Who is not being blamed for the Supreme Court Draft Opinion Leak? The Journalist.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
At least the journalist is not being blamed publicly. Because were else would we look to see the journalist being blamed, except the news, their fellow journalists. All of whom know without doubt that if they had been handed that confidential document, they would have published it. Their editors would think they were crazy if they even considered publishing it.

It seems that no one goes into journalism anymore to be a neutral finder and reporter of legitimate news that the people need to know. Journalists go into journalism to tell the people what the journalist wants the people to believe, not what they need to know.

Do the people need to know the details of negotiations among justices? Not in real time, they don't. it is harmful if we do know that, because it stifles the conversations among the legal minds, if they have to fear that their proposed draft opinions will be immediately released by politically charged office workers.

The president also needs to be able to consult and converse without fear that his conversations will be subject to congressional inquiry under pain of contempt of Congress.

Congress also should be able to conduct some closed door negotiations and I'm sure they do.

But, my point is that the leaker is being excoriated, and not defended by anyone as far as i know. I'm sure the left adores that person, but due to the backlash are keeping their feelings to themselves for once. But I don't even know who the journalists who broke the story is, so no one is talking about that person.

Unless it is Julian Assange....
that was different.jpg

At least the journalist is not being blamed publicly. Because were else would we look to see the journalist being blamed, except the news, their fellow journalists. All of whom know without doubt that if they had been handed that confidential document, they would have published it. Their editors would think they were crazy if they even considered publishing it.

It seems that no one goes into journalism anymore to be a neutral finder and reporter of legitimate news that the people need to know. Journalists go into journalism to tell the people what the journalist wants the people to believe, not what they need to know.

Do the people need to know the details of negotiations among justices? Not in real time, they don't. it is harmful if we do know that, because it stifles the conversations among the legal minds, if they have to fear that their proposed draft opinions will be immediately released by politically charged office workers.

The president also needs to be able to consult and converse without fear that his conversations will be subject to congressional inquiry under pain of contempt of Congress.

Congress also should be able to conduct some closed door negotiations and I'm sure they do.

But, my point is that the leaker is being excoriated, and not defended by anyone as far as i know. I'm sure the left adores that person, but due to the backlash are keeping their feelings to themselves for once. But I don't even know who the journalists who broke the story is, so no one is talking about that person.
The journalist didn’t leak it but simply reported on it. The document was not in their possession to leak. The leaker at the courts leaked it to the press.

If it was a Prog it was planned. They are not Democrats. The moving of the goal post rhetoric means nothing as we entered the stadium with an American Football game when we were a nation with borders, culture and language and now it is a Soccer game based on globalist visions.

You assume that the leak was not planned.
Planned or not in the long run it will work out for the gop.

If RvW is shot down the dems would have shot their wad months earlier than the end of June timeframe that it was supposed to come out. Given how the electorate has the memory of a housefly these days their priorities will have moved-on.

If, when the decision comes down and just reflects the "Mississippi Compromise" (as I think it might) and leaves RvW intact then the dems have nothing left other than to defend what amounts to infanticide which the majority of the nation rejects.

Forum List

Back