Who’s Opposed to Term Limits for Congress?

We have term limits
2 years in the House and 6 in the Senate

After that, you have to start all over again

I don’t want arbitrary laws telling me who I am allowed to vote for. If I like the job he is doing representing me, I should be allowed to send him back to Washington
So you’re open to a Trump third and fourth term then. Okey dokey.

We have term limits

I don’t want arbitrary laws telling me who I am allowed to vote for. If I like the job he is doing representing me, I should be allowed to send him back to Washington
If a person is in there for too long, they have a machine established and know too many skeletons to use as a weapon.
If they have no political experience they are vulnerable and are easily manipulated

Let the voter decide
Then you don't mind corruption in our politics....unless it's from the opposing party.
Let the voter decide? When you have the machine, no one can put up a viable
campaign because of the amount of money the machine can generate. But, that's cool with you.
Not always getting the best and the brightest, but by golly, he/she can stay in politics and become
multi millionaires on their salaries. But, that's cool with you.
I get so confused how all of this works, or maybe I do understand how corruption in politics works.
Of course I oppose corruption. If you find it, arrest him and remove him from office.

The “machine” will just get behind new, inexperienced candidates. Just as corrupt
They're all corrupt. When are Dims going to vote out Schiff and Pelosi?

If anyone can provide data showing that a Senator is incapable of serving the public after 12 years and that an inexperienced candidate will do a better job......please provide it
A senator is more than capable of raping the federal treasury and selling out the voters after 1 year. Why would we leave him in office so he can do it for 4 or 5 terms? The only thing politicians learn in office is how to slap backs, log roll, take bribes and bamboozle the public.

We have term limits

Yeah you would rather impeachment instead.
When someone breaks the law they deserve to be impeached regardless of what the last election showed

You think being elected is a license to steal?
What law did Trump break?

Term limits is a bad idea. First of all the Founding Fathers gave us the opportunity to hire and fire members of congress every two years. The "term limits" proposal presumes that voters don't have enough intelligence to replace a member of congress if they prove to be inept or corrupt.

We have term limits

If a person is in there for too long, they have a machine established and know too many skeletons to use as a weapon.
If they have no political experience they are vulnerable and are easily manipulated

Let the voter decide
Then you don't mind corruption in our politics....unless it's from the opposing party.
campaign because of the amount of money the machine can generate. But, that's cool with you.
Not always getting the best and the brightest, but by golly, he/she can stay in politics and become
I get so confused how all of this works, or maybe I do understand how corruption in politics works.
Of course I oppose corruption. If you find it, arrest him and remove him from office.

The “machine” will just get behind new, inexperienced candidates. Just as corrupt
Might be sooner than later for Nancy. She’s been questioned by the FBI on her hubby’s selling of stocks just before the crash.

Term limits is a bad idea. First of all the Founding Fathers gave us the opportunity to hire and fire members of congress every two years. The "term limits" proposal presumes that voters don't have enough intelligence to replace a member of congress if they prove to be inept or corrupt.

The founding fathers didn't foresee that no one polices the politicians adequately. No one needs to serve more than two terms.
Pols need to know how the rest of us live, and what problems we need solved, instead of living in their political donor bubbles.
Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026 if not sooner.
Social Security will be insolvent in 2037 if not sooner.
The National Debt is off the fucking chart, the interest payments will be more than Defense, and for what?

We have term limits

Let the voter decide

Might be sooner than later for Nancy. She’s been questioned by the FBI on her hubby’s selling of stocks just before the crash.

I could have sworn that was Feinstein. Maybe I am wrong.

We have term limits

Let the voter decide

I could have sworn that was Feinstein. Maybe I am wrong.
You’re right. I always confuse my witches.

The founding fathers didn't foresee that no one polices the politicians adequately. No one needs to serve more than two terms.
Pols need to know how the rest of us live, and what problems we need solved, instead of living in their political donor bubbles.
The National Debt is off the fucking chart, the interest payments will be more than Defense, and for what?
They envisioned serving one or two terms then going back to work.

They problem isn't my senator. The problem is your senator. I don't need your senator looting my paycheck and running us into bankruptcy for the next 30 years.

That was way back when they served 2 or 3 terms, resumed their jobs as farmers, merchants, doctors and other honest professions. Then the shysters found easy pickings and turned the Congress into a political affair. That's why we need more Trump types and less politicians.

Exactly. They originally had lockers to visit DC when Congress was in session. They had to earn a real living instead of donating all their time. We need to turn the "political class" into the "working class".

Of course we police our politicians
They are routinely voted out of office. Like our founders intended

If they envisioned that, it would have been included
Their only comparable would have been England where those in Parliament routinely served decades

Forum List

Back