Why Bill Russell is the NBA GOAT

Cavs are the sixth seed in the East, ten games over .500, one game behind Boston and 5.5 games behind the number one seed Miami. Are you sure you are following the NBA this year?Pistons are 30 games under .500.
You know who so far has been a disappointment?

Zion Williamson

I thought he was going to be a mini shaq. Does he need to lose weight so he stops getting injured? So heavy he's getting hurt?

They could pass the lakers? Only 1 behind them.

You know who so far has been a disappointment?

Zion Williamson

I thought he was going to be a mini shaq. Does he need to lose weight so he stops getting injured? So heavy he's getting hurt?

They could pass the lakers? Only 1 behind them.
Zion is made of glass

Bad feet, reminds me of Greg Oden

Zion is made of glass

Who do you think is going to win this year?

This question is for everyone.

Also, which teams can you see winning in the future? Heat, 76, Bulls, Celtics? I can't believe the Heat have the best record in the east. I can't name one person on that team.

Is the East better than the west?

Suns, Grizzley, Jazz, Mavs, Nuggets, Clippers?

I'm not on top of who's in what place. I'm just paying attention to hope the Lakers don't make the playoffs, or the Nets. And if they do, get bounced early.

Are the bucks number one? Miami? Cavs? Boston? That's what I'm saying bro! I'm starting to pay attention and I love what I see. Started at the All Star Weekend when I saw a bunch of new guys I hadn't heard much about before like the center who won the three point shooting. There are some new players out west too who I'm just now paying attention to.

How about Jokic and Doncic? Wow!
I don't really pay much attention to the NBA until after March Madness, much more interesting to me and you don't have the big egos.

Gonzaga has a kid that is 18, 7 foot tall, can bring it up the court, block shots, rebound, shoot threes, hands off for assists, plays good D, has a nice inside touch and will one or two in the draft. He reminds me Dirk Nowitzski.

I don't really pay much attention to the NBA until after March Madness, much more interesting to me and you don't have the big egos.

Gonzaga has a kid that is 18, 7 foot tall, can bring it up the court, block shots, rebound, shoot threes, hands off for assists, plays good D, has a nice inside touch and will one or two in the draft. He reminds me Dirk Nowitzski.
I think my dad was talking about him. He said the guy was a center/power forward? 6'11 or is he legit 7 foot? I would love to put him with Cade Cunningham and have those two battling Embiid and Harden next year.

I think my dad was talking about him. He said the guy was a center/power forward? 6'11 or is he legit 7 foot? I would love to put him with Cade Cunningham and have those two battling Embiid and Harden next year.
Depending on where the teams wind up he could be a Piston. He is really skinny which is scary in the NBA but offensively he is a natural and his defense keeps improving, he could be a great player.

Depending on where the teams wind up he could be a Piston. He is really skinny which is scary in the NBA but offensively he is a natural and his defense keeps improving, he could be a great player.
I've been listening to Sportscenter all morning. So many new young talents around the league. I'm excited not just about this year's playoffs but also next year and the years after that. I'm so sick of Lebron, Curry, Brady. Mostly Lebron and Brady.

I hope Aaron Rogers comes back one more year just so I can see his face one more time when he fails. LOL. I know that MVP award didn't mean as much to him as one more championship. He wants to win.

On another note, that new series on HBO about the Lakers with Magic and Kareem is awesome. I guess Jerry West was such an asshole. They talked about how as a player he went to the finals something like 5 times in a row but each time the Celtics beat him. It really bothered him. He was a very angry man. he won the only title of his career

Dude, he looks like an evil Simpson's character.

1646681741533.png

I've been listening to Sportscenter all morning. So many new young talents around the league. I'm excited not just about this year's playoffs but also next year and the years after that. I'm so sick of Lebron, Curry, Brady. Mostly Lebron and Brady.

I hope Aaron Rogers comes back one more year just so I can see his face one more time when he fails. LOL. I know that MVP award didn't mean as much to him as one more championship. He wants to win.

On another note, that new series on HBO about the Lakers with Magic and Kareem is awesome. I guess Jerry West was such an asshole. They talked about how as a player he went to the finals something like 5 times in a row but each time the Celtics beat him. It really bothered him. He was a very angry man. he won the only title of his career

View attachment 612047
The entire Laker organization was always bitter during the Celtic Laker rivalry. They had one goal every season and it was to beat the Celtics. I'm not sure how much of the Laker show is built on truth or just entertainment. West was a genius when it came to basketball and putting together teams he was one of the best.

View attachment 612047
Jerry West was a great player
One of the most clutch of his era

They just couldn’t win in the finals

Zion is made of glass

Years ago, at ESPN awards show I believe, Oden was just drafted and was at the podium. Shaq was still playing sitting in the front row, and said "Oden, I will be waiting for you"! Never happened.

The entire Laker organization was always bitter during the Celtic Laker rivalry. They had one goal every season and it was to beat the Celtics. I'm not sure how much of the Laker show is built on truth or just entertainment. West was a genius when it came to basketball and putting together teams he was one of the best.

Let me know if anyone comes out and says the story isn't realistic. And don't listen to West's family if they object to hearing he was an asshole.

Based on the Bestselling book from sportswriter Jeff Pearlman draws from almost three hundred interviews to take the first full measure of the Lakers' epic Showtime era. A dazzling account of one of America's greatest sports sagas, Showtime is packed with indelible characters, vicious rivalries, and jaw-dropping, behind-the-scenes stories of the players' decadent Hollywood lifestyles. From the Showtime era's remarkable rise to its tragic end--marked by Magic Johnson's 1991 announcement that he had contracted HIV--Showtime is a gripping narrative of sports, celebrity, and 1980s-style excess.

