Who's Voting For Trump & Why

I am a 74-year-old white man with a doctorate (JD). I spent the last 40 years of my career working in the private sector. I don't have a huge number of friends (golf associates, church, gym acquaintances), and in all candor, they are basically all the same demographic as me...college educated, white men.

And we are ALL voting for Trump, should he be the Republicans nominee next November.

I have constantly been reading about how everyone who supports Trump is a working-class, uneducated buffoon.

Not even close to the truth.

Ok, but I want to hear the words. She can’t just come out and say “trump said something” then just leave it there. Go all the way, say what he said, otherwise, I’m inclined to believe she heard something and took it the wrong way.

Oh you want a quote?

“I don’t have to shake hands with these disgusting people.”

“disgusting people” referred to the well-wishers

“He talked all the time about the people themselves being disgusting,”

“It was clear immediately that he wanted nothing to do with them.”

Stop thinking Trump cares about you, the middle class. Remember the jobs he will bring back home will pay $15 hr.

An aide to Mike Pence? :rolleyes-41:
Okay :auiqs.jpg:

Texas pitching was pretty good last night against Baltimore
Mike Pence (colorized)
IMG_0515.jpeg

Oh you want a quote?

“I don’t have to shake hands with these disgusting people.”

“disgusting people” referred to the well-wishers

“He talked all the time about the people themselves being disgusting,”

“It was clear immediately that he wanted nothing to do with them.”

Stop thinking Trump cares about you, the middle class. Remember the jobs he will bring back home will pay $15 hr.

I don’t believe trump cares about me, I really don’t care. It’s just that you get a lot of people who say “trump said this or that” and “trump did this or that”, but then they don’t say what he said, and apparently nobody else seems to know about it, or have heard it. Like this woman, she claims to have heard trump say things, but she never says what he said.

He's not. Did you see my article about white uneducated despair? Dude, that's the kind of jobs Trump wants to bring back from overseas. $15 hr jobs.

Those people hooked on drugs and killing themselves, or voting for Trump, are white uneducated people who's jobs went overseas. Former union members who you trash. You say they aren't worth what they once made. So these people are the only people dying younger. Blacks, as bad as they have it, are still doing better and living longer. It's only white uneducated Americans who are living in this sea of despair. And they are the ones voting for Trump.

These uneducated whites need to wake the fuck up. Are you one?

You clearly don't live in a red state. In my red state you don't want to be in a Democratic district at night. I live in an affluent, highly educated suburb of a relatively small city that is unabashedly Republican, save some new transplants from blue states that are a little slow to figure things out. To paraphrase Chis Rock, you aren't looking over your shoulder for Republicans at 2:00am at the ATM, you are looking for Democrats.

Olivia Troye, a former aide to ex-Vice President Mike Pence detailed the contempt with which Donald Trump holds his supporters.

Trump ― who has been accused of demeaning his fans before ― had “done a great job of sort of marketing himself as the champion for all of these people who are behind him in this movement.” But in private meetings, she said, he was “so disparaging” of them. “What is so frustrating and angering to me is the fact he has nothing in common with any of his supporters, and I detest the way he speaks about them,” Troye acknowledged how her Trump-supporting relatives were “very unhappy” with her for turning against the twice-impeached, four-time-indicted ex-POTUS. She said, “I think about them, and I’m like, ‘I hate the way you speak about them sometimes behind closed doors.’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...77ab6e-0da6-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html

death rate of midlife non-Hispanic white Americans had risen steadily since 1999 in contrast with the death rates of blacks, Hispanics and Europeans. Their new study extends the data by two years and shows that whatever is driving the mortality spike is not easing up.
Translation: You're absolutely terrified Trump will win in 2024 so let's post another anti-Trump thread.

I don’t believe trump cares about me, I really don’t care. It’s just that you get a lot of people who say “trump said this or that” and “trump did this or that”, but then they don’t say what he said, and apparently nobody else seems to know about it, or have heard it. Like this woman, she claims to have heard trump say things, but she never says what he said.
He said his supporters are disgusting. He also said the Palestinians are smart.

