Who’s Opposed to Term Limits for Congress?

We have term limits
2 years in the House and 6 in the Senate

After that, you have to start all over again

I don’t want arbitrary laws telling me who I am allowed to vote for. If I like the job he is doing representing me, I should be allowed to send him back to Washington

Yeah you would rather impeachment instead.
When someone breaks the law they deserve to be impeached regardless of what the last election showed

You think being elected is a license to steal?

If anyone believes a Congressman or Senator should not be allowed more than two terms......just stop voting for them after two terms.

Anyone oppose term limits for House and Senate members? And if so, why?

I endorse term limits for legislators, as well as forcing them to accept minimum wage and low tier health care. Let Caesar's choir fend for itself as true servants of the people, as all the people must do.

Congressional health care is the same as every other federal employee. Anything about basic, they pay for it out of ther salary.

I oppose them.

I think if a person runs and gets the most votes, they should get the job.

Of course, I also support real campaign finance reform which would end the bullshit advantage that incumbents have and lead to natural term limits.

We’ve had success in limiting Presidential terms and we should do the same with Congressional and Senate Terms. Regardless of what term limits scope, I would also modify House of Reps to increase from 2 years to 3 or 4 years terms. I’ve always felt that two years is too short and puts more resources on campaigning vs. serving. For Senate, 6 year term is too long and would reduce that to 4 or 3 years.

The turnover of the House every two years and one-third of the Senate every two years works. You should not change the length of the terms.

NOT me. There REALLY needs to be SOMETHING done concerning this. Perhaps make it mandatory for those in Congress who've been there a LONG time, to have to take some kind of mental fitness test, to see if senility has set in. I believe something like this would work.

Man. That’s impressive. Thanks for the suggestion.

I endorse term limits for legislators, as well as forcing them to accept minimum wage and low tier health care. Let Caesar's choir fend for itself as true servants of the people, as all the people must do.

Congressional health care is the same as every other federal employee. Anything about basic, they pay for it out of ther salary.
Actually Federal Employees have FEHB
Congress is forced to use Obamacare Exchanges

I oppose them.

Of course, I also support real campaign finance reform which would end the bullshit advantage that incumbents have and lead to natural term limits.

I also support real campaign finance reform which would end the bullshit advantage that incumbents have

How do you reform away the advantages an incumbent has?

Then you don't mind corruption in our politics....unless it's from the opposing party.
Let the voter decide? When you have the machine, no one can put up a viable
campaign because of the amount of money the machine can generate. But, that's cool with you.
Not always getting the best and the brightest, but by golly, he/she can stay in politics and become
multi millionaires on their salaries. But, that's cool with you.
I get so confused how all of this works, or maybe I do understand how corruption in politics works.

Term limits do nothing about corruption. In fact, they encourage it. Being a conservative. If you don't favour term limits, you favour corruption. It's always and either/or with you clowns.

Eliminate donor financing of elections. All parties get $3 per voter in their districts. No PAC's, no personal donors. Each candidate has to make do with the campaign finance money they're given.

I oppose them.

I also support real campaign finance reform which would end the bullshit advantage that incumbents have

By reforming our campaign finance laws to make it so there is a limit to how much $$ a candidate can spend in an election campaign. Incumbents have a huge advantage as they can use their position to fundraise.

Duh!

Then you don't mind corruption in our politics....unless it's from the opposing party.
campaign because of the amount of money the machine can generate. But, that's cool with you.
Not always getting the best and the brightest, but by golly, he/she can stay in politics and become
I get so confused how all of this works, or maybe I do understand how corruption in politics works.

Term limits do nothing about corruption. In fact, they encourage it. Being a conservative. If you don't favour term limits, you favour corruption. It's always and either/or with you clowns.

Eliminate donor financing of elections. All parties get $3 per voter in their districts. No PAC's, no personal donors. Each candidate has to make do with the campaign finance money they're given.
There is the rub, get congress to go along with that. What world do you live in? The one with unicorns?
We'll never see term limits either. Both parties are too strong and too much money to change the status quo.

With your girly boy as PM, I wouldn't be calling anyone else a clown. just sayin.....

Term limits do nothing about corruption. In fact, they encourage it.

Then why aren't all the corrupt people, like congress, in favor of term limits?

Eliminate donor financing of elections. All parties get $3 per voter in their districts. No PAC's, no personal donors.

Awesome idea!! No incumbent would ever lose again.

Wait, all parties? I'm starting the "Dragonlady is a stupid twat" Party. Where is my $2 million?

There is the rub, get congress to go along with that. What world do you live in? The one with unicorns?
We'll never see term limits either. Both parties are too strong and too much money to change the status quo.

With your girly boy as PM, I wouldn't be calling anyone else a clown. just sayin.....

Do you think one of the two parties is more likely to favor that type of plan? Or do you believe that both parties are equally opposed to such reforms?

I oppose them.

By reforming our campaign finance laws to make it so there is a limit to how much $$ a candidate can spend in an election campaign. Incumbents have a huge advantage as they can use their position to fundraise.

Duh!

Incumbents have a huge advantage as they can use their position to fundraise.

Incumbents have a huge advantage as they can use their position to advertise for free.

How does LoneLaugher stand a change running against Nancy Pelosi with no campaign funds?
She can write a letter to constituents. Write a letter to the editor. Get on the Nightly News. Etc. Etc.

Do you think one of the two parties is more likely to favor that type of plan? Or do you believe that both parties are equally opposed to such reforms?
Both parties are equal with this...neither wants to give up the power.
One other thing, It is truly my belief that both parties ultimate goal for our nation
is the same, LL. It's just one wants to get there faster than the other.

I oppose them.

Duh!

Incumbents have a huge advantage as they can use their position to advertise for free.

How does LoneLaugher stand a change running against Nancy Pelosi with no campaign funds?
She can write a letter to constituents. Write a letter to the editor. Get on the Nightly News. Etc. Etc.
Incumbents have a huge advantage because they have a record to run on

I oppose them.

Duh!

I don’t give two shits about Nancy Pelosi’s chances in her election.

One other thing, It is truly my belief that both parties ultimate goal for our nation

That’s defeatist. It is also a POV that is held by more “Republicans” than “Democrats”.

It is a soothing thing for you to believe.

That’s defeatist. It is also a POV that is held by more “Republicans” than “Democrats”.

It is a soothing thing for you to believe.
There has been a lot of changes in my lifetime, LL, I see the direction it's going.
You want to keep living in your world with your head stuck in the sand, feel free .
I'm a realist and I know what I'm seeing. By the way, a few of my liberal friends feel the same way as I do.
Why else would they say that they're glad that they're 80 and not 8?

You have to polarize everything, don't you? What a goofball.

This girly boy?

Forum List

Back