West resigned as coach soon after Johnson was drafted, and in part because West wasn’t a huge believer in the hyped Michigan State shooter in the first place. Aside from West thinking he’s a showboat who’s too tall to play guard, he also questions Johnson’s unwavering smile.

Let me know if anyone comes out and says the story isn't realistic. And don't listen to West's family if they object to hearing he was an asshole.

Based on the Bestselling book from sportswriter Jeff Pearlman draws from almost three hundred interviews to take the first full measure of the Lakers' epic Showtime era. A dazzling account of one of America's greatest sports sagas, Showtime is packed with indelible characters, vicious rivalries, and jaw-dropping, behind-the-scenes stories of the players' decadent Hollywood lifestyles. From the Showtime era's remarkable rise to its tragic end--marked by Magic Johnson's 1991 announcement that he had contracted HIV--Showtime is a gripping narrative of sports, celebrity, and 1980s-style excess.

West resigned as coach soon after Johnson was drafted, and in part because West wasn’t a huge believer in the hyped Michigan State shooter in the first place. Aside from West thinking he’s a showboat who’s too tall to play guard, he also questions Johnson’s unwavering smile.
I didn't say he wasn't an asshole but most of the Lakers were. As coach West won over 58% of his games, when he became GM he put together 5 NBA Championships with the Lakers and an Executive of the Year Award. He was responsible for Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Divac, Van Exel and Cellballos all becoming Lakers. Jack Kent Cooke, the Lakers owner had a good grip on finding leaders, he moved West to GM, hired Joe Gibbs to coach his Redskins and Sparky Anderson.

West then went to the Memphis Grizzlies as the GM and turned the Grizz from losers to a consistent playoff team and won another Executive of the Year Award. He hired Hubie Brown and maximizing Jason Williams and Gasol. The he went to manage the Golden St. Warriors, where he was an advisor and won a championship there. Then onto the Clippers and helped bring in Leonard. to the Clips.

He maybe an asshole but he was a winner.

Well when it comes to "basketball history" and winning Chp., who else you gonna think of? Only The Bulls and San Antonio come close right now when it comes to winning NBA Chp.! Golden St.'s almost there! :D

Well when it comes to "basketball history" and winning Chp., who else you gonna think of? Only The Bulls and San Antonio come close right now when it comes to winning NBA Chp.! Golden St.'s almost there! :D
The Celtics have 17 just like the Lakers

GSW has 6 just like the Bulls. San Antonio only has 5.

Not how they are telling the story. Buss met with Red and Red was a dick. Laughed in Buss' face. Disrespected him. Buss told Red he realizes now what he has to do. Until then he was being nice and respectful. He said, "I have to cut your heart out and beat you to death with it". Red said, "good luck kid" End of episode 2. I can't wait to see what happens next. We all know the Lakers were the better team.

Boston won 1981, 1984, 1986
Lakers 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988

How did Philly sweep the Lakers in 1983? I want to see the 30 for 30 on that year.

Not how they are telling the story. Buss met with Red and Red was a dick. Laughed in Buss' face. Disrespected him. Buss told Red he realizes now what he has to do. Until then he was being nice and respectful. He said, "I have to cut your heart out and beat you to death with it". Red said, "good luck kid" End of episode 2. I can't wait to see what happens next. We all know the Lakers were the better team.

How did Philly sweep the Lakers in 1983? I want to see the 30 for 30 on that year.

The dominance centered around Moses Malone who was a force of nature back then! It was still Dr. J's team, but Malone was the missing element that put them over the top to defeat Boston and LAL! :beer: :stir::D

Red Auerbach was a dick, he'd light up his damn cigar after a win. Couldn't stand the Celts or the Lakers. The Lakers were around long before Buss, the Lakers were mostly on the losing end on the Celtic Laker rivalry. The Celtics own a 206-164 advantage over the Lakers in head to head games, head to head finals the Celtics own a 9-3 series advantage. They both have 17 championships. Most wins all time the Celtics lead 5924 wins and the Lakers have 5814. The Lakers have the percentage lead .594 to Boston's .590, the both trail the Spurs in this category they have a winning percentage of.611. Make no mistake though the Lakers were bitter, it took them 8 tries to beat the Celtics in the finals, 0-8 didn't sit will with any Laker, if it did, they wouldn't be a Laker.

The 76ers were loaded in 83, Malone, Erving, Cheeks, Toney and Jones. They won 65 games that season and went 12-1 in the NBA playoffs. Malone, Erving and Cheeks went to the Hall of Fame.

Red Auerbach was a dick, he'd light up his damn cigar after a win. Couldn't stand the Celts or the Lakers. The Lakers were around long before Buss, the Lakers were mostly on the losing end on the Celtic Laker rivalry. The Celtics own a 206-164 advantage over the Lakers in head to head games, head to head finals the Celtics own a 9-3 series advantage. They both have 17 championships. Most wins all time the Celtics lead 5924 wins and the Lakers have 5814. The Lakers have the percentage lead .594 to Boston's .590, the both trail the Spurs in this category they have a winning percentage of.611. Make no mistake though the Lakers were bitter, it took them 8 tries to beat the Celtics in the finals, 0-8 didn't sit will with any Laker, if it did, they wouldn't be a Laker.

The 76ers were loaded in 83, Malone, Erving, Cheeks, Toney and Jones. They won 65 games that season and went 12-1 in the NBA playoffs. Malone, Erving and Cheeks went to the Hall of Fame.
In this show I'm watching they make the Lakers seem like a losing franchise before Buss while Boston won all the time no doubt. Then Buss purchased the Lakers and during that rivalry, LA won 5. Boston won 3. Seems like Magic was the key.

Forum List

Back