White Racism did Not End When Slavery ended

Real evidence of anti-white bias in the workplace is extraordinarily rare.

3 questions
  1. What was the company or government agency, or contractor to which you had applied for a position or contract, which you believe discriminated against you?
  2. When did you apply for this job or contract?
  3. Who was hired or given the contract ahead of you, and what evidence do you have that they were less qualified, objectively than you for the position ?

1) I'm not going to disclose personal information. It was a private manufacturing company.
2) I was brought on as a contractor (temp) in 2017, and applied for a full time position in 2018. I did not get the job, but Ms. Affirmative Action did. Pretty much the whole team hated her after a few months as they ended up doing her work, while she shopped on Amazon all day.

3) How do I know I was more qualified? Because I had 35 years of experience in supply chain compared to her 10. Also, because I had a proven record of improving processes during the six months I worked as a temp.
Because she kept leaning over into my cubicle asking me how to do stuff, and I was the only guy nice enough to keeping answering her questions after the rest of the team got sick of her nonsense.

And you ignore that at every turn, your hard work has been met with access to an opportunity structure to which most blk ppl are denied similar access. Privilege, to whites, is like water to the fish: invisible precisely because u cannot imagine life without it.

Sorry, man, don't buy it. Most of what I have I worked for and earned. I didn't sit around waiting for a fat government check.

Of course you did. Because the larger opportunity structure that has skewed power and resources in whites direction. That's why Blacks who wish to avoid whites in their neighborhoods will typically find themselves limited to the poorest, most crowded areas of town (places whites long ago abandoned) since finding Caucasian-free zones in more prosperous suburbs can be a tough task.

Again- the neighborhood my grandfather moved into when he immigrated here from Germany wasn't abandoned, it changed. Grandpa didn't move until he found a thug in his kitchen at 2 AM. (That thug was lucky he didn't get shot. Grandpa served in the Kaiser's army in WWI.)

We subsequently rented the place, and it got trashed by every set of tenants that were in there.

I'm old enough to remember the riots of 68, when my Dad was concerned that the riots might spill over into our neighborhood.

But whites can more or less live wherever they wish with the help of mortgage discrimination, redlining, zoning laws and so-called “market forces” pricing many blacks out of the better housing markets (even though whites only got into those markets because of government subsidies and preferences, both private and public).

Redlining and zoning were outlawed in the 1970's. There are neighborhoods I can't afford to live in, what's your point?

Through the history of this country whites have an insurmountable lead when it comes to killing blacks.

What I know about the "thriving"Europen slave trade in Africa was that there were about 1 million whites slaves as compared to over 12 million blacks enslaved by whites.

I know all about the African role in the slave trade and the way whites like you describe it is not how it happened.

WHITES BOUGHT THE SLAVES! UNDERSTAND? AND WHITES ARMED TRIBES TO START WARS TO BUY THE CAPTIVES! EVEN IF WE GO BY YOUR STORY WHITES BOUGHT THE SLAVES! THEY WERE NOT FORCED TO DO SO!

So take that responsibility you guys tell everybody else to.
You blame white drug and gun dealers when blacks buy the drugs and guns.

JoeB131
Uh, no. Floyd was a career criminal, not just a slightly flawed one. He was in the process of committing MULTIPLE crimes when arrested. Had he not died, he would have been charged with passing counterfeit money, drug possession, and resisting arrest. Dying probably saved his life (That's sarcasm, before you have one of your meltdowns!) Prior to that, he had been charged 9 times in criminal cases, involved in assaults and armed robberies.

You are just repeating what you have already said. I read what you had to say about Floyd the first time. I've told you if you carry just repeating your points over and over and over again. I'll simply ignore you and not respond because your getting into trolling territory.

You are trying to smear his Floyds character to justify why you think he deserved to die or his death shouldn't be a big thing. I get it. OK ? Are we clear on that ? OK. Cool

I'm just glad people across the world didn't fall for your white supremacist victim blaming

.@JoeB131
You mean after everyone in her life refused to post her bond because she had stiffed them on previous occassions where she skipped bail? Yeah, that would probably be depressing.

So you know the personal relationships Sandra Bland had with her family and friends now ? And if a black person is murdered (or suspected of being murdered) do they now have to had close family relationships to get justice ?

giphy.gif

JoeB131
Maybe because they don't have the kinds of protocols for a traffic offender that they have for murderers.

This is very simple - prove how she died, and prove nobody went in her cell to harm her. So far we are missing the most important video footage. The fact that they have released everything but the most relevant footage is pretty much an admission of guilt.

JoeB131
Not at all. Encinia deserved to be fired for exceeding his authority.