Trump criticized Netanyahu and called Hezbollah very smart. Trump recalled to supporters what he described as “a bad experience with Israel” when he claimed Netanyahu had at the last minute pulled out from the asassination of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani. Trump decided to go ahead with the strike anyway.

“We did it but I’ll never forget that Netanyahu let us down. That was a very terrible thing,” Trump said. “We were disappointed by that. Very disappointed,” Trump later added. “But we did the job ourselves and it was absolute precision, a magnificent, beautiful job. And then Bibi tried to take credit for it. That didn’t make me feel too good but that’s all right.”

Trump suggested the story wasn’t previously known. “They’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s classified information.’ Well, maybe it is, but I don’t think so,” he added. Trump was charged in June for allegedly mishandling classified materials after leaving the White House.

Trump was reportedly furious when Netanyahu congratulated President Joe Biden on his 2020 election victory, which Trump falsely maintains to this day was stolen. Some commentators speculated Trump’s criticism of Netanyahu could be down to that.

Earlier in his speech, Trump complimented Hezbollah,

“You know, Hezbollah is very smart,” Trump said. “They’re all very smart.”

“The press doesn’t like when they say it,”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) slammed Trump’s comments.

“It is absurd that anyone, much less someone running for President, would choose now to attack our friend and ally, Israel, much less praise Hezbollah terrorists as ‘very smart,’” he wrote on X.

Olivia Troye, a former aide to ex-Vice President Mike Pence detailed the contempt with which Donald Trump holds his supporters.

Trump ― who has been accused of demeaning his fans before ― had “done a great job of sort of marketing himself as the champion for all of these people who are behind him in this movement.” But in private meetings, she said, he was “so disparaging” of them. “What is so frustrating and angering to me is the fact he has nothing in common with any of his supporters, and I detest the way he speaks about them,” Troye acknowledged how her Trump-supporting relatives were “very unhappy” with her for turning against the twice-impeached, four-time-indicted ex-POTUS. She said, “I think about them, and I’m like, ‘I hate the way you speak about them sometimes behind closed doors.’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...77ab6e-0da6-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html

death rate of midlife non-Hispanic white Americans had risen steadily since 1999 in contrast with the death rates of blacks, Hispanics and Europeans. Their new study extends the data by two years and shows that whatever is driving the mortality spike is not easing up.
You're describing all top elected officials. Most are just better at hiding their contempt for the voters.

You clearly don't live in a red state. In my red state you don't want to be in a Democratic district at night. I live in an affluent, highly educated suburb of a relatively small city that is unabashedly Republican, save some new transplants from blue states that are a little slow to figure things out. To paraphrase Chis Rock, you aren't looking over your shoulder for Republicans at 2:00am at the ATM, you are looking for Democrats.

Yes and usually located right next to your affluent white city is a poor black community that you exploit.

In a blue state you don't want to be in a Democratic city at night either. That's because they don't have the same economic opportunities you have. We are seeing all across America, Red states and blue, far too many Red necks, White Trash and Blue Collar people are dying younger than ever before. And they attribute it to economic despair.

He said his supporters are disgusting. He also said the Palestinians are smart.

Trump criticized Netanyahu and called Hezbollah very smart. Trump recalled to supporters what he described as “a bad experience with Israel” when he claimed Netanyahu had at the last minute pulled out from the asassination of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani. Trump decided to go ahead with the strike anyway.

“We did it but I’ll never forget that Netanyahu let us down. That was a very terrible thing,” Trump said. “We were disappointed by that. Very disappointed,” Trump later added. “But we did the job ourselves and it was absolute precision, a magnificent, beautiful job. And then Bibi tried to take credit for it. That didn’t make me feel too good but that’s all right.”

Trump suggested the story wasn’t previously known. “They’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s classified information.’ Well, maybe it is, but I don’t think so,” he added. Trump was charged in June for allegedly mishandling classified materials after leaving the White House.

