Who are your favorite stand up comedians?

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Off the top of my head, the ones that always made me laugh the most were (in no real order):

Richard Pryor
Bill Burr
Tom Segura
Ralphie May
Joey Diaz
Chris Porter
John Pinette
Jim Gaffigan
Kevin Nealon
Dana Carvey
Ari Shaffir
Bobby Lee
Dave Chapelle
Chris Rock
Burt Kreischer
Norm Macdonald
Russell Peters

Those are some of my favorites.

1. Bill Burr

Then...

Ellen DeGeneres
Louis Black
George Carlin
Jerry Seinfeld
Dennis Miller
... in no particular order

Bill Burr is my #1 working stand up comedian. Pryor is my all time #1. Aside from Seinfeld, none of the others on your list have ever made me laugh much. I respect Carlin for his free speech battles, but I never found him to be that funny honestly. I also like Larry David more than Seinfeld, but David isn’t really a stand up comedian.

Too many to name, but some of my favorites are Bill Burr, Patrice O'neal, Louis CK, Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Chris Rock, Bert Kreischer and Dan Soder.

1. Bill Burr

Then...

Ellen DeGeneres
Louis Black
George Carlin
Jerry Seinfeld
Rodney Dangerfield
Dennis Miller

... in no particular order
I like Ellen but have a hard time with her dry wit. The whole time Seinfeld was on air I didn't have a chance to watch his show, my loss. But last year, I started watching some DVDs of his show and standup. The guy is brilliant.

Off the top of my head, the ones that always made me laugh the most were (in no real order):

Richard Pryor
Bill Burr
Tom Segura
Ralphie May
Joey Diaz
Chris Porter
John Pinette
Jim Gaffigan
Kevin Nealon
Dana Carvey
Ari Shaffir
Bobby Lee
Dave Chapelle
Chris Rock
Burt Kreischer
Norm Macdonald
Russell Peters

Richard Pryor
Bill Burr
Tom Segura
Ralphie May
Joey Diaz
Chris Porter
John Pinette
Jim Gaffigan
Kevin Nealon
Dana Carvey
Ari Shaffir
Bobby Lee
Dave Chapelle
Chris Rock
Burt Kreischer
Norm Macdonald
Russell Peters

Never heard of these based on the thumbnails. I’ll check them out later since I’m in bed on my phone lol.

Bob Hope
Burns and Allen
Lenny Bruce
Bob Newhart
Gilda Radnor
Henny Youngman

I went through an obsessive phase with Lenny Bruce. I read one of his books, watched the movie Lenny, etc.

Also, I saw a live taping of then Tonight Show when Conan was briefly the host. Bob Newhart was one of the guests. He talked so quietly that I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I had to go home and check out the episode on TV to hear what he said lol.

Bob Hope
Burns and Allen
Lenny Bruce
Bob Newhart
Gilda Radnor
Henny Youngman

I went through an obsessive phase with Lenny Bruce. I read one of his books, watched the movie Lenny, etc.

Also, I saw a live taping of then Tonight Show when Conan was briefly the host. Bob Newhart was one of the guests. He talked so quietly that I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I had to go home and check out the episode on TV to hear what he said lol.

Bob is the quiet type, but his 'phone conversations' are hilarious

Richard Pryor
Bill Burr
Tom Segura
Ralphie May
Joey Diaz
Chris Porter
John Pinette
Jim Gaffigan
Kevin Nealon
Dana Carvey
Ari Shaffir
Bobby Lee
Dave Chapelle
Chris Rock
Burt Kreischer
Norm Macdonald
Russell Peters

A lot of them guys are doing their schtick lying down, permanently...So are they still stand up comedians?

Forum List

Back