Notice this white men stays on code with his white brothers. Never talks about punishment. And why did Brian Encinia quickly delete his Facebook so quickly after Bland died ? And I'm pretty sure the people at Facebook or some tech geeks could retrieve all the racist stuff he was posting and the white supremacists he was a member of. But no. They all stay on code.

JoeB131
But this woman killed herself

And I guess another black man (Evan Lyndell Parker) who was also found hanged in the same jail as Sandra Bland also killed himself too. right ? Nothing suspicious or coincidental about that too. Right ?

JoeB131
Uh, you have an agreement with your employer. If your employer isn't living up to his end of that agreement, then you can sue him or quit.

Yeah a black man going to court, suing the boss of the firm he worked for, trying to get another white man to punish his former boss ? Yeah good luck with that

JoeB131
On the other hand, if you get mugged by a thug, you didn't really have a say in that

And what's being mugged got to do with black people ?

JoeB131
Okay, except one of them was killed by police, and the other has been sentenced to death. So I don't think getting a favorable picture on a magazine really makes up for a dead brother and an impending death sentence.

So he and they should be. Not gonna give police credit for doing they're supposed to do

Last edited:
I'm just glad people across the world didn't fall for your white supremacist victim blaming

Yes, the French are always happy to have an America Sucks Party. I'm so glad my dad helped liberate them from the Germans.

You are just repeating what you have already said. I read what you had to say about Floyd the first time. I've told you if you carry just repeating your points over and over and over again. I'll simply ignore you and not respond because your getting into trolling territory.

You are trying to smear his Floyds character to justify why you think he deserved to die or his death shouldn't be a big thing. I get it. OK ? Are we clear on that ? OK. Cool

George Floyd didn't have any character. He was a career criminal who created the situation that resulted in his death. THere were half a dozen decisions he could have made THAT DAY to avoid being killed.

So you know the personal relationships Sandra Bland had with her family and friends now ? And does a black person have to have close family relationships now to make a legitimate claim for being murdered ?

Actually, it's a matter of public record that no one was putting up her bail. Oh, yeah, and she owed close to $8000.00 in unpaid fines for other traffic and criminal violations. Another model citizen.

This is very simple - prove how she died, and prove nobody went in her cell to harm her. So far we are missing the most important video footage. The fact that they have released everything but the most relevant footage is pretty much an admission of guilt.

Um, you don't seem to understand how evidence works. You have to prove that someone killed her, you know, witnesses, forensic evidence, something... anything.

Notice this white men stays on code with his white brothers. Never talks about punishment. And why did Brian Encinia quickly delete his Facebook so quickly after Bland died ? And I'm pretty sure the people at Facebook or some tech geeks could retrieve all the racist stuff he was posting and the white supremacists he was a member of. But no. They all stay on code.

Encinio was punished. He lost his job and can never work in law enforcement again. All for dealing with a mentally ill woman harshly.

And I guess another black man (van ELyndell Parker) who was also found hanged in the same jail as Sandra Bland also killed himself too. right ? Nothing suspicious or coincidental about that too. Right ?

YOu mean the guy who murdered a co-worker and led the police on a manhunt?

Yeah a black man going to court, suing the boss of the firm he worked for, trying to get another white man to punish his former boss ? Yeah good luck with that

You've obviously never been involved with litigation.

And what's being mugged got to do with black people ?

Do you not pay attention to your own fucking arguments? Your argument was that we shouldn't be upset about black robbery because white wage theft is worse.

So he and they should be. Not gonna give police credit for doing they're supposed to do

Okay, but you were arguing that he got some kind of special treatment because he was on the cover of Rolling stone and I guess Rosa Parks wasn't?

JoeB131
IM and Paul blame white people for everything... that way, they don't have to take any responsibility.

It's not that me or IM2 see racism in everything. It's that you and others in here see racism in nothing.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
JoeB131
Do you not pay attention to your own fucking arguments? Your argument was that we shouldn't be upset about black robbery because white wage theft is worse.

What are you upset about it for ? White people make sure they live as far away from blk ppl as possible and wage theft is worse.

JoeB131
Actually, it's a matter of public record that no one was putting up her bail. Oh, yeah, and she owed close to $8000.00 in unpaid fines for other traffic and criminal violations. Another model citizen.

If a black person is murdered (or suspected of being murdered) do they now have to had close family relationships to get justice and be debt free ?

JoeB131
George Floyd didn't have any character. He was a career criminal who created the situation that resulted in his death. THere were half a dozen decisions he could have made THAT DAY to avoid being killed.

Whatever Floyd may have done in his life had no bearing on the encounter he was having at the moment with the officer Chauvin.