Trump was reportedly furious when Netanyahu congratulated President Joe Biden on his 2020 election victory, which Trump falsely maintains to this day was stolen. Some commentators speculated Trump’s criticism of Netanyahu could be down to that.

Earlier in his speech, Trump complimented Hezbollah,

“You know, Hezbollah is very smart,” Trump said. “They’re all very smart.”

“The press doesn’t like when they say it,”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) slammed Trump’s comments.

“It is absurd that anyone, much less someone running for President, would choose now to attack our friend and ally, Israel, much less praise Hezbollah terrorists as ‘very smart,’” he wrote on X.

I don’t know about any of that other stuff, I thought we were talking about trump thinking his supporters were disgusting. In that regard, then it’s up to each individual to decide if his view of them personally outweighs their desire to have a Republican or democrat in office. Think of it like this, if trump manages to win again, then it will be 4 more years, then he will be gone, and people will eventually forget about him and move on to the next candidate.

Yes and usually located right next to your affluent white city is a poor black community that you exploit.

I didn't mention race. There are most certainly poor white families in my state as well, some of them vote Republican and some for Democrat. I am not sure how the poor communities are exploited by the affluent in my area, black or white. If you mean the affluent hire them and pay them less than they themselves make, then yes, I guess that are exploited.

I didn't mention race. There are most certainly poor white families in my state as well, some of them vote Republican and some for Democrat. I am not sure how the poor communities are exploited by the affluent in my area, black or white. If you mean the affluent hire them and pay them less than they themselves make, then yes, I guess that are exploited.

What mostly white Democratic district do you not want to be caught in at night? Around here that would be Taylor/Inkster.

What mostly white Democratic district do you not want to be caught in at night? Around here that would be Taylor/Inkster.

You got me there, but I wasn't thinking about it from a racial perspective. We do have poor white districts but they wouldn't generally be considered dangerous, though theft would still be a concern. Given the relatively equal economic depravity of some poor white and black districts, why is this the case?

You got me there, but I wasn't thinking about it from a racial perspective. We do have poor white districts but they wouldn't generally be considered dangerous, though theft would still be a concern. Given the relatively equal economic depravity of some poor white and black districts, why is this the case?

Because blacks have been dealing with it for centuries. Uneducated whites economic opportunities only started getting worse in the 70's when corporations and Republicans broke the social contract with working Americans. It's been slow but Reagan started breaking unions and Bush really fucked blue collar whites during the Great Recession years. The 2000's. I believe over 750,000 good paying jobs went overseas.

Remember Mitt Romney's Bain Capital? They purchased companies, chopped them up, sent the jobs overseas. They didn't care one bit about the American middle class. That's why even your best Republican's polices are wrong for the middle class.

I like what Robert De Niro said

De Niro’s basic message: Trump’s not bad, he’s evil.

“I’ve spent a lot of time studying bad men. I’ve examined their characteristics, their mannerisms, the utter banality of their cruelty,” De Niro said in the statement. “Yet there’s something different about Trump. When I look at him, I don’t see a bad man. Truly. I see an evil one.” De Niro continued, “He’s a wannabe tough guy with no morals or ethics. No sense of right or wrong. No regard for anyone but himself — not the people he was supposed to lead and protect.”

“Democracy won’t survive the return of a wannabe dictator,” De Niro said. “And it won’t overcome evil if we are divided.”

He wrote that the solution to bridging the gap is reaching out to Trump supporters.

“They’re not stupid, and we must not condemn them for making a stupid choice,” he said. “Our future doesn’t just depend on us. It depends on them.”

Why are Lefties so incapable of realizing that it is possible to criticize those with whom you generally agree and praise someone with whom you disagree? Really, it's not that difficult a concept.

When Trump pointed out that Netanyahu bailed on the taking out of Soleimani he wasn't being anti-Semitic or criticizing Israel. He simply pointed out an instance where someone he admires did not meet Trump's expectation. When he says that some dictator (e.g., Putin) is "smart" he is not endorsing or approving everything that person has ever done. He is making a relevant, factual statement.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Forum List

Back