No Excuse Absentee Voting In Georgia Survives At State Election Board Vote To End It.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
The newly appointed chairman of the Georgia State Election Board cast the deciding vote on Tuesday against recommending that state legislators ban no-excuse absentee voting.

In a 3-2 vote on Tuesday, the election board struck down the recommendation to no longer allow any Georgia voter to request an absentee ballot after Chairman John Fervier declined the request from a fellow board member that the General Assembly dissolve a rule passed in 2005.

Absentee ballots in Georgia have been under increased scrutiny after the State Election Board adopted emergency rules in the 2020 in response to the pandemic’s public health emergency. A record number of Georgians voted by mail-in ballot in the 2020 general election cycle highlighted by the presidential race between Republican Donald Trump and then-Democratic nominee Joe Biden and a pair of U.S. Senate contests.

Trump and many of his supporters would blame his loss in 2020 on unfounded accusations of rampant voting fraud while trying to pressure state officials in Georgia to put an end to no-excuse absentee voting.

The newly appointed chairman of the Georgia State Election Board cast the deciding vote on Tuesday against recommending that state legislators ban no-excuse absentee voting.

In a 3-2 vote on Tuesday, the election board struck down the recommendation to no longer allow any Georgia voter to request an absentee ballot after Chairman John Fervier declined the request from a fellow board member that the General Assembly dissolve a rule passed in 2005.

Absentee ballots in Georgia have been under increased scrutiny after the State Election Board adopted emergency rules in the 2020 in response to the pandemic’s public health emergency. A record number of Georgians voted by mail-in ballot in the 2020 general election cycle highlighted by the presidential race between Republican Donald Trump and then-Democratic nominee Joe Biden and a pair of U.S. Senate contests.

Trump and many of his supporters would blame his loss in 2020 on unfounded accusations of rampant voting fraud while trying to pressure state officials in Georgia to put an end to no-excuse absentee voting.
No excuse absentee voting is fine and is necessary in populated districts... its mass mail out to everyone living and breathing that we object to.... as long as you need to register it works...

I just applied for my absentee ballot on Monday.

I just applied for my absentee ballot on Monday.
Didn't you vote absentee last time?.... why would you have to register again?... once you are registered to vote you are in unless you leave the state or change party affiliation...

No excuse absentee voting is fine and is necessary in populated districts... its mass mail out to everyone living and breathing that we object to.... as long as you need to register it works...
Agreed. As long as it's done properly, with required picture ID, sufficient checks, it'sfine.

And when you find someone trying to game the system, prosecute. You may not get a conviction (My Baby-Daddy tole me to vote for him while he was in Jay-yal) but it will make the criminals nerevous.

We don't have any problems with it in Florida. But -- We prosecute. Nearly a third of the prosecutions are, believe it or not -- Republicans. In The Villages. But it's still mostly dims. Especially the Tampa area. A shithole

This will help you dense libs to understand the difference between "absentee voting" and mass mailout balloting which the swing states did for covid the last two election cycles...
Absentee voters must be registered and thus can't cheat....

Agreed. As long as it's done properly, with required picture ID, sufficient checks, it'sfine.

And when you find someone trying to game the system, prosecute. You may not get a conviction (My Baby-Daddy tole me to vote for him while he was in Jay-yal) but it will make the criminals nerevous.

We don't have any problems with it in Florida. But -- We prosecute. Nearly a third of the prosecutions are, believe it or not -- Republicans. In The Villages. But it's still mostly dims. Especially the Tampa area. A shithole
Agreed... and about Tampa being a shithole too...

No excuse absentee voting is fine and is necessary in populated districts... its mass mail out to everyone living and breathing that we object to.... as long as you need to register it works..

Does anyone other than surada see a lie in my statement above?....

That's a baldface lie.

Fuck Off

Ballots for March 5 California Primary were sent out aobut 10-Days ago. I received mine on Monday February 12. Today is Wednesday. Yesterday was Tuesday February 13. After breakfast yesterday, I filled out my VBM, walked down to the Marin City Public Library where there is Vote By Mail Drop Box. I put my ballot in the drop box.

I always have to request an absentee ballot. Georgia is very strict.

In California, people are encouraged to Vote By Mail. Where I live there 3,800 people. The last and final time I worked at the Polls in Marin City over half the residents had opted for VBM. California also has same day registration, which ReNaziKlans hate.

Forum List

Back