All that matters, or should, is what was Floyd doing at that moment, and whether it endangered the life of the officer Chauvin or another person.

If the Floyds actions did truly endanger the officer’s life or that of another person, then we needn’t look into other sh*t he's done, that genuine risk would be enough under any rational assessment of self-defense. But if such danger were not present, nothing in the dead person’s background could justify their demise.

We do not operate a system of perpetual punishment for past offenses. We arrest, we prosecute, and we release convicted peoples from their terms of punishment once completed.

Why is that so hard to understand ?

JoeB131
Okay, but you were arguing that he got some kind of special treatment because he was on the cover of Rolling stone and I guess Rosa Parks wasn't?

A black person who done the same thing ain't getting no Rolling Stone cover and whites get smacks on the wrist all the time.

1656165921231.png

And let's be clear. This guy raped multiple women, one was a pastors daughter and another rape victim died.

Please show me one case where a black person raped multiple women didn’t have to spend a day in prison or register as a sex offender.

I’ll wait.

JoeB131

My question was not to justify what he did.

My question is - What are the odds of a second suicide taking place in the same jail let alone the same cell? At least 178 people have committed suicide in jail since 2011. 178. That’s about 22 suicides each year in America’s more than 5,944 jails and prisons. Meaning there’s a 0.37 percent chance of a suicide happening at any one institution. The stats make this man’s death actually being a suicide hard to swallow.

JoeB131

What are you upset about it for ? White people make sure they live as far away from blk ppl as possible and wage theft is worse.

JoeB131

If a black person is murdered (or suspected of being murdered) do they now have to had close family relationships to get justice and be debt free ?

JoeB131

Whatever Floyd may have done in his life had no bearing on the encounter he was having at the moment with the officer Chauvin.

All that matters, or should, is what was Floyd doing at that moment, and whether it endangered the life of the officer Chauvin or another person.

If the Floyds actions did truly endanger the officer’s life or that of another person, then we needn’t look into other sh*t he's done, that genuine risk would be enough under any rational assessment of self-defense. But if such danger were not present, nothing in the dead person’s background could justify their demise.

We do not operate a system of perpetual punishment for past offenses. We arrest, we prosecute, and we release convicted peoples from their terms of punishment once completed.

JoeB131

A black person who done the same thing ain't getting no Rolling Stone cover and whites get smacks on the wrist all the time.

View attachment 662135

And let's be clear. This guy raped multiple women, one was a pastors daughter and another rape victim died.

Please show me one case where a black person raped multiple women didn’t have to spend a day in prison or register as a sex offender.

I’ll wait.

JoeB131

My question is - What are the odds of a second suicide taking place in the same jail let alone the same cell? At least 178 people have committed suicide in jail since 2011. 178. That’s about 22 suicides each year in America’s more than 5,944 jails and prisons. Meaning there’s a 0.37 percent chance of a suicide happening at any one institution. The stats make this man’s death actually being a suicide hard to swallow.
The odds are far worse for someone winning any lottery, but people win every week somewhere. Odds are just probabilities, not iron-clad guarantees.

I worry when anyone if the victim of crime. I've been a victim of a few times.

I think that was a question you would have to ask her family, not me. If my idiot brother got arrested, I wouldn't leave him to rot in jail for a weekend to "teach him a lesson".

Now, I can empathize. She wasn't well in her head and this wasn't the first time she had gotten into trouble. But if her own family couldn't anticipate she'd off herself, why should total strangers at a jail?

Um, no, he had an encounter with Office Chauvin because he wasn't complying with Officers Kueng and Lane, and they called for backup.

Okay, fair enough. But doesn't excuse him for creating the situation to start with.

Except no one said it did. We just said he doesn't merit THIS shit.

1656179154347.png

Oh, please! You think a cop should approach an elderly grandmother the way he would approach a multiple time felon?

AZ answered this much better than I could. Just because something is improbable doesn't make it impossible. Both of these suicides were investigated.

The odds are far worse for someone winning any lottery, but people win every week somewhere. Odds are just probabilities, not iron-clad guarantees.

Shhh... Paul is doing the Louis Farrakhan Million Man Math.

It's not that me or @IM2 see racism in everything. It's that you and others in here see racism in nothing.

More like, we see it where it is. Someone uses the N-word regularly, yup, that person is a racist.

Someone sees that problems in the black community are largely self-inflicted, and you don't want to hear that, that's not racist.

Happy to have cleared that up for you.

Educate yourself.

About 0.7 percent of rapes and attempted rapes end with a felony conviction for the perpetrator, according to an estimate based on the best of the imperfect measures available.

