Who are your favorite stand up comedians?

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Off the top of my head, I really like:

Bill Burr
Russell Peters
Joey Diaz
Tom Segura
Bert Kreischer
Richard Pryor
Chris Porter
Jim Gaffigan
Mitch Hedberg
Joe Rogan
Dave Chappelle
Chris Rock
Jimmy O. Yang
Bobby Lee
Aziz Ansari
Bernie Mac
Jerry Seinfeld
Jordan Peele
Keegan-Michael Key
Ari Shaffir

I know George Carlin and Louis C.K. get all the praise, but, to be honest, they've never really made me laugh in a stand up bit. Carlin and Louis C.K. are good in T.V. shows and movies, but they don't make me laugh in their stand up bits the way these others have.

Last edited:
Sam Kinison.

I need to watch his stuff. I know he gets a lot of praise, but he was someone I never got into. I've been meaning to watch his stuff.

Also, I finally watched a bunch of Ralphie May specials a bit after he died. He's hilarious. I knew him from a ton of podcasts, but I had never watched his specials until he died.

I know George Carlin and Louis C.K. get all the praise, but, to be honest, they've never really made me laugh.
I can't remember Carlin ever making me laugh. And C.K. is just lame. Samantha Bee is terrible.

I do like Louis Black and Chris Rock. .... :cool:

I do respect Carlin for fighting the FCC on censorship, but I respect him more than I find him to be funny. I also love Larry David, but more for his writing and acting than his stand up.

Bob Newhart

I have a story about Bob Newhart. My sister and one of my best friends and I actually saw Bob Newhart during a live taping of The Tonight Show back when Conan O'Brien was the host.

Bob Newhart was one of the guests. However, he was soooooo quiet and kind of mumbled, so we had no idea what he was saying. I had to watch the clip on YouTube later to find out what the hell he said lol. Funny guy though.

Katt Williams
George Carlin
Sam Kinison.
Billy Crystal
Dana Carvey
Dave Chapelle

Dana Carvey is awesome. I forgot about him. I haven't seen much of Crystal's stand up, but he's been in a lot of good movies.

I have a really good friend I met at when I was doing "open mike" night at the Funny Bone in Arlington (Gene McGuire) back in the early 90's. He did some gigs at some comedy club in L.A. Billy Crystal and his brother was there and after the show when it was just those three? Gene said that Billy and his brother were cranking out the jokes and that he had never laughed so hard in his life. He said those two live to make people laugh. Gene and me were born on the same day and we remain good friends to this day. He does Defensive Comedy Driving classes in Dallas and writes jokes for other comedians. The road really got to him and he is a "12 Stepper" and doing really well. We stay in touch.....good, good guy with a ton of stories. LOL!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back