Who am I and the Missing Piece

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
The age-old question that surfaces in our teen years is, “Who am I?” It seems like a large segment of society is telling our teens they can discover the answer to this question by studying their genitals—or to be more polite, their biology.

One’s body cannot inform anyone of who they are. The body keeps changing, yet while this is happening, the essential ‘us’ remains pretty much the same. Should we study the mind? Our knowledge and memories grow, yet the essential ‘us’ still remains pretty much as is.

Can it be our young people are thirsting for education to teach them about the philosophy of the spirit? There are transgenders are starting to speak out against making such drastic changes to one’s body.

Is the missing piece in our system of education neglecting to teach philosophy of body, mind, and spirit?

I had a convict one day out on the rec yard tell me he needed to go to see the captain. I asked if he had a pass and he said no. So, I told him that unless he had a pass he couldn't go. He got upset and asked me if I had any idea who he was. I pretended to key my radio and spoke into it, "Medical, we have an offender on the yard that does not know who he is." All the other cons started laughing at him. Mission accomplished.

I had a convict one day out on the rec yard tell me he needed to go to see the captain. I asked if he had a pass and he said no. So, I told him that unless he had a pass he couldn't go. He got upset and asked me if I had any idea who he was. I pretended to key my radio and spoke into it, "Medical, we have an offender on the yard that does not know who he is." All the other cons started laughing at him. Mission accomplished.
:)

I would like our young people to be confident they are who they are. No one should be causing them to doubt biological truths about themselves.

Someone once observed, We are not physical beings seeking a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a physical life.

Jesus noted that in heaven we do not marry, nor are we given in marriage. I wonder if this indicates sexuality/biology is a physical experience which isn't much in play in the spiritual world.

Forum List

Back