Less than a third of rape incidents are reported to the police, according to an analysis by the nonprofit advocacy group RAINN (the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network), which combined Justice Department National Crime Victimization Surveys from 2010 to 2014 with other federal data to track what happened to perpetrators.

Just 5.7 percent of incidents end in arrest, 0.7 percent result in a felony conviction and 0.6 percent result in incarceration, RAINN found.

And what’s the chance of two ppl in the same family winning the lottery ?

Anyway got sh*t 2 do, b back later knocking down JoeB131 points when I’ve finished

It’s like beating zombies with JoeB131 meaning no matter how many you slap down, they still keep coming

Last edited:
  • Funny
And what’s the chance of two ppl in the same family winning the lottery ?

Anyway got sh*t 2 do, b back later knocking down @JoeB131 points when I’ve finished

It’s like beating zombies with @JoeB131 meaning no matter how many you slap down, they still keep coming lol

Funny that...

Africans sold the slaves! Understand? They grew rich selling black slaves!​

Can we agree that black people have loved slavery as much as whites, but they lacked the technology, in certain periods, to enslave whites?

Don’t you see you are a dupe? The Democrat establishment hates you more than anything. They want you to hate working class white folk. Divide et impera.

The problem with what you're trying to say is that Africans did not travel to Europe with caravans of slaves to sell to whites. So, your opinion is disgenuous. In fact, it's dishonest.

The difference between the tribal wars in Africa and the wars in the outside world was that, in the outside world, the conquered were often butchered (due in part to the highly sophisticated weapons of war used) whereas the conquered in Africa (excluding Arabs/Muslims in the north) became part of the conqueror. In other words, while no enemy was left standing in the outside world, the conquered enemies were left to live and serve in Africa.

So it is true there were some "slaves" in Africa in those days before the white man came. However, those "slaves" were not taken purposely to become "slaves" of another kingdom or empire. They were just victims of tribal wars and it was somehow "better" than what was happening in the outside world where no enemy was allowed to live.

In continuation, please note that there were 2 types of slave trading in Africa. The one introduced mostly by the coming of Islam through the Arab raiders and traders from the Middle East and North Africa or the Trans-Saharan slave trade and the one introduced by the coming of the Europeans or the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade (the one I am talking about). The Trans-Saharan Slave Trade is deeply rooted in the Islamic cultures of several countries in the North (especially in the Maghreb region or the "Berber world") and still practiced although "silently" by Muslim-dominant countries such as Mauritania and Libya.

When the white strangers first came to Africa, We (my ancestors) were not sure about their intentions so most communities drove them away from their land. However, the white strangers managed to convince some of our traditional rulers that they had not come to cause any harm but just to preach the good news (the Bible) and also to trade with the local people. It was barter trading where goods were exchanged for goods. My country Ghana was called "Gold Coast" because gold was in abundance. Although my ancestors valued gold as a precious metal, the white strangers valued it more as a precious mineral worth more than blood in some cases. In other words, my ancestors had the gold and the white strangers needed the gold and had to trade things like bottles of wine, clothing and textiles, guns and ammunitions, etc. for pieces of gold. That was how the "trade" started.

The white strangers did not understand the local language and the local people did not understand a word the white strangers were saying so it made communication very difficult. To help break the language barrier, the white strangers went to the local rulers and asked the local rulers to give them some of the local people to train so they could speak the foreign language which would make communication easier but none of those local rulers were ready to give their people out to go stay with strangers.

Later on, some of the local rulers came up with an idea that, instead of killing those criminals, they could actually give those criminals to the white strangers so the white strangers could preach the good news they said they came to preach to those criminals, change them into good people and also train them in the foreign language in order to aid communication which was better than killing those criminals. So the traditional rulers gave those criminals out to the white strangers and to show appreciation, those white strangers gave gifts like textiles, bottles of wine, mirrors, etc. to the traditional rulers. That was how the white strangers got their first "local servers."

Those local people (the criminals) lived and served the white strangers in the castles and forts and learned the foreign language which enabled them to serve as mediators translating the local language for the white strangers and the foreign language to the local people. This helped a lot in communication.

As I mentioned earlier on, those local servers living with the white strangers were the criminals in the society and although they served as mediators and made communication a whole lot easier, they also made life a living hell for the local people (some as a form of revenge). For example, when the white strangers sent them to go collect taxes (lets say 5 pieces of gold), those criminals added their own taxes and made it 8 pieces of gold. At times too, they mis-translated just so they could get more power. Some of those criminals even became more powerful than the traditional rulers. In other words, the white strangers, after preaching the good news to those criminals, turned them into even far more dangerous monsters than they were before. Why? Because only the white man had guns at that time and they shot anyone the criminals considered "criminals."

