Who are your favorite BLACK comedians?

One of my favorite Chris Rock lines...
[removed bcuz lag]

hilarious movie....
removed

This is why I like Chris Rock! He's the real deal!

Not a big fan of Martin Lawrence, he's alright, but..eh..

I bet SJWs could find something wrong with Chris Rock's act there but, I think he's just telling the truth! :auiqs.jpg:

"How to not get your ass beat by the police."

Last edited:
Mine are Bill Cosby, who WAS very funny once upon a time, Chris Rock, who I think is the funniest black comedian today, Jack Black, a very funny white guy, Lewis Black, another very funny white guy, and Governor Northam, in BLACKFACE. These are my five favorites, who are yours? I almost forgot Dave Chapelle, he would be my #6.

I don't have any anymore because they all became unfunny assholes.

iu

Behold the forlorn downtrodden fragile white American male in all his victimhood See you in church.

Another permutation of:
WATCH: Iranian pilgrims taunt coronavirus with ‘communal licking’ of religious shrines despite outbreak

Besides:
Trump Declares Himself “King of Israel,” the “Second Coming of God”

He is risen. He is risen indeed.

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? You are aware Bo Diddly was black, right? I liked Bo Diddly.
He invented the "Bo Diddly" just like Chuck Berry invented the "Chuck Berry". Bo Diddly's stuff is less known/influencing on others music, but it is something.

Mine are Bill Cosby, who WAS very funny once upon a time, Chris Rock, who I think is the funniest black comedian today, Jack Black, a very funny white guy, Lewis Black, another very funny white guy, and Governor Northam, in BLACKFACE. These are my five favorites, who are yours? I almost forgot Dave Chapelle, he would be my #6.

Redd Foxx... He was funny as hell...

He sure WAS. I've heard that his standup material was QUITE profane. I've never actually heard any of it, I keep planning on doing this, but keep forgetting to do so. I enjoyed his antics on Sanford and Son.

iu

Behold the forlorn downtrodden fragile white American male in all his victimhood See you in church.

Another permutation of:
WATCH: Iranian pilgrims taunt coronavirus with ‘communal licking’ of religious shrines despite outbreak

Besides:

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? You are aware Bo Diddly was black, right? I liked Bo Diddly.
He invented the "Bo Diddly" just like Chuck Berry invented the "Chuck Berry". Bo Diddly's stuff is less known/influencing on others music, but it is something.
Bo, the mentally challenged one, feels it is his duty to mock or put down ANYTHING I post. I've handed his ass to him MANY times on these threads, and it's HIS way of getting back at me. He really IS clueless when it comes to ANYTHING political. Poor little DUMB fella......

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

Bo, the mentally challenged one, feels it is his duty to mock or put down ANYTHING I post. I've handed his ass to him MANY times on these threads, and it's HIS way of getting back at me. He really IS clueless when it comes to ANYTHING political. Poor little DUMB fella......

You have made a mockery of yourself. All I did was notice and you melted into hissyfitting by proxy, can you still not move on?

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

Crackers like you have long attempted to claim some connection to the blues. Your "roots" are birdbath deep, stick to pitching your "bluesiness" to the ill-informed.

He sure WAS. I've heard that his standup material was QUITE profane. I've never actually heard any of it, I keep planning on doing this, but keep forgetting to do so. I enjoyed his antics on Sanford and Son.

You have to listen to his stand up material to really get how great he was. The man could make a racist jaw drop with some if his comments...

Him and Cosby were masters of their profession along with Flip Wilson...

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

Bo Diddley was great, and he was a big influence on The Rolling Stones, among others. On Quicksilver Messenger Service's second record Happy Trails the entire first side was a jam on Bo's song "Who Do You Love" and there was a six-minute version of Bo's song "Mona" on the second side.

