Who is served first at the dinner table?

Who is served first at the dinner table?

• Total voters
what a moron, fucking leftist twat reads in and get offended

what a hack

help Help, I'm being oppressed!!!
quick. vacuum in the evening to show your defiance when your husband is trying to relax!

Better yet, do it during the football game

Actually I do most of the vacuuming. I find it suits my OCD tendencies.

Must...get....last....dust....bunny...

Kind of like mowing the lawn....serves our inner Gump

I also get bathroom cleaning duty because she think's its "icky".

Considering I work in wastewater treatment, it doesn't bother me all too much.

Sometimes we do buffet style and everyone will just get in line. Sometimes we just pass the food around. I never really paid much thought to who gets served first. As long as the food is good, I don't really care.
hungry_boy.gif

quick. vacuum in the evening to show your defiance when your husband is trying to relax!

I was an electrician in a manufacturing plant and had to work on everything with a wire on it including waste water across the street. Waste water people were friendly and had an easy job. They had their own shack with TV, easy chair, refrigerator, hot plate and microwave oven.

I was an electrician in a manufacturing plant and had to work on everything with a wire on it including waste water across the street. Waste water people were friendly and had an easy job. They had their own shack with TV, easy chair, refrigerator, hot plate and microwave oven.
What's waste water?

Sometimes we do buffet style and everyone will just get in line. Sometimes we just pass the food around. I never really paid much thought to who gets served first. As long as the food is good, I don't really care.
hungry_boy.gif

Agree......sit down, eat and enjoy

It doesn't take a long list of rules and protocols to enforce

I actually work on the design/construction side, but yes some plants the guys are only there if something goes wrong. But when they DO go wrong..... it's not pretty.

I actually work on the design/construction side, but yes some plants the guys are only there if something goes wrong. But when they DO go wrong..... it's not pretty.

Yes, they can go very wrong. The lift pumps in the pits would cause the first floor offices to flood when they quit pumping.

I'm not assuming anything. In fact, you've just highlighted why Islam will take over the West.

that's quite the leap.... you asked if "The man of the house" should be served first or if the kids should be served first? who was doing that serving if "the man of the house" is sitting and the kids are sitting?

nice leap though....insane....delusional but nice leap.

and thanks for reminding us what misogynists rightwingnut twits are
what a moron, fucking leftist twat reads in and get offended

what a hack

Rotters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg

Getting back on topic; at home mother or father cooked (dad was ethnic and a great cook) and mum always started the meal after it was served regardless. So we would all sit and wait for mum to be seated and then once she sat and commenced the meal it was a quiet meal. Little talking. Only ONCE did any of us kids say "I don't like this". Six forks diminished his plate to clean in less than three seconds. Last time I ever heard those words at our meal table.
...and no; the plate was not replenished. Simple rule: I cook, you eat.

Greg

This caught my eye as an interesting question because I have a friend who adheres to a quirky little thing.... Whenever I am invited over for dinner, he prepares the meals... He is the Master Chef of the family. His wife can't boil water... Whenever dinner is served... he calls his wife to fix her plate first.

In MY family, we always let the guests serve themselves first or we'd serve them first. But in his household, his wife comes before anyone else. Once she has fixed her plate, everyone else can serve themselves and he goes last. I have never questioned this custom but I've always found it a bit peculiar and kind of endearing in a way. It's sweet that he puts his wife above all others.

This caught my eye as an interesting question because I have a friend who adheres to a quirky little thing.... Whenever I am invited over for dinner, he prepares the meals... He is the Master Chef of the family. His wife can't boil water... Whenever dinner is served... he calls his wife to fix her plate first.

In MY family, we always let the guests serve themselves first or we'd serve them first. But in his household, his wife comes before anyone else. Once she has fixed her plate, everyone else can serve themselves and he goes last. I have never questioned this custom but I've always found it a bit peculiar and kind of endearing in a way. It's sweet that he puts his wife above all others.

I would consider that quite normal. My wife is an excellent cook but I do most of it. She always commences the meal.

Greg

nobody gets served. we normally fill our plates on the island where the food is prepared and take them to the table.

I do the majority of the cooking, basically because I'm far better at it and enjoy it. When things are ready I usually tell her to go ahead first, in the same way I'll get a door for her or whatever.

It's just a courtesy that I know she likes, although she's never said so outright. Doesn't cost me a dime and pleases her in a small way, so it's worth it....

I would consider that quite normal. My wife is an excellent cook but I do most of it. She always commences the meal.

Greg

What is the big deal with "who goes first"?

When the food is ready, eat it and enjoy it

Greg

What is the big deal with "who goes first"?

When the food is ready, eat it and enjoy it

I just knock everyone out of the way and then say I got mine, suckers! :lol:

Does the man of the house get served his meal before the children? Or do the kids get it served first?

I saw this question asked on facebook.

Assuming of course that no one starts until you sit down.
Who is doing the serving?

The way it's always worked at my family dinners is people serve themselves from the dish next to them and then pass to the right.

Does the man of the house get served his meal before the children? Or do the kids get it served first?

I saw this question asked on facebook.

Assuming of course that no one starts until you sit down.
Who is doing the serving?

The way it's always worked at my family dinners is people serve themselves from the dish next to them and then pass to the right.

I say, yo, pass that ova heeya, bitches.

Forum List

Back