Who would have won a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson ?

Tyson grew up having to survive in gang fights in the streets of 1970's Brooklyn, one of the roughest places in the world at the time.
Which I assure you was populated by precisely ZERO people with years of training and experience in kickboxing, or Jeet June do, or tae Kwon do, etc.

You are wrong about that.
Hmm, no, I guarantee you he never ran into a true black belt while thugging around the streets. Would bet my life savings.

You really need to get it through your head: Neither Mike Tyson, nor any other "boxer-only", would stand a chance against any trained kicker in their weight class in any officiated fight.

And double goes for wrestlers (and jiu-jitsu).

UFC destroyed the myth of Kung Fu. Bruce Lee was a 135 pound actor. He had no mass to take on the big guys.
Uh ... the UFC has weight classes, bro

The question is Bruce Lee vs. Mike Tyson.

First off, Wing Chun is on the level of Tarot Cards and Global Warming, all hype, no fact.

I spent 30 years in Kung Fu San Soo under Raul Ries. Size matters, a lot. Practice matters, a lot. Muscle memory, strength, and body mass. It's physics. Chi is the stuff of morons.

Tyson grew up having to survive in gang fights in the streets of 1970's Brooklyn, one of the roughest places in the world at the time.
Which I assure you was populated by precisely ZERO people with years of training and experience in kickboxing, or Jeet June do, or tae Kwon do, etc.

You are wrong about that.
Hmm, no, I guarantee you he never ran into a true black belt while thugging around the streets. Would bet my life savings.

Maybe you're too young to know about the 'kung-fu' boom of the 70's and too inexperienced to know what "black belt" means in the streets (or a dojo, for that matter).

Maybe you're too young to know about the 'kung-fu' boom of the 70's and too inexperienced to know what "black belt" means in the streets (or a dojo, for that matter).
Rule #1 in the streets
NEVER underestimate your opponent(s).

My cousin Jesse was a golden gloves boxer and orange belt in kung fu at 16, and by the time he was 17 or 18 a guardian angel in South Bronx (mid 70's )....his thighs were as hard as wood and he could throw spin kicks over my head, flat-footed slow-motion side kicks that would touch my nose and I was 6"2" then.. Anyway, long story short- , he joined the Marines and hurt his back in Operation Desert Storm and does solar panel sales in Florida now, doing well last I heard.

Last edited:
He used to ride a 10 speed around with a pair of nunchucks mounted on the bar.:auiqs.jpg:

"Next stop is yours right homey ?"
021216guardianangels53matt.jpg

My cousin Jesse was a golden gloves boxer and orange belt in kung fu at 16......

I wonder if you appreciate how funny "orange belt in kung fu" is.

Really ?
What's the punchline, Chip Webster?.......

What's funny is that the whole rainbow of colored belts is something promoted for the kids in the strip mall 'dojos.' Or more accurately, to squeeze more $$ out of their parents. It's not really important in traditional martial arts of Japan, and has absolutely nothing to do with traditional Chinese martial arts. So, "orange belt in 'kung fu'" is pretty funny.

He used to ride a 10 speed around with a pair of nunchucks mounted on the bar.:auiqs.jpg:

"Next stop is yours right homey ?"
021216guardianangels53matt.jpg

No offense, but that is hilarious, not intimidating. The bikey with the plastic nunchaku in the basket is even better.

No offense, but that is hilarious, not intimidating. The bikey with the plastic nunchaku in the basket is even better.
So you think that because I'm an anonymous person online that
I go around making shit up ?
Maybe your real life is that pathetic and boring but it's not the way I roll.
Everything about my cousin is true .

In fact everything I've ever said here about myself is true, Chip..

Last edited:
Each in their prime, in a real-life fight with no gloves or weapons.

All due respect to Bruce Lee, I think Mike Tyson would have killed him.

Hard to say. What would winning be? Knock out? Some kind of points? To the death? All three? Tyson is/was a slugger. Sure, I'm sure he used some technique, but in the end all he had to do was soak up some punches then fire that right. Even if Lee was able to keep moving the more blows he took and the longer it went in I think Tyson would have had him. Same for Lee. I think in this situation Lee would fire Tyson out and rip him up. I would go with Lee.

Check out their stats.

Lee 5"8' and 141 pounds. He would know a bit from Tyson would end him. Lee was fast and would be able to out swing Tyson.

Tyson in his prime was like 5'10" and around 220. He was never a mover, just a slugger and not a real smart fighter.

Forum List

Back