Who will ever trust America again?

I doubt we beg anyone for troops. The UN, maybe?? Us. I doubt we have ever begged anyone for help to fight a war. We don't need their help. Our military is better than any in the world.
I remember bush sr espousing a coalition-

Republicans complained about Obama’s “Apology Tour”. No amount of apology will make up for the damage Trump has done to our global reputation.

But fixing America's foreign policy will require much more than simply erasing bad memories of Donald Trump and reverting to the technocratic competence of the Obama administration. In fact, righting our course may demand greater skill and influence than it's reasonable to assume Biden or any other president could possess.

That's because Trump's distinctive ineptitude and incoherence on the world stage is only a symptom of a much bigger and more systemic problem.

America's inconsistency
Obama should not have apologized but rather done a Reagan in pointing out our virtues … even though we fail sometimes.

But people were saying in 1976 that America was finished as a morally shining example. We're not footing the bill for Europe's defense, and after Trump we can't afford it anymore even if we were willing. Still Trump's racism and xenophobia are imploding as reality and events on the ground show them to be vacuous mindless mendacity of morons. (take that Spiro Agnew! LOL)

I couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks of us. The only time we hear from them is when they need money, or our military to defend their useless asses.
You forget about when you go begging to them for troops for the wars you start. But that is a very American forgetfulness.

I doubt we beg anyone for troops. The UN, maybe?? Us. I doubt we have ever begged anyone for help to fight a war. We don't need their help. Our military is better than any in the world.

W begged for coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Republicans complained about Obama’s “Apology Tour”. No amount of apology will make up for the damage Trump has done to our global reputation.

But fixing America's foreign policy will require much more than simply erasing bad memories of Donald Trump and reverting to the technocratic competence of the Obama administration. In fact, righting our course may demand greater skill and influence than it's reasonable to assume Biden or any other president could possess.

That's because Trump's distinctive ineptitude and incoherence on the world stage is only a symptom of a much bigger and more systemic problem.

America's inconsistency
Every nation that loves liberty, opposed communism, oligarchs, and terrorism, will support the United States of America. We lead the way again! Thank you President Donald J. Trump.

America's inconsistency
Obama should not have apologized but rather done a Reagan in pointing out our virtues … even though we fail sometimes.

But people were saying in 1976 that America was finished as a morally shining example. We're not footing the bill for Europe's defense, and after Trump we can't afford it anymore even if we were willing. Still Trump's racism and xenophobia are imploding as reality and events on the ground show them to be vacuous mindless mendacity of morons. (take that Spiro Agnew! LOL)
Obama was weak and our enemies saw that.

I couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks of us. The only time we hear from them is when they need money, or our military to defend their useless asses.
You forget about when you go begging to them for troops for the wars you start. But that is a very American forgetfulness.

W begged for coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Afghanistan is a NATO operation.

Why do we need anyone to "trust us"? Trust us for what? That's what contracts and treaties are for.
Hilarity. Really? The contracts and treaties from which you have been busy unilaterally withdrawing?
You don't negotiate with state sponsors of terrorism that killed U.S. troops in Iraq. Marcon is a pussy, Merkel is a spinless lesbian, and Trudeau is the "Little Boy Prime Minister." United States of America leads the way in defense of the free world.

I don't care if they trust us, as long as they stop ripping us off with unfair trade deals.
Trump is saying that the US is no longer the "world's chump", where pols sell the workers out and make buckets of K-Street cash.
Populism means pols take care of US families first.
We know the Bidens love that foreign cash.

Care to explain Ivanka's sweetheart deals, no tariffs, and Chinese patents?

It isn't just because of Trump, but this is certainly a good question.
For the most part, it is because of Trump

The US can no longer be trusted to keep its word. We have reverted into an America First shell and can no longer be trusted for global leadership

America's inconsistency

It will come back after the neocons have been defeated. Just think. We'll actually have an economy again that doesn't depend on the fed pumping hundreds of billions into it , to prop it up like it does now.

The article dismisses partisanship being the issue and identifies not having a clear strategy as being the issue. I'd submit that with the republican party's goal of dysfunction in the world, partisanship is the issue. Warmongering irrationality of a party hell bent on being the American version of the a middle eastern religious state IS the problem. "American First" means everyone, including America loses. Nov 3rd, elect an adult.
In this Address, Kennedy warned "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
This is why JFK would be a Republican today. On Nov. 3rd don't vote for an adult, vote for a MAN WITH BACKBONE, re-elect President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump.

America's inconsistency

It will come back after the neocons have been defeated. Just think. We'll actually have an economy again that doesn't depend on the fed pumping hundreds of billions into it , to prop it up like it does now.
Economy would be steaming along if blue state governor's would open up their states and not keep them shut down for political reasons.

America's inconsistency

You mean like Ears propped up Wall St? Fckin idiot

If Trump is re-elected, it'll take quite a bit longer for the world to trust us, even after he's gone. If he isn't, they'll see we're not as he portrays us. In that case, I think things could get back to normal fairly soon.

I don’t think it will be as easy as declaring.....Trump is gone, let’s go back to normal.

The world no longer looks at the US as a bastion of security. Our foreign policy swings radically depending on which party is in power. No deal is safe. US will rip up any deal once a new party takes over.

Germany is more stable and Russia and China look to fill the power void left by the US

It isn't just because of Trump, but this is certainly a good question.
For the most part, it is because of Trump

The US can no longer be trusted to keep its word. We have reverted into an America First shell and can no longer be trusted for global leadership
Trump has shown that the United States of America will negotiate through a position of strength and we are not part of some global family. We will do what is best for our people and our nation. America first!

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

America's inconsistency
/----/ Trump has nothing to apologize for, you stooge.

We have to apologize to the world for electing Trump and promise not to elect someone like that again.

I doubt the world will trust us

If Trump is re-elected, it'll take quite a bit longer for the world to trust us, even after he's gone. If he isn't, they'll see we're not as he portrays us. In that case, I think things could get back to normal fairly soon.

I don’t think it will be as easy as declaring.....Trump is gone, let’s go back to normal.

The world no longer looks at the US as a bastion of security. Our foreign policy swings radically depending on which party is in power. No deal is safe. US will rip up any deal once a new party takes over.

Germany is more stable and Russia and China look to fill the power void left by the US
Very possible. The Trump years have given the other countries an opportunity to look at other options, and work more with each other.

An ugly stain in our history. Hopefully we can wash most of it out.