Back in the day, I thought Bill Cosby was great, partly because his humor was mostly about being human rather than about being black. But that did NOT end well. A couple of others who I liked but I don't think were mentioned yet: Godfrey Cambridge and Nipsey Russell. And I'm sure some people here hate him, but Dick Gregory was great, both funny and important. Here's a quote from him: “Last time I was down South I walked into this restaurant, and this white waitress came up to me and said: 'We don't serve colored people here.' "I said: 'That's all right, I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken.”

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

Bo Diddley was great, and he was a big influence on The Rolling Stones, among others. On Quicksilver Messenger Service's second record Happy Trails the entire first side was a jam on Bo's song "Who Do You Love" and there was a six-minute version of Bo's song "Mona" on the second side.
Bo WAS great. He was a bigger influence on later artists than what he's usually given credit for. The Stones did a wonderful cover of his "Mona", which I've always liked. George Thorogood is a HUGE fan of Bo, he did the best cover of a Bo song I've heard, "Who Do You Love". Which I like even better than the original. George also covered "Ride On Josephine", which I really like. George was SUCH a fan of Bo Diddley, he featured Bo in the video to his song, "Bad To The Bone". It's a fun video where George and Bo shoot a game of pool. Thanks very much for your post.

Back in the day, I thought Bill Cosby was great, partly because his humor was mostly about being human rather than about being black. But that did NOT end well. A couple of others who I liked but I don't think were mentioned yet: Godfrey Cambridge and Nipsey Russell. And I'm sure some people here hate him, but Dick Gregory was great, both funny and important. Here's a quote from him: “Last time I was down South I walked into this restaurant, and this white waitress came up to me and said: 'We don't serve colored people here.' "I said: 'That's all right, I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken.”
All very funny men. Thanks for your post.

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

Bo WAS great. He was a bigger influence on later artists than what he's usually given credit for. The Stones did a wonderful cover of his "Mona", which I've always liked. George Thorogood is a HUGE fan of Bo, he did the best cover of a Bo song I've heard, "Who Do You Love". Which I like even better than the original. George also covered "Ride On Josephine", which I really like. George was SUCH a fan of Bo Diddley, he featured Bo in the video to his song, "Bad To The Bone". It's a fun video where George and Bo shoot a game of pool. Thanks very much for your post.
I'll look for that George Thorogood stuff. I haven't really heard that much of his music. Thanks! And yeah, the Stones did a really good version of "Mona." Another one you might not have heard: the Stones also did a version of Bo's "Cops and Robbers" on BBC Radio in about 1964, which has been bootlegged. You can hear it here:

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

And like hey, Bob Seger's "Hey Bo Didley", am I right?!?!? Oh man, and then when The Stones showed up at Muddy's gig on the southside, … and when Chuck Berry swung on Keith. Or like when Cropper helped Otis finish "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay". Cropper of course being guitarist of the famed Booker T and The MG's Stax Records house band in Mempis. Or like when The Stones insisted Howlin' Wolf tag along on an Ed Sullivan Show appearance.

You're welcome bluesboi

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

And like hey, Bob Seger's "Hey Bo Didley", am I right?!?!? Oh man, and then when The Stones showed up at Muddy's gig on the southside, … and when Chuck Berry swung on Keith. Or like when Cropper helped Otis finish "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay". Cropper of course being guitarist of the famed Booker T and The MG's Stax Records house band in Mempis. Or like when The Stones insisted Howlin' Wolf tag along on an Ed Sullivan Show appearance.

You're welcome bluesboi
Bo, I knew you had it in you to make a nice post. Thanks.

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

You're welcome bluesboi
Actually, the Stones got Howlin' Wolf onto Shindig, not The Ed Sullivan Show. But yeah, he was great!

iu

Another permutation of:

Besides:

You're welcome bluesboi
Actually, the Stones got Howlin' Wolf onto Shindig, not The Ed Sullivan Show. But yeah, he was great!

There ya, go, corrected, thanks!

Forum List

Back