off as scientific evidence. I have provided you with a great deal of evidence from an actual field of science devoted to just this sort of topic.

...Your science has no God while my science has God. ...

You know nothing about what I believe, and you clearly know nothing about the actual science involved in this topic. What you have revealed about yourself is that you are incorrigibly dishonest.

I'm sorry that reading is such a trauma for you, but all this has been explained to you many times, with copious amounts of supporting evidence and additional information just in case you might want to actually learn something about linguistics.

You haven't explained shit when you have the mountain of evidence. Instead, I explained the mountain of evidence. What we observe today fits what happened around 2175 BC.

You don't know anything about those languages, do you?

You admitted you speak English. What is it that you want me to know about the languages?

There is no "plausible" explanation that rests on your religious faith. Frankly, you demean faith itself by trying to pass it off as scientific evidence. I have provided you with a great deal of evidence from an actual field of science devoted to just this sort of topic.

Again, my faith is belief in Jesus as creator. Your faith is belief in the science of atheism. It has to not have God in it so won't accept the truth that God scrambled the languages and gave each ethnicity group their own language. It explains why they stuck together and migrated to the lands where they live today. That's very plausible. OTOH, you can't explain anything despite claiming you have the mountain of evidence. What a freakin' liar you are.

You know nothing about what I believe, and you clearly know nothing about the actual science involved in this topic. What you have revealed about yourself is that you are incorrigibly dishonest.

Now, you've gone off the deep end because I've trapped you in your lie and non-ability to explain how the different ethnicities and their languages got to where they are today. You are really a joke. You may as well be an unkotare.

... What is it that you want me to know about the languages?

If you knew anything about those languages, you would likely know how they developed and changed over time relative to each other (which is fairly common knowledge). You see, genius, human beings migrated all over the world over a very long time. Peoples who settled in the area that is today China spoke a language quite different than the majority language Mandarin spoken there today, and very different from the languages that other peoples who migrated and settled in the area developed for themselves. The written Chinese language is logographic in nature. If you look at a more ancient form of Mandarin you can see the symbols that at first directly represented objects from nature change and develop into more abstract shapes over time as the language changed (as all languages do over time). Abstract ideas and specialized symbols representing markers to indicate pronunciation came into the language and also changed over time. China was not handed a finished language and then placed by a giant hand made of clouds into the area of China today. While all this was happening people continued to migrate and some humans moved into the area that is today Korea. The form of language that they brought with them also changed and developed into a distinct one very heavily influenced by Chinese. In
1443, King Sejong of Joseon dynasty created a new written language that codified and in ways altered the spoken language. At this time, the use of 'Chinese' characters became more limited in Korea. Only quite recently, Korean has come to use Chinese characters only rarely and the pronunciation, grammar, and syntax of the two languages are very different. But the story doesn't end there. People had all along kept on migrating, as we always do, and peoples from the Korean Peninsula had long since found their way to what is today Japan. Guess what happened? That's right, the languages people brought with them changed and developed distinctly over time (as languages always have). The indigenous Ainu people already spoke a unique language that developed in their relatively long isolation there. Once again, the two languages influenced each other and developed further into a more and more distinct form. Again, the people who migrated to the Japanese islands at first used Chinese characters. This too changed over time so that today Japanese uses two interpretations and pronunciations of Chinese characters as well as two different syllabaries and yet another one to represent more recently introduced words from other languages. Gradual, systemic, and inevitable language change over time. All without taking a ticket like at the deli and waiting to be placed in a given place and handed a completed and unchanging language by a giant hand made of clouds.

All of this merely scratches the surface of just one very clear and easy to follow branch of human migration and language development.

And by the way, if you have any interest in actually learning anything, look up the Cia-Cia tribe of Buton Island in Indonesia and consider the above in context.

Last edited:
...Again, my faith is belief in Jesus as creator. Your faith is belief in the science of atheism. ...

Where exactly in the teachings of Christ do you find the justification for lying and misrepresenting others out of bitterness and spite? You don't seem like any kind of Christian to me.

