Whoopi exemplified the “New Antisemitism” on the Far-Left, so let’s discuss its root causes

You have four Holocaust deniers representing your party in Congress. Clean your own house first.
The Democrat Party is so Anti-Individual Liberties, So Anti-Constitution, so Antisemetic, and so Anti-American, that they should be wearing little armbands and marching around in synchronous goosestep.

iu

You have four Holocaust deniers representing your party in Congress. Clean your own house first.
Yup. And one of the antisemitic Democrat Muslims - Tlaib - said that she gets a “calming” feeling on National Holocaust Day. Other Democrats raced to her defense when Republicans rightly condemned her.

This is what the Democrat Party is today.

Yup. And one of the antisemitic Democrat Muslims - Tlaib - said that she gets a “calming” feeling on National Holocaust Day. Other Democrats raced to her defense when Republicans rightly condemned her.

This is what the Democrat Party is today.

And the fact that DeSantis refuses to condemn the neoNazis?

crickets?

How about Trump's Charlottesville comments...those "good people".

crickets?

Deplorables have their ways but they are really bending over backwards for Progs. And have been. Social agendas are noble. Putting them into practice is destroying us. Humans are getting too complicated cheating the nature of the species. Civility and responsibility have been ditched and we will pay for this.

The Democrat Party

iu
Just read where the school lunch Nazis are back at it again after President Trump had gotten kids eating their school lunches again.

crickets?

He condemns DemNazis all the time.
So are you saying that everyone in Charlottesville were bad people?
Are BLM, and ANTIFA when they are vandalizing cars, and assaulting people for no reason, "good people"?

Please tell us what the "Politically Correct" answer is, so we can be a PC Religious Fanatic like you.

You are exemplifying my points in the OP.

1) By saying her antisemitic remarks were due to her “speaking before she thought” is downplaying antisemitism. When whites say something racist against blacks, do you excuse it away by saying they just spoke too fast and aren’t necessarily racist? To the contrary, liberals are quick to yell “racist” at people who have done nothing other than disagree with liberal policies.

2) Let’s not make this about Israel. The thread will derail, as liberals claim that being against Israel is in no way related to being against Jews.

3) The Charlottesville event from the last decade is brought up repeatedly. This thread is not about the fringe nut cases, including that Islamic terrorist kidnapper from two weeks ago, but about the underlying ideologies of liberals that cause them to downplay antisemitism. That you bring up Charlottesville as an example of what you consider “actual” antisemitism, and give an excuse to Whoopi, is the very topic of this thread.: that liberals downplay antisemitism unless it is blatant and on the right.

That said, it is obvious you are a liberal, but I appreciate the polite tone you took in your response.
1) No it isn't. It's me questioning the fact that Whoopie is anti-Semitic because she said that the holocaust wasn't about race. It might be, but it's a big charge to lay at someone's feet on the basis of a single statement that just as easy and in my opinion more likely could have been said out of a lack of forethought.

Not just that but you take it a step further and try to make grand sweeping conclusions involving an entire political ideology. Although Whoopie apologized and her employer which is what you call left-wing media suspended her regardless. Weirdly enough in the same breath, you bemoan the left doing the same thing in your opinion.

2) If you bring up Israel in your original OP, why shouldn't I? And no I can look at specific policies and judge them as right or wrong regardless of who's implementing the policies. Do you think I need to hate Americans because I can judge forcibly relocating the Indians as something that is objectively wrong? Do you think I need to hate Israel because I can judge them to be morally wrong for removing Palistians from the West Bank so Israel can take the land?

3) And yes if you want to level the charge it has to blatant altough who's doing it blatantly is irrelevant. Again it is a big charge. Otherwise I could do things like pointing out the disrepancy between the lack of black Republican lawmakers relative to the actual population and use it to claim the entire right is racist. Something you obviously and rightfully would take offense to more than likely.

1) No it isn't. It's me questioning the fact that Whoopie is anti-Semitic because she said that the holocaust wasn't about race. It might be, but it's a big charge to lay at someone's feet on the basis of a single statement that just as easy and in my opinion more likely could have been said out of a lack of forethought.

Not just that but you take it a step further and try to make grand sweeping conclusions involving an entire political ideology. Although Whoopie apologized and her employer which is what you call left-wing media suspended her regardless. Weirdly enough in the same breath, you bemoan the left doing the same thing in your opinion.

2) If you bring up Israel in your original OP, why shouldn't I? And no I can look at specific policies and judge them as right or wrong regardless of who's implementing the policies. Do you think I need to hate Americans because I can judge forcibly relocating the Indians as something that is objectively wrong? Do you think I need to hate Israel because I can judge them to be morally wrong for removing Palistians from the West Bank so Israel can take the land?