Those criminals were the few "Africans" who helped the white strangers to get more slaves.

Those local people living with the white strangers served and "worshiped" them so well to the point where the white strangers began asking for more. Because of the benefits they derived from those local servers, some of the white strangers took some local servers with them on their return home. Back home (abroad), they found those local servers (the black men from Africa) very useful and decided to come back for more. They realized they could use them to work on their plantation farms back home to make more money. They also realized they could sell some of those 'local servers' to their friends and countrymen and make more money and that was why most of them (the white strangers but this time around slave traders) returned with the intention of picking more local servers (this time around, slaves).

So they returned for slaves but no local ruler was ready to give their people out except those criminals

In my country for example, the Ashantis and those living in the interior parts of the country did not want to have anything to do with the white strangers. In fact, the first white stranger that set foot on the Ashanti empire did not return.

However, the white strangers needed slaves and more slaves but there was no easy way of getting slaves in Africa. So what they did was that, they created confusion among the various tribes so that there would be more tribal wars and more war prisoners so they could get more "slaves" and that was exactly what they did.

Before the white man came to Africa, tribal wars were mostly fought with swords, spears, bows and arrows. Although these weapons were lethal they were nowhere near as quick and fatal as the gun. The problem here was that, only the white strangers had guns and decided which tribal group to support in times of battle. Any tribal group the white strangers supported with their powerful cannons, guns and ammunitions, easily conquered their enemies. This also created another major problem. The white strangers did not support any tribal group for free. In fact, the white strangers started demanding taxes (which included pieces of gold and prisoners of war) and total submission after victory. Any tribal group or community which failed to submit to the Europeans and pay taxes were wiped out. Sometimes the leaders of those communities were executed publicly as a form of warning to neighboring communities. Most communities in Africa were turned into concentration camps with European authorities in place.

The Schomburg Center for the Research of Black Culture has excellent information about the African slave trade that provides a stark contrast between what happened and what some use as an excuse to discount the experiences of blacks in America. The website is named “The Abolition of the Slave Trade-African Resistance. The information contained in this collection debunks the race baited tales presented by some in America today.

“Africans started to fight the transatlantic slave trade as soon as it began. Their struggles were multifaceted and covered four continents over four centuries. Still, they have often been underestimated, overlooked, or forgotten. African resistance was reported in European sources only when it concerned attacks on slave ships and company barracoons, but acts of resistance also took place far from the coast and thus escaped the slavers’ attention. To discover them, oral history, archaeology, and autobiographies and biographies of African victims of the slave trade have to be probed. Taken together, these various sources offer a detailed image of the varied strategies Africans used to defend themselves from and mount attacks against the slave trade.

The Africans’ resistance continued in the Americas. They ran away, established maroon communities, used sabotage, conspired, and rose against those who held them in captivity. Freed people petitioned the authorities, led information campaigns, and worked actively to abolish the slave trade and slavery.

In Europe, black abolitionists launched or participated in civic movements to end the deportation and enslavement of Africans. They too delivered speeches, provided information, wrote newspaper articles and books. Using violent as well as nonviolent means, Africans in Africa, the Americas, and Europe were constantly involved in the fight against the slave trade and slavery.”

Africa’s role in the slave trade as told by a segment of white society is incomplete and lacking in fact. It was not so simple as blacks capturing each other and selling them to whites. Europeans did not just waltz into Africa and overwhelm a bunch of backward, naked, dumb savages. They were in a fight for 400 years. Many Europeans entered Africa, and Africa ended up being their final resting place.

“Some leaders actively worked against the transatlantic slave trade. One of the most famous was Abdel Kader Kane, the Muslim leader of the Futa Toro region in northern Senegal. Kane had succeeded in peopling his kingdom by retaking by force his people who had been kidnapped and by forbidding slave caravans from passing through his territory. After the French took three children from Futa, Kane sent a letter to the governor:

“We are warning you that all those who will come to our land to trade [in slaves] will be killed and massacred if you do not send our children back. Would not somebody who was very hungry abstain from eating if he had to eat something cooked with his blood? We absolutely do not want you to buy Muslims under any circumstances. I repeat that if your intention is to always buy Muslims you should stay home and not come to our country anymore. Because all those who will come can be assured that they will lose their life.”

We get told stories about the shackles and chains, but not really why they were necessary. It is just “you sold your own into balls and chains.” But things just did not happen as some have chosen to believe.

