Who won last night?

Democrats keep telling me that they're the winners despite no "blue wave" materializing. Republicans keep telling me that they're the winners, despite losing the House, because they picked up seats in the Senate. I'm confused. Who won last night?
The country won last night.

Now we have oversight of Mafia Don.

deantard speaks again. LOL.

Now Trump is Tony Soprano?

He is a fat balding man. :dunno:

Poor Jimmy G is long gone.

Democrats keep telling me that they're the winners despite no "blue wave" materializing. Republicans keep telling me that they're the winners, despite losing the House, because they picked up seats in the Senate. I'm confused. Who won last night?

The GOP had 2 chambers in Congress. Now they have 1 and still do not have a cloture margin in the Senate.

Who do you think won?

Then there is this...

72476694-E79B-493C-B314-F7AB466B6795.png

I agree, but not for the same partisan hack reasons you do. The House and Senate should probably always be split. The idea of any one party having total control of Congress and the White House is scary to me.

With Democrats in control of the House do you predict more compromise, or more gridlock?

Dude, have you looked at the national news lately? Does this look like a country that's in the mood to compromise about anything?
Listening to Fox Rush Etc BS propaganda and Hate, it's not surprising that's what you idiots believe. However the Democratic Party continues to be the only place for civility and compromise. Pelosi already said so.

Democrats won the house.
Republicans won the senate.

But historically speaking republicans won by far compared to the average.

I agree, but not for the same partisan hack reasons you do. The House and Senate should probably always be split. The idea of any one party having total control of Congress and the White House is scary to me.
Actually, the country and the middle class, screwed over for 35 years now by GOP give away to the rich, is desperate for full Democratic control for 8 years and not in the middle of another corrupt GOP economic meltdown. Then we might no longer be the only rich country without Healthcare daycare paid parental leave living wage good infrastructure and vacations cheap college and training, ID card to end illegal immigration, and mainly taxing the rich more like their fair share.

Let's see....

In 2010 the Republicans redrew a massive amount of election districts, gerrymandering them so that it would be nearly impossible for the Democrats to ever take the house again.

Last night the Democrats DID the nearly impossible and took back the house.

Yes, it was a blue wave, a huge blue wave that hit against a huge red wall. Yet, against all odds, the wave made it over that wall!

With Democrats in control of the House do you predict more compromise, or more gridlock?

Dude, have you looked at the national news lately? Does this look like a country that's in the mood to compromise about anything?
Listening to Fox Rush Etc BS propaganda and Hate, it's not surprising that's what you idiots believe. However the Democratic Party continues to be the only place for civility and compromise. Pelosi already said so.
This is how sheepish the left are "However the Democratic Party continues to be the only place for civility and compromise. Pelosi already said so"

Yeah get in my face with your civility, I'm gonna show you a civil ass whoopin.

There was no blue wave.

There was no red tsunami.

Or maybe there was..maybe it will come in two waves, like real tsunamis....
Republicans hold the Senate, which is really good.
And Trump is going to continue to seat constitutional judges at every level of the judiciary, and to appoint solid prosecutors.

And I think we're going to see prosecutions of the entrenched corrupt leftists at every level. It won't be super overt..he isn't going to say "Hey we're arresting Hillary, Obama, Michelle, and we have a hit out on Soros"

He's going to go after them on every level.

Cumulative effect, like fuckerberg's algorithms.

And another of Oregon's counties flipped from blue to red, so that's a good thing.

Oregon's "moderate republicans" are not going to ever wrest the power from the criminals who currently hold us hostage. Until the Repub party starts giving us viable hardcore rightwing candidates, the dems will continue to hold and ruin our state. But I'm hopeful that our next candidates will appeal to all republicans...not just the rinos.

Let's see....

In 2010 the Republicans redrew a massive amount of election districts, gerrymandering them so that it would be nearly impossible for the Democrats to ever take the house again.

Yes, it was a blue wave, a huge blue wave that hit against a huge red wall. Yet, against all odds, the wave made it over that wall!

Nearly impossible?

The opposition has done that every time saving unusual circumstance.

You watch too much CNN.

With the amount of voters the leftists have brought in from Mexico it's almost impossible to call this country America anymore. So it's nearly impossible to defeat the pro Mexico party if something.

This is how sheepish the left are "However the Democratic Party continues to be the only place for civility and compromise. Pelosi already said so"

you are so distracted by garbage hate propaganda you don't know you are voting against your own interests, super duper.

Let's see....

Nearly impossible?

You watch too much CNN.

With the amount of voters the leftists have brought in from Mexico it's almost impossible to call this country America anymore. So it's nearly impossible to defeat the pro Mexico party if something.
There is absolutely no evidence of illegals voting, Super Duper.

Doesn’t exactly sound like a winner does he aaronleland ?

And another of Oregon's counties flipped from blue to red, so that's a good thing.

Oregon's "moderate republicans" are not going to ever wrest the power from the criminals who currently hold us hostage. Until the Repub party starts giving us viable hardcore rightwing candidates, the dems will continue to hold and ruin our state. But I'm hopeful that our next candidates will appeal to all republicans...not just the rinos.

I honestly forgot Oregon existed. :eek:

Let's see....

Nearly impossible?

You watch too much CNN.

There is absolutely no evidence of illegals voting, Super Duper.

Oh they bring in people both legally and illegally, whatever ways they can. The more anti-American the better.

And as I recall the investigation into illegals voting did turn up votes.

The GOP had 2 chambers in Congress. Now they have 1 and still do not have a cloture margin in the Senate.

Who do you think won?
/-----/ We have the White House, Senate, and USSC. Yes, we lost the House because RINOs bailed leaving 41 vacancies. The GOP did this to themselves.

Actually, the GOP did amazingly well, considering the historical precedents for midterm elections and considering the expectations only a couple of months ago. (Also, considering the large number of vacancies you mentioned.) They took a guaranteed blue wave and turned it into a very small blue trickle.

I shall be fascinated to watch how this plays out in the months to come.

Forum List

Back