3) And yes if you want to level the charge it has to blatant altough who's doing it blatantly is irrelevant. Again it is a big charge. Otherwise I could do things like pointing out the disrepancy between the lack of black Republican lawmakers relative to the actual population and use it to claim the entire right is racist. Something you obviously and rightfully would take offense to more than likely.
Whoopie used to do stand up comedy. Hers was more of a social conscience type of act. She spoke of her childhood as a young black girl struggling with her black identity and spent a big part of her act making people aware of the trials that Ann Frank went through...to the point of being uncomfortable imagining what Ann's life must have been like hiding from the Nazis for years.

She is NOT antiSemitic.

Her idea of race however seems to be that it is a black/white thing. In no way was she "anti" anything about Jews.

Of course these days there are "rules" about how one must act and what one must say

Hitler's Mufti, Anti-Semitism and Democrats
Read the book "Icon of Evil, Hitler's Mufti", and see what leads to Anti-Semitism today and the Democrat's part in it. This is the first video. Stay tuned for Part Two
Um, wow, your history is so bad in this thread it's a laugh.

The Mufti was one guy. 22,000 Palestinians enlisted in the British Army to fight the Axis. (And the British thanked them by giving their land to the Zionists.)

OK….so here we have another example of antisemitism on the left. Sometimes it can be blatant.

In this case, the liberal goes straight for contempt with the “Chosen people” sneer and disdain for ”Zionists,” who after all are just Jews who believe in Israel’s right to exist,

Well, yeah, except for the part of stealing someone else's land to make Israel exist because a Magic Fairy in the Sky Said so.

Next, he does exactly what I said is being done: downplaying it. First, he goes straight to the “blacks have had it worse”. This was my second point in the OP. Liberals downplay antisemitism in relation to racism because they can’t process that a people with so much bigotry against them - a Jew is more likely to be victimized by a hate crime than a black - can be so above average in outcomes, despite all that bigotry,

Sorry, talking STRICTLY about the United States, um, yeah, blacks have had it worse than any other group, with maybe the possible exception of Native Americans.

Then he goes in to diminish the horrors of the attempted genocide of the world’s Jews but bringing in the “yeah, they weren’t the only ones,” thereby minimizing the fact that Jews were the only ones viewed as an inferior race for their religion. Also the very downolaying that landed Whoopi in hot water.

Um wait, are you arguing the genocide was about race or religion? The Nazis killed a lot of people, that's the point. And most of them were white people. So, yeah, from a certain point of view, a person of color could look at white people offing each other and say, "Well, at least they are killing each other for a change."

The problem here is that you want to selectively be a minority. When it's to your advantage to be considered white, you want to be white, when it's to your advantage to be an "oppressed minority", you embrace that. Black folks really don't have that option, do they?

I didn’t realize it when I first posted, but this thread will consist of liberals downplaying antisemitism and demonstrating the points in my OP.
That you want to make a big deal about Whoopi, then, yes, it's not a big deal.

There you go again you racist anti-Semite. Just like you were counting black bodies in the thread about college entrance racism here you are counting Jewish bodies. You are an ignorant racist to the bone. Democrats ae Jew-hating racists, the Squad are full blown fascists and you support it all.

Yawn, that other thread was you whining that blacks were getting into college for being black, even though whites (and Asians) are overrepresented in college. same thing here, you can't be over-represented in something and then claim you are oppressed.

Muslims overwhelmingly fought against Hitler during WWll
The record is a complex, mixed and nuanced one, but the overarching fact is that Arab and Muslim involvement in the war was overwhelmingly on the Allied side, and was a significant factor in fighting on the ground. The overwhelming majority joined the cause voluntarily, despite British and French colonialism.

Moroccans estimate that 1,700 of their countrymen participated in the D-Day invasion as part of the Free French Army. This only hints at the scale of North African participation in Allied fighting.
The majority of the French army in North Africa in 1939 and 1940 were Arabs. In the French defeat of June 1940, about 5,400 Arab soldiers were killed fighting on the Allied side, and an estimated 60,000 Algerians, 18,000 Moroccans, 12,000 Tunisians and 90,000 other Muslims were captured by the Germans. It has been estimated that 233,000 North African Muslims were serving in the Free French Army in 1944, and that about 52 per cent of all its troops killed during the final year of the war were Muslims, mostly from North Africa. Some 40,000 North Africans are estimated to have given their lives in fighting for the liberation of Europe in 1944-45.

The Allied Muslim contingent from South Asia was even larger. At least half a million Indian Muslims enlisted in the British military during the conflict. At least one-third, if not more, of the British "Indian Army" that fought during the war on many fronts were Indian Muslims – a disproportionately high percentage.
Second World War record of Muslims is worth marking | The National

Forum List

Back