“As the slave trade expanded, resistance to it grew as well, and the need for shackles, guns, ropes, chains, iron balls, and whips tells an eloquent story of continuous and violent struggle from the hinterland to the high seas. As one slave trader remarked:

For the security and safekeeping of the slaves on board or on shore in the African barracoons, chains, leg irons, handcuffs, and strong houses are used. I would remark that this also is one of the forcible necessities resorted to for the preservation of the order, and as recourse against the dangerous consequences of this traffic.”

“Wherever possible, such as in Saint-Louis and Gorée (Senegal), James (Gambia), and Bance (Sierra Leone), the Europeans' barracoons were located on islands, which made escapes and attacks more difficult. In some areas, as soon as local people approached the boats, the crew is ordered to take up arms, the cannons are aimed, and the fuses are lighted . . . One must, without any hesitation, shoot at them and not spare them. The loss of the vessel and the life of the crew are at stake.”

“The heavily fortified forts and barracoons attest to the Europeans' distrust and apprehension. They had to protect themselves, as Jean-Baptiste Durand of the Compagnie du Sénégal explained, from the foreign vessels and from the Negroes living in the country."

“These precautions notwithstanding, in the eighteenth century, Fort Saint-Joseph on the Senegal River was attacked and all commerce was interrupted for six years. Several conspiracies and actual revolts by captives erupted on Gorée Island and resulted in the death of the governor and several soldiers. In addition, the crews of quite a few slave ships were killed on the River Gambia; in Sierra Leone, people sacked the captives' quarters of the infamous trader John Ormond. Similar incidents occurred in other parts of the African coast. Written records document how Africans on shore attacked more than a hundred ships.

Some Western slavers maintained occult centers in their barracoons, staffed by men they paid to work on the captives, sometimes with medicinal plants. The objective was to kill any spirit of rebellion, to tame the detainees, and make them accept their fate. The existence of these centers shows the extent of the precautions taken by slavers to prevent rebellions on land and during the Middle Passage: shackles and guns controlled the body, while the spirit was broken.

But revolts on slave ships, although extremely difficult to organize and conduct, were numerous. About 420 revolts have been documented in slavers' papers, and they do not represent the totality. It is estimated that 100,000 Africans died in uprisings on the coast or during the Middle Passage. The fear of revolts resulted in additional costs for the slavers: larger crews, heavy weapons, and barricades. About 18 percent of the costs of the Middle Passage were incurred due to measures to thwart uprisings, and the captives who rose up saved, according to estimates, one million Africans from deportation by driving up the slavers' expenses.”

Africans did NOT sell their own people into slavery
, Africans did NOT sell their own people into slavery

Schomburg Center for the Research of Black Culture “The Abolition of the Slave Trade-African Resistance.” Home - The Abolition of The Slave Trade

Africans could have had as many slaves for sale as they wanted but for slaves to have come to America whites had to make slavery legal here and they had to buy the slaves. There is no slavery here without whites buying them. No matter how hard you try to blame Africans if whites had not bought the slaves there is no slave trade.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”
breed.

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.”

“By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

-
Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry

According to the Sublette's, 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860 there were 4 million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least 1,000 percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them. This was done by forced slave breeding for business, pleasure, and entertainment.

I can keep going, but my point here is that you're full of shit and you're trying the usual racist "the democrats are fooling you" crap. The record of America on race is clear, it goes way past slavery and that is why the majority of every non white group are members of the democratic party.

After slavery ended, southern whites went on a campaign of what can only be called ethnic cleansing. The federal government turned tail and ran by establishing a legal principle whereby the federal government did not have to enforce the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments by using states’ rights. Apartheid became the law of the land due to the Plessy decision. Blacks tried to escape the oppressive conditions in the south by coming north, but they found just how united the states were relative to white supremacy. BOTH OF TODAY'S MAJOR PARTIES WERE COMPLICIT IN WHAT HAPPENED . Africans did not do that. At every turn, whenever blacks tried reaching for what this country claims to promise, we have run into a brick wall, or more accurately, a white mob. Africans did not do that.

“One major author on the slave trade (appropriately titled Sins of Our Fathers) explained how many white people urged him to state that the trade was the responsibility of African chiefs, and that Europeans merely turned up to buy captives- as though without European demand there would have been captives sitting on the beach by the millions!
- Walter Rodney

The comment that Africans sold each other into slavery is disingenuous because these nations did not consider themselves Africans; they were citizens of their respective kingdoms. No different than the French, the Spanish, the Germans, and the Norwegians.

The title of this thread is:

Africans did not make black codes and Jim Crow Apartheid

JoeB131

I’ve won the lottery over 20 or 30 times over the years. But a few bucks here. Nothing serious. Lotta times don’t even bother cashing it.

