Who/What is "bdtex"?

I'm surprised that a mod can't give a straight answer on this. Don't mods know who/what bdtex is?

Here is a straight answer. Chances are, he is real. This string is stupid. I thought you were brighter than that but I may have been mistaken.

Why does USMB allow this thing to exist on its website?
It's on here? How would I know that? My personal system will not display 3rd party advertisements and some other content, unless I start turning things off, which I rarely do. We have one poster that posts stuff, where the only thing I see, is large white screen area the size of whatever he is posting, not a single word or dot showing. The only time I check his stuff is if there is a complaint about one of his posts, and then i have to turn some protections off, to investigate.

Ask admin. Maybe elchorizo can give you a better answer. I am not on that side of the board. I see a small tab for Amazon deals on top between chat and donate, and that's it. But wouldn't enter amazon from this or any other bulletin board on a bet, and I do significant business with Amazon. Heck, I like this place, but I like personal computer security better. It starts with keeping a clean machine, and knowing no link is on the internet without the purpose of making somebody money. I do not like sharing my clicks freely, being marketed to un-requested, nor being followed around the net with ads or having my email loaded up with junk. Homie don't play dat.
1706330208283.gif

Wondering how long it's going to take White6 to realize the OP is talking about a forum member......not spam emails :rolleyes:
OK. I get it. Have been on another thread with so damned Russian, but saw where she called me into a thread. Will handle in PM.

I keep getting "Thanks" alerts from this person/thing. Is it a person or a bot? I'm considering putting he/she/it on permanent ignore.

bdtex
He or she is a person, You are conversing with them on at least one thread. Apparently he/she likes your posts, and they've been around for 10+ years so it's unlikely they are a sock. Not sure why you would ignore them. They seem to be solidly in your corner. Mine too full disclosure. You can turn off notifications pretty easily if that's the issue..

He or she is a person, You are conversing with them on at least one thread. Apparently he/she likes your posts, and they've been around for 10+ years so it's unlikely they are a sock. Not sure why you would ignore them. They seem to be solidly in your corner. Mine too full disclosure. You can turn off notifications pretty easily if that's the issue..

Thanks for your feedback. Sounds like it's all good. All I ever care about was whether it was a real person - and not a bot. Now I know. Sometimes I get as many as 100-200 "Thanks" from him. Then I have to sort through them for the other posters. Problem solved. However, I do appreciate "Thanks".

Last edited:
I keep getting "Thanks" alerts from this person/thing. Is it a person or a bot? I'm considering putting he/she/it on permanent ignore.

bdtex
You just have to click on the name link you have on your post to get the complete info. His postings, how long he has been on this site etc.

Thanks for your feedback. Sounds like it's all good. All I ever care about was whether it was a real person - and not a bot. Now I know. Sometimes I get as many as 100-200 "Thanks" from him. Then I have to sort through them for the other posters. Problem solved. However, I do appreciate "Thanks".
There's your buddy cotex again

Forum List

Back