Whose name do you use for the first commandment?

Morals don't derive from individuals; they derive from social values.

Israel's remnant did not consider Israel a moral nation, but rather a wayward nation. Hence the constant admonitions for their violence and debauchery.

Christians consider their kingdom a moral nation because unlike ethnic Israel, heavenly Israel worships the God of Israel.
Your opinion is interesting and wrong.

You should check with Jews before putting your foot in your mouth.

Jews are not literalists and put man above god.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

Jesus who said “he comes to cure and not kill the afflicted”.

Yahweh says he will come to kill, not cure the afflicted.

The one who always kills, has some Jews calling Yahweh a evil god.

I think the term suits.

You could name Spirit, if you are a Trinitarian, but the spirit does not speak in the bible, except to those with a Jesus consciousness, or one who has risen to a Christ consciousness.

Gnostic Christians condemned Yahweh to hell way back when Christians had morals.

We put our myth against theirs and called their God evil, and then the good old inquisitions; instead of trying to win the argument.

Jesus and his Armageddon does not seem to be much better than the genocidal Yahweh.

Most who read this might not agree, --- but if you put any name other than yourself, --- as the spirit that judges the good or evil in the Christian God, --- then you might wonder why you venerate an evil God.

I name Spirit God as I will not go to hell where Yahweh and Jesus are bound to end.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be Matthew.

People hate moral questions.

We are all sinners, thank God; who will sin by accepting to follow one of the Christian Gods?

IMO, Christianity had the potential to be the worlds best religion. It changed and is now failing.

I think it a shame that they will drag Gnostic Christianity down with it.

Who do you name for Commandment # 1?

Regards
DL
You are missing a major point. Yhwh does it all through Jesus--Collosians 1:15--He is Gods image. Jesus only does his Fathers will-John 5:30)- Yhwh is very loving as Jesus showed all. To those who-know him fear him, love him, and keep his commandments. But at Har-mageddon Jesus will show the war God of the OT to this earth. when he leads Gods armies to it at Har-mageddon. The wicked will be wiped off of Gods earth to protect his people. They have been warned for over 1900 years. they will not listen.

I think the term suits.

You could name Spirit, if you are a Trinitarian, but the spirit does not speak in the bible, except to those with a Jesus consciousness, or one who has risen to a Christ consciousness.

Gnostic Christians condemned Yahweh to hell way back when Christians had morals.

We put our myth against theirs and called their God evil, and then the good old inquisitions; instead of trying to win the argument.

Jesus and his Armageddon does not seem to be much better than the genocidal Yahweh.

Most who read this might not agree, --- but if you put any name other than yourself, --- as the spirit that judges the good or evil in the Christian God, --- then you might wonder why you venerate an evil God.

I name Spirit God as I will not go to hell where Yahweh and Jesus are bound to end.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be Matthew.

We are all sinners, thank God; who will sin by accepting to follow one of the Christian Gods?

IMO, Christianity had the potential to be the worlds best religion. It changed and is now failing.

Regards
DL
I AM. The name claimed by the false cult Witnesses is nothing but a mistranslation of the Hebrew Language. Jehovah is used 5,558 times in the American Standard Bible translation.......but not once in the New American Standard or New King James translations, the latest and most researched modern translations. Thus.......a word that was mistranslated over the centuries is that which is accepted by many. Actually, Jehovah is a simple mistranslation of the Hebrew. The actual term is YHWH or Simply God, or as God self defined it the eternal I AM with no beginning and no ending. Translated into the Greek who used vowels where the Hebrews did not became "Yahweh". The God "I AM" is not a god of chaos. Yehovah/Jehovah.

"Then Moses said to God, Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, "What is His name (God)?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I Am who I Am." And He (God) said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you." (Exodus 3:13-14)

It is very important to comprehend how the term YHWH is derived. Its first attested use is found in the passages above (Ex. 3:13-14). In Hebrew God calls Himself "ehyeh asher, ehyeh" and charges Moses to tell the children of Israel that "ehyeh sent him to them".

If you take an analytical look at the Hebrew word "Ehyeh" you can see that is used as a first person common singular imperfect form of the verb "Hayah" ....or TO BE. This form was turned from a first person to a third person (I AM or HE IS). In Hebrew w/y are often interchanged and form the word (YHWH), which....when translated into Greek to the closet interpretation (I AM He Is or He will Be, in indicating ETERNICALLY EXISTING, Past, present and future). The 3rd person non altered MASCULINE form of HAYAH which would be "YIHYEH".

I AM......or GOD, it loses nothing in interpretation when one considers God defines Himself as an eternally existing Supreme MASCULINE being. The scriptures define themselves when the content, subject matter, and context is considered. Why strain over one mistranslation that is self defined as evidenced in Exodus 3:13-14? What entity is it that attempts of produce chaos and confusion......its not the Great I AM.

Again..........I charge those who would attempt to muddy the waters with the same Charge used by Jesus, "You blind guides, who strain out a gnat while choking on a camel." -- Matt. 23:24

Jesus Christ found nothing wrong in quoting scripture from the Septuagint translations.

Last edited:

I think the term suits.

Regards
DL
“I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.

no one knows what may have been inscribed on the tablets claimed to have been etched in the heavens - the culprit that claimed their existence destroyed them.

the latter part of their claimed 1st is an obvious mischaracterization to obtain a forced obedience from whoever would venture to join any of the tree desert religions they represent - as history attests to the veracity of its use throughout the centuries.

by asking the question, by who's name - only verifies the illegitimacy of the document itself.