But my point was how many ppl from the same family have won the lottery ?

And I think we both know what winning the lottery means. Let’s not act stupid here.

Getting bk 2 bland the chances of a sucide happened twice in the same cell in the same jail?

I can barely take you seriously if that’s a coincidence

• Thanks
JoeB131
IM and Paul blame white people for everything... that way, they don't have to take any responsibility.

No, we blame white racism. That's something you don't want to take responsibility to stop.

All white people are not racists and white racism impacts the lives and decisions of black people.

Stop conflating white racism to mean white people. That's offensive to the whites here who are not racists and who do make excuses for racism like you do Joe.

According to every definition, personal or individual responsibility is the idea that human beings create their own life experiences by their choices. I say this because it is apparent that today, some whites do not seem to understand what it means. The racist subculture is part of a 400-year pattern of behavior that has been consistent, and it is based on a belief in superiority. Our problems are primarily due to choices whites in power have made. Whites chose to deny blacks equal rights by various American laws for nearly 200 years, and some still choose to reject complete equality today. Those who like to preach to people about taking personal responsibility should consider these inconvenient truths.

People want to lecture us on taking personal responsibility for our situation. Since our problem is caused by white racism, we are personally responsible for pointing it out and then demanding that it stop. Ignoring it or repeating right wing bs that blames blacks is irresponsible behavior that enables white racism to continue.

I have said this more than once, blacks' grievance with America left slavery as the sole issue pretty much the day after blacks were informed of emancipation. We were freed from slavery even though we received no compensation for the economic damage caused. Today’s grievances include not just slavery but the 100 years after emancipation and modern forms of racism. Simply put, human rights violations against blacks did not end after slavery. Dr. Carol Anderson points this out in detail in her book, “White Rage.”

Dr. Anderson chronicles the many methods whites used in the years after slavery to restrict the right for blacks to move around freely in America. Whites in the south used any means necessary to discourage blacks from moving north. In the north, whites terrorized blacks competing for jobs with better pay and those trying to live in majority white neighborhoods.

In July 1865, Circular 13 was issued by General Oliver Howard fully authorizing the lease of 40-acre plots of land to the newly freed blacks. As a result of this document, 40,000 formerly enslaved people began work on land that now belonged to them. But President Andrew Johnson killed these two orders and removed those 40,000 blacks from that land while destroying any income they could make. He gave the land back to whites. Johnson pardoned most of the confederate leaders, allowing them to regain power. By doing this, Johnson unleashed a reign of terror on blacks that was nothing short of attempted ethnic cleansing.

On the evening of Saturday, July 19th, 1919, in Washington D.C., a mob of mad drunken white World War 1 veterans invaded a black neighborhood because of a rumor spread about a black man assaulting the wife of a white navy man.54 Those mad white men proceeded to beat all the blacks they found.

The Omaha Race Riot occurred on September 28–29, 1919. Three conditions: black property acquisition, economic anxiety, and black male sexual aggression claims have been the standard for white violence against blacks throughout American history. The Omaha Riots met at least 2 of the three conditions. The eventual lynching of Will Brown began with reports in local media about the alleged rape of a woman on September 25, 1919. Brown was lynched, shot up after he was dead, dragged through the streets of Omaha, and set on fire. He had committed no crime.

On December 23, 1945, Mr. and Mrs. H. O’Day Short and their two little children were burned to death in Fontana, California.

For the first five years after WW2 in Chicago alone, there were over 300 documented acts of terror by whites against blacks who tried living in or near majority-white neighborhoods.65 In 1951, a black man named Harvey Clark and his family tried to move into the Cicero neighborhood of Chicago. A white mob vandalized his home and burned his furniture in the front yard. The police did nothing.

In 1955, there were more than 200 recorded acts of violence against blacks by whites in Philadelphia

In 1964, blacks again tried renting an apartment in Cicero, their apartment was vandalized. Police acted this time. They entered the apartment, took out the furniture, and told the people they were evicted.

During the same period in Detroit, there were over 200 acts of terror to stop black families from moving to the suburbs.

In 15 years from 1950 to 1965, more than 100 recorded bombings of black-owned homes occurred in Los Angeles.

In 1987, another black family tried moving into Cicero. They got gunfire and firebombs.71 Again, that was in 1987, not 1887.

Consistently since the end of slavery, there has been a section of the white community who violently resisted the efforts of blacks to live successfully in America. During this time, prosperous blacks faced acts of terror while thriving black communities got destroyed by mobs of angry whites who felt they were losing out because blacks had acquired the same things whites had. This kind of terrorism has gone long ignored in understanding the brutality and hardcore resistance to black freedom in America.

