Who Won in The Mismanaged State of Florida?

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Why hasn't Florida been called?

As of Wednesday afternoon, President Barack Obama had a 4,143,342 to 4,096,314 lead over GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney in the state -- a margin of 47,028 votes with 100 percent of precincts reporting.

Nine counties -- Broward, Duval, Escambia, Hillsborough, Miami-Dade, Okaloosa, Palm Beach, Pinellas and Putnam -- are still counting absentee ballots, the Associated Press reported Wednesday morning. In total, 200,000 absentee and provisional ballots had yet to be counted as of Wednesday morning, larger than Obama's lead.

About 20,000 absentee ballots still had to be counted in Miami-Dade county as of Wednesday morning, according to the Miami Herald. The county faced long lines in early voting and a 12-page ballot that confused many voters.

The Huffington Post reported on the confusion in Miami:

In Miami-Dade county, where a swollen line forced Saturday's final early voter to wait until 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning to cast a ballot, the Elections Department's workaround to [Florida Gov. Rick] Scott's decision -- four hours of in-person absentee balloting on Sunday afternoon -- dissolved into a protest when Republican Mayor Carlos Gimenez ordered operations to shut down with 180 people in line and two hours to go. Though voting eventually resumed, it was only after residents who refused to leave chanted "Let us vote!" while banging on the department's locked front door.

Click here to see each county's progress in tallying votes, from the Florida Department of State.

Who Won Florida? Why Florida Hasn't Been Called Yet

Jeezus, that state is always fucked up. Count the votes and stop trying to cheat, morons.

We're very proud of our election officials.

Why are they always taking so long, Toro? Everyone else and in much heavier populated states than Florida have been done for days now.

The states needs to get their voting system together and they'd best do it fast.

If people cannot vote because the government makes it impossible for them to do so, they are also under no obligation to recognize that government's right to rule.

No, I am not kidding.

A social contract is a social contract.

When governments break their contract the people are free to respond in kind.

Florida has been so obnoxious all along in this election with their voter suppression. They need to get that vote count done. If it was in Romney's favor, it would have been completed.

Florida has been so obnoxious all along in this election with their voter suppression. They need to get that vote count done. If it was in Romney's favor, it would have been completed.

I was watching CNN on election night and saw the electoral map turn Florida blue a couple of times, then they kept switching it back to yellow after the commercial break, but the commentator was very sharp with the touch-screen interactive graphics showing each county by the numbers, making the case for a clear path to blue majority. Because it's Florida, I'm not surprised there is still a delay, but I think they are pretty confident Obama won Florida. I am thankful we are not waiting on Florida for the final results, and that 270 votes were achieved without them!

0.jpg

The states needs to get their voting system together and they'd best do it fast.

If people cannot vote because the government makes it impossible for them to do so, they are also under no obligation to recognize that government's right to rule.

No, I am not kidding.

We need federal standardized voting rules, devices, regulations etc... This patchwork of some states taking it more seriously than others is a problem easily remedied.

Rick Scott did everything he could think of to keep people from voting. But sadly, with the changing demographics in Florida, this may have been the last chance for the GOP to carry Florida in a Presidential election. That is chilling...

I was watching CNN on election night and saw the electoral map turn Florida blue a couple of times, then they kept switching it back to yellow after the commercial break, but the commentator was very sharp with the touch-screen interactive graphics showing each county by the numbers, making the case for a clear path to blue majority. Because it's Florida, I'm not surprised there is still a delay, but I think they are pretty confident Obama won Florida. I am thankful we are not waiting on Florida for the final results, and that 270 votes were achieved without them!

0.jpg

Everyone should write that governor and tell him what a jerk he is. I mean the whole US.

0.jpg

Everyone should write that governor and tell him what a jerk he is. I mean the whole US.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott says he's willing to look at whether changes are needed to make voting go smoother in Florida.

Governor willing to consider election changes | StAugustine.com

:lol: We don't call it Floriduh for nothing, Governor!

Email the Governor

there is a common thread in all these counties supervisors that still haven't finished, guess what that could be?
One doesn't proclaim themselves as a Dem, but unaffiliated, yet the history is there through her affiliation with groups and speaking events.

No, I am not kidding.

We need federal standardized voting rules, devices, regulations etc... This patchwork of some states taking it more seriously than others is a problem easily remedied.

We NEED voter I.D. laws and Marco Rubio, running for president, in 2016.

Rick Scott did everything he could think of to keep people from voting. But sadly, with the changing demographics in Florida, this may have been the last chance for the GOP to carry Florida in a Presidential election. That is chilling...

There were 11 amendments on the ballot.
The actual Office ballot was on one page!
The other 2 pages back and front were the amendments!
That was what took so much time.
I voted absentee and was able to study the amendments of which 8 were rejected!
Also there are a large number of military personnel overseas that have Florida as their home and their ballots have till 11/20 to be processed.

Forum List

Back