You are missing a major point. Yhwh does it all through Jesus--Collosians 1:15--He is Gods image. Jesus only does his Fathers will-John 5:30)- Yhwh is very loving as Jesus showed all. To those who-know him fear him, love him, and keep his commandments. But at Har-mageddon Jesus will show the war God of the OT to this earth. when he leads Gods armies to it at Har-mageddon. The wicked will be wiped off of Gods earth to protect his people. They have been warned for over 1900 years. they will not listen.
So you are looking forwards to having your god kill and use genocide when he could just as easily cure.

Thanks for showing your lack of a moral sense.

Regards
DL

I AM. The name claimed by the false cult Witnesses is nothing but a mistranslation of the Hebrew Language. Jehovah is used 5,558 times in the American Standard Bible translation.......but not once in the New American Standard or New King James translations, the latest and most researched modern translations. Thus.......a word that was mistranslated over the centuries is that which is accepted by many. Actually, Jehovah is a simple mistranslation of the Hebrew. The actual term is YHWH or Simply God, or as God self defined it the eternal I AM with no beginning and no ending. Translated into the Greek who used vowels where the Hebrews did not became "Yahweh". The God "I AM" is not a god of chaos. Yehovah/Jehovah.

"Then Moses said to God, Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, "What is His name (God)?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I Am who I Am." And He (God) said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you." (Exodus 3:13-14)

It is very important to comprehend how the term YHWH is derived. Its first attested use is found in the passages above (Ex. 3:13-14). In Hebrew God calls Himself "ehyeh asher, ehyeh" and charges Moses to tell the children of Israel that "ehyeh sent him to them".

If you take an analytical look at the Hebrew word "Ehyeh" you can see that is used as a first person common singular imperfect form of the verb "Hayah" ....or TO BE. This form was turned from a first person to a third person (I AM or HE IS). In Hebrew w/y are often interchanged and form the word (YHWH), which....when translated into Greek to the closet interpretation (I AM He Is or He will Be, in indicating ETERNICALLY EXISTING, Past, present and future). The 3rd person non altered MASCULINE form of HAYAH which would be "YIHYEH".

I AM......or GOD, it loses nothing in interpretation when one considers God defines Himself as an eternally existing Supreme MASCULINE being. The scriptures define themselves when the content, subject matter, and context is considered. Why strain over one mistranslation that is self defined as evidenced in Exodus 3:13-14? What entity is it that attempts of produce chaos and confusion......its not the Great I AM.

Again..........I charge those who would attempt to muddy the waters with the same Charge used by Jesus, "You blind guides, who strain out a gnat while choking on a camel." -- Matt. 23:24

Jesus Christ found nothing wrong in quoting scripture from the Septuagint translations.
How many names was God given in scriptures, before the label I am is applied?

Many.

You say God is masculine.

The Yahweh Jews know is androgynous.

Created we ,male and female, in our image, and called them adam.

You cannot take Eve out of Adam if he is not androgynous.

Regards
DL

no one knows what may have been inscribed on the tablets claimed to have been etched in the heavens - the culprit that claimed their existence destroyed them.

the latter part of their claimed 1st is an obvious mischaracterization to obtain a forced obedience from whoever would venture to join any of the tree desert religions they represent - as history attests to the veracity of its use throughout the centuries.

by asking the question, by who's name - only verifies the illegitimacy of the document itself.
I see it more like the document talking of itself.

Any constitutional declaration would ask that it be held supreme.

That is why people are reluctant to change or amend a constitution.

I see the poorly written 10 commandments as just demanding adherence, just like all constitutions or social contracts do.

Regards
DL

You posted something that is inchoherent, you need to work on your question. And you need to supply scripture verses, because you have provided incorrect ones. I don’t have a starting place.

PS: incoherent means that it does not stick together, you are going in two directions or something.
He's insane. He rejected God so he went mad.

So you are looking forwards to having your god kill and use genocide when he could just as easily cure.

Thanks for showing your lack of a moral sense.

Regards
DL
He gave us his written word to live by every utterance. The lazy ones do not bother. Some man with a white collar assured them they were saved. Jesus said--Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God-- they will not even listen to him even though they claim to follow him. Its their fault not Gods fault. God showed how unintelligent mortals are in comparison to satan. 1 week after parting the red sea in front of their eyes to save them, they made a golden calf to worship.
God sent his son for all to listen to and obey. its them that will not do it. They found these teachers-2Cor 11:12-15

I quoted the bible, stupid.

I am not surprised that you have yet to read it.

Regards
DL
Immature ones call names.
I didnt say you didnt read the bible. God warned all in advance of what is coming to this earth. its been there for over 1500 years, there is no excuse. Its they who will not listen. 2Peter 3:3-- Even the ones claiming to be christian will not listen to Jesus. Their teachers have twisted it all into oblivion. like you are doing.
I used to think like you as well. i couldnt understand why God didnt yell at everyone from heaven. He knows it would do no good. They are living for $$ and pleasure. not for the kingdom-2Timothy 3 is todays world.
At the very end it says the whole world will come to kill Gods people Why--They are wicked.

Immature ones call names.
I didnt say you didnt read the bible. God warned all in advance of what is coming to this earth. its been there for over 1500 years, there is no excuse. Its they who will not listen. 2Peter 3:3-- Even the ones claiming to be christian will not listen to Jesus. Their teachers have twisted it all into oblivion. like you are doing.
I used to think like you as well. i couldnt understand why God didnt yell at everyone from heaven. He knows it would do no good. They are living for $$ and pleasure. not for the kingdom-2Timothy 3 is todays world.
At the very end it says the whole world will come to kill Gods people Why--They are wicked.
You show your hate for humanity, while a God would show his love by curing instead of killing, just the way Jesus said he came to do.

You chose the evil while I show you what the good is.

Who is more likely to see mass killing as better than curing, when God has both options?

Only evil people. Christians, in this discussions of morality.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back