After slavery ended, southern whites went on a campaign of what can only be called ethnic cleansing. The federal government turned tail and ran by establishing a legal principle whereby the federal government did not have to enforce the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments by using states’ rights. Apartheid became the law of the land due to the Plessy decision. Blacks tried to escape the oppressive conditions in the south by coming north, but they found just how united the states were relative to white supremacy. At every turn, whenever blacks tried reaching for what this country claims to promise, we have run into a brick wall, or more accurately, a white mob.

And I didn't include the government programs helping whites that blacks were excluded from.

July 19, 1919: White Mobs in Uniform Attack African Americans — Who Fight Back — in Washington, D.C., July 19, 1919: White Mobs in Uniform Attack African Americans — Who Fight Back — in Washington, D.C. - Zinn Education Project

Anthony Dittmar, Omaha Race Riot, Omaha Race Riot – Discovering 1919

B.C Franklin, The Tulsa Race Riots and Three of It’s Victims, A Long-Lost Manuscript Contains a Searing Eyewitness Account of the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921

Survivors of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre share eyewitness accounts, Survivors of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre share eyewitness accounts - The Cincinnati Herald

William L. Patterson, We Charge Genocide, 4th edition, International Publishers Co., Inc., New York, 2017 pp.60-61

Peter Salwen, A "Northern Lynching," Remembering the Trenton Six Case, August 6, 1998, "A Northern Lynching" - the "Trenton Six" case, 50 years later

Sharon Schlegel, Harrowing case of the "Trenton Six", The Times of Trenton, Jan 28, 2012, Updated Mar 30, 2019, https://www.nj.com/times opinion/2012/01/harrowing_case_of_the_trenton.html

Richard Rothstein, Color of Law, Liverright Publishing, pp.144, 2018

Jae Jones, Cicero Race Riot: Mob of 4,000 Destroys Apartment Building with One Black Family Tenants, November 14, 2018, Cicero Race Riot: Mob of 4,000 Destroys Apartment Building with One Black Family Tenantsblack-family-tenants/

Charles Abrams, The Time Bomb That Exploded in Cicero: Segregated Housing's Inevitable Dividend, The Time Bomb That Exploded in Cicero:Segregated Housing's Inevitable Dividend

Christy Clark-Pujara and Anna-Lisa Cox, How the Myth of a Liberal North Erases a Long History of White Violence, smithsonianmag.com, August 27, 2020, How the Myth of a Liberal North Erases a Long History of White Violence
Go back to Africa.

JoeB131
More like, we see it where it is. Someone uses the N-word regularly, yup, that person is a racist.

The issue is not the N-word. The issue is the N word get it’s power bcoz of the muscle behind it.

And that muscle is the backdrop of systemic and institutional racism. And that backdrop–of housing and job discrimination, racial profiling, unequal health care access, and a media that regularly presents blacks in the worst possible light, that’s what gives the N word it’s muscle

That’s why a blk man calling a white person Honky or Cracker doesn’t really have the same bite bcoz whites know there is no muscle behind it

What are blks gonna do next? Deny us housing n jobs ?

Yeah right.

JoeB131
Someone sees that problems in the black community are largely self-inflicted, and you don't want to hear that, that's not racist.

And if your looking to understand why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often so hostile in this country, you need only to read your last two comments.

See whites and blacks are often not talking about the same thing.

To white ppl - racism is seen mostly personal like saying the N word.

For blacks, it is that too, but for blks racism is a system of inequality based on race.

And the thing is I understand why you think the way you do.

Whites have not been the targets of systemic racism in this country, so it is much easier for u to view the matter in personal terms.

But for blk people, racism is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
The comment that Africans sold each other into slavery is disingenuous because these nations did not consider themselves Africans; they were citizens of their respective kingdoms. No different than the French, the Spanish, the Germans, and the Norwegians.

The title of this thread is:

Africans did not make black codes and Jim Crow Apartheid
I guess you needed that big wall of text to convince yourself you had some facts on your side.

Let’s look at some quotes from your source:

“I am not a historian and I don't claim to be one. However, I am an African and I cherish our oral traditions.”

“To conclude, my ancestors did not sell their own brothers and sisters into slavery just like that. They were deceived and "demonically" manipulated by those white strangers who visited our land.”

Your source relies on self-serving anecdotes from his grandfather. Your source thinks Africans are especially dumb and white people have amazing mind control powers.

Did the Asante Kingdom and other African Kingdoms make a lot of money selling black people? Can you answer with a yes or no?

And please tell me why you are so naive and gullible regarding upper class liberals.

azfns6l6bt011.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back