If you knew anything about those languages, you would likely know how they developed and changed over time relative to each other (which is fairly common knowledge). You see, genius, human beings migrated all over the world over a very long time. Peoples who settled in the area that is today China spoke a language quite different than the majority language Mandarin spoken there today, and very different from the languages that other peoples who migrated and settled in the area developed for themselves. The written Chinese language is logographic in nature. If you look at a more ancient form of Mandarin you can see the symbols that at first directly represented objects from nature change and develop into more abstract shapes over time as the language changed (as all languages do over time). Abstract ideas and specialized symbols representing markers to indicate pronunciation came into the language and also changed over time. China was not handed a finished language and then placed by a giant hand made of clouds into the area of China today. While all this was happening people continued to migrate and some humans moved into the area that is today Korea. The form of language that they brought with them also changed and developed into a distinct one very heavily influenced by Chinese. In
1443, King Sejong of Joseon dynasty created a new written language that codified and in ways altered the spoken language. At this time, the use of 'Chinese' characters became more limited in Korea. Only quite recently, Korean has come to use Chinese characters only rarely and the pronunciation, grammar, and syntax of the two languages are very different. But the story doesn't end there. People had all along kept on migrating, as we always do, and peoples from the Korean Peninsula had long since found their way to what is today Japan. Guess what happened? That's right, the languages people brought with them changed and developed distinctly over time (as languages always have). The indigenous Ainu people already spoke a unique language that developed in their relatively long isolation there. Once again, the two languages influenced each other and developed further into a more and more distinct form. Again, the people who migrated to the Japanese islands at first used Chinese characters. This too changed over time so that today Japanese uses two interpretations and pronunciations of Chinese characters as well as two different syllabaries and yet another one to represent more recently introduced words from other languages. Gradual, systemic, and inevitable language change over time. All without taking a ticket like at the deli and waiting to be placed in a given place and handed a completed and unchanging language by a giant hand made of clouds.

All of this merely scratches the surface of just one very clear and easy to follow branch of human migration and language development.

Finally, you explain but explain it wrong. We've agreed that language developed and changed over time because it happens now. However, the ethnicities of humans migrated together over the world not that long ago compared to evolutionary dates. I even gave it to you around 2175 BC. It wasn't peoples, but the Chinese who settled in China. You are right they spoke Mandarin in China. Cantonese was a dialect spoken by those who moved away to Hong Kong, Macau, Canton province, and places such San Francisco and London. As for the rest, I'll take your word for it but it still doesn't explain how the mainland Chinese grouped themselves together and only spoke Mandarin. The speaking of Cantonese by emigrants from China also show they grouped together by language as they developed their own dialect. This still happens today. You believe wrongly that groups migrate and their language develops. It's the other way around. I think today's Hong Kong people who speak Cantonese moved to Canada as China threatens. As I explained through the Tower of Babel that it is because of having the same language is why people stick together and migrate together. I even have a link to prove it -- Thousands of Hong Kong-born people are returning to Canada.

And by the way, if you have any interest in actually learning anything, look up the Cia-Cia tribe of Buton Island in Indonesia and consider the above in context.

No, I have the easier to understand and follow explanation. Yours takes too long for a language to develop and there is no reason for the same ethnic people to migrate together if they speak different dialects such as Mandarin and Cantonese.

"The languages spoken on Buton include Wolio, Cia-Cia, various dialects of Muna, Tukang Besi, Kumbewaha, Lasalimu, Kamaru, Pancana, Busoa, Taloki, Kulisusu and Kioko.[2][3] The Indonesian language, the national language of Indonesia, is also widely used and taught in schools."

Cia-Cia tribe sounds like they also reflect their dialect of Cia-Cia. Again, you'll find the different tribes speak different dialects and group together by language.

Why can't you just admit that language groups people together? It's easily seen all over the world.

Where exactly in the teachings of Christ do you find the justification for lying and misrepresenting others out of bitterness and spite? You don't seem like any kind of Christian to me.

Again, you are wrong and are now becoming angry and bitter. You can't even admit that you are an evolutionist and follow the science of atheism. Good day, sir.

Forum List

Back