Was Jonah Dead and Resurrected?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Or did he survive for the three days like in the Pinocchio story where Geppetto is alive inside Monstro?

Or did he survive for the three days like in the Pinocchio story where Geppetto is alive inside Monstro?

Well..for sure he had some serious bad luck! Story says he was swallowed by a big fish...the biggest fish people know are whales..so it became a whale.

1653525097650.png

Whales aren't fish. Just sayin'.
LOL..tis true..however, in this case..is an understandable conflation. Fun facts...a Sperm whale COULD swallow a human...but after the mangling through the throat and the instant immersion into acid...not likely to return to tell the story!

I know what you're talking about but still,.. 0____o
In truth, you're the one who brought up the whole whale thing...the bible does say fish. I imagine to a primitive sort..if it swims..it's a fish.

Seems an odd topic to bring to the religion forum....perhaps I missed the point?

In Biblical times..water was dangerous to drink, wine safer by far. Was turning water into wine a metaphor for cleansing..making safe, as it were--or was it a endorsement to drunken idiots?

...Or....in the desert water is precious--so by turning it into wine did Jesus take advantage..trading lesser for greater?

Anyway..my point is that anyone can make up anything and roll with it--it means nothing. People with belief influence the universe. if you doubt that..i suggest some research into the Quantum universe.

Enough people believe in God they create him/her/it.

Since Christ is the first fruits of the resurrection and Jonah came before Christ, then no, Jonah was not resurrected.

Jesus Christ believe that Jonah was a real person and compared his death and resurrection to Jonah's being in the belly of the whale for 3 days and 3 nights.

Matthew 12:39–41
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Here Jesus considers Jonas to both a prophet and that he actually was in the belly of a whale for three days and three nights.

Luke 11:29–30
29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.
30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

Apparently Jesus did not view Jonas as a fictious character.

Forum List

Back