Who is served first at the dinner table?

Who is served first at the dinner table?

• Total voters
Does the man of the house get served his meal before the children? Or do the kids get it served first?

I saw this question asked on facebook.

Assuming of course that no one starts until you sit down.

I will go with Dinner at my Grandparents house as an example, as thats the only time we still do a big sitdown dinner.

Most people serve themselves from what is in front, then pass around or serve people who pass the plates to them. The exceptions used to be grandma (when she was alive) and grandpa (who still is) who gets his plate passed to to everyone near the food, and we fix his plate for him.

So I guess its a hybrid seniority system.

your assumption is that a woman is serving all of you. why would you assume that?

I'm not assuming anything. In fact, you've just highlighted why Islam will take over the West.

that's quite the leap.... you asked if "The man of the house" should be served first or if the kids should be served first? who was doing that serving if "the man of the house" is sitting and the kids are sitting?

nice leap though....insane....delusional but nice leap.

and thanks for reminding us what misogynists rightwingnut twits are

Maybe there are women out there who actually PREFER to do the serving around the table.

I thought feminism was about choices, not about making everyone follow your own view of how to live life.

your assumption is that a woman is serving all of you. why would you assume that?

I'm not assuming anything. In fact, you've just highlighted why Islam will take over the West.

that's quite the leap.... you asked if "The man of the house" should be served first or if the kids should be served first? who was doing that serving if "the man of the house" is sitting and the kids are sitting?

what a moron, fucking leftist twat reads in and get offended

what a hack

As far as I'm concerned everyone gets their own plate and serves themselves then cleans up after them selves

That is the way it is done in our house.

Food is placed at the center of the table and you serve yourself. If something is out of reach, you ask someone to pass it.

When you are done eating, you take your plate, rinse it off and put it in the dishwasher

At my Grandparents house, I usually do the cooking, and cleaning is either my Mother or my Aunt.

what a hack

help Help, I'm being oppressed!!!

As far as I'm concerned everyone gets their own plate and serves themselves then cleans up after them selves

Food is placed at the center of the table and you serve yourself. If something is out of reach, you ask someone to pass it.

When you are done eating, you take your plate, rinse it off and put it in the dishwasher

How do you punish the offender who takes a too big a scoop of mashed potatoes? Public rebuke is used in our house.

How do you punish the offender who takes a too big a scoop of mashed potatoes? Public rebuke is used in our house.
depends

if he's leaving little for the rest, that's all he gets.

manners and courtesy are expected.

Generally something along the lines of "save some for everyone else"

However, we usually have enough for everyone to have seconds

Double helpings is why American people are fat.

Double helpings is why American people are fat.

We hold everyone responsible for their own portion size

Those on a diet take less

what a hack

quick. vacuum in the evening to show your defiance when your husband is trying to relax!

what a hack

quick. vacuum in the evening to show your defiance when your husband is trying to relax!

Better yet, do it during the football game

Maybe there are women out there who actually PREFER to do the serving around the table

I thought feminism was about choices, not about making everyone follow your own view of how to live life.
Like ALL women.

Does the man of the house get served his meal before the children? Or do the kids get it served first?

I saw this question asked on facebook.

Assuming of course that no one starts until you sit down.

I will go with Dinner at my Grandparents house as an example, as thats the only time we still do a big sitdown dinner.

Most people serve themselves from what is in front, then pass around or serve people who pass the plates to them. The exceptions used to be grandma (when she was alive) and grandpa (who still is) who gets his plate passed to to everyone near the food, and we fix his plate for him.

So I guess its a hybrid seniority system.
That food passing around the table is very American.

We ask for it here, but it goes across the table. It doesn't travels around it like that.

what a hack

Actually I do most of the vacuuming. I find it suits my OCD tendencies.

Must...get....last....dust....bunny...

what a hack

That'll teach his white privileged ass!

what a hack

Actually I do most of the vacuuming. I find it suits my OCD tendencies.

Must...get....last....dust....bunny...

Kind of like mowing the lawn....serves our inner Gump

Forum List

Back