White House petition calls for Public Schools to Recognize Muslim Holidays

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
A small group of Muslim students from the Commonwealth of Virginia have created a petition on a White House website calling for public schools to recognize Muslim holidays.

Posted on the White House's "We the People" site last month, as of Tuesday morning the petition has garnered over 28,000 signatories from across the United States.

"With the growing population of Muslims in the United States of America…we believe it is high time that Muslim holidays are recognized by schools throughout this nation," reads the petition in part.

"Muslim school children and staff deserve the same benefits afforded to the followers of other faiths. We call on President Obama to support this petition and advance the inclusiveness of our great nation."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman with the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), told The Christian Post that his organization supported "the recognition of Muslim holidays in school systems" with "significant Muslim populations."

Petition on White House Site Calls for Public Schools to Recognize Muslim Holidays

Oh... I see... so while no schools are allowed to mention "God" or "Jesus" or sing "Christmas carols" that mention the birth of "Jesus," so right, since all things Christian are getting their asses kicked OUT of schools, it's time for the muslims to DEMAND their cult now be recognized.

Mind boggling.

If our beloved Pres. Obama is a muslim like many here claim.

This should be done deal. ..... :thup:

Fine, just so long as all things Christian are then allowed too.

You're not going to have one without the other, or vice versa.

Period.

But if all things Christian are banned from schools, then so is your filthy cult.

Ya... I can see why muslims want to try and weasel their cult into schools with all those little girls...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NY0yhqUb3I]Muslims marry little Muslim girls - YouTube[/ame]

Oh... I see... so while no schools are allowed to mention "God" or "Jesus" or sing "Christmas carols" that mention the birth of "Jesus," so right, since all things Christian are getting their asses kicked OUT of schools, it's time for the muslims to DEMAND their cult now be recognized.

Mind boggling.

Might want to back up a little.

Reality: schools recognize religious holidays already

Check this out :)
Calendars - Current School Year Calendar

As long as celebrations of all religions are recognised, I don't have an issue.

That's what I figure :dunno:

I think it also depends on the community the school supports. If they have enough folks of a certain group, they should incorporate their holidays in the schedule.

Mind boggling.

Then you must feel REAL GOOD about this aye? This what you want in your school with your daughter?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NY0yhqUb3I]Muslims marry little Muslim girls - YouTube[/ame]

A cult led by a bunch of whack jobs that worship a pedophile that married a SIX YEAR OLD GIRL and FUCKED HER when she was NINE? That what you want? Sure the hell looks like it since you're defending it.

A small group of Muslim students from the Commonwealth of Virginia have created a petition on a White House website calling for public schools to recognize Muslim holidays.

Posted on the White House's "We the People" site last month, as of Tuesday morning the petition has garnered over 28,000 signatories from across the United States.

"With the growing population of Muslims in the United States of America…we believe it is high time that Muslim holidays are recognized by schools throughout this nation," reads the petition in part.

"Muslim school children and staff deserve the same benefits afforded to the followers of other faiths. We call on President Obama to support this petition and advance the inclusiveness of our great nation."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman with the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), told The Christian Post that his organization supported "the recognition of Muslim holidays in school systems" with "significant Muslim populations."

Petition on White House Site Calls for Public Schools to Recognize Muslim Holidays

Recognized how? LIke with Christmas and a day or days off? I'd support that. Recognize Christmas with such time-off, should recognize everything. Not like we take education seriously in the US judging by global rankings anyway. :)

Mind boggling.

Then you must feel REAL GOOD about this aye? This what you want in your school with your daughter?

A cult led by a bunch of whack jobs that worship a pedophile that married a SIX YEAR OLD GIRL and FUCKED HER when she was NINE? That what you want? Sure the hell looks like it since you're defending it.

:cuckoo:

Perhaps you can show me where the American Muslim community supports marriage to a 6 yr old? Until then, it's difficult to take what you say any more seriously than say - the KKK or the Westboro Baptists.

Can verify the married at 6, consumated at 9 - it's backed up by Scripture. Even been used in Arab countries to justify child marriages as in Egypt. Isn't iron-clad though and there's some question as to factual evidence of her age. And for myself, since Islam is based so largely on Judaism, it's kinda odd that they'd have adopted much of theocratic law then differ so hugely on the age required to marry (12 for girls in Judaism, 13 for boys, recommended age is 16.) Good article about Aisha here:

Age of Aisha (ra) at time of marriage

Mind boggling.

Might want to wise up a little.

Reality: schools are predominately leftist indoctrination centers, and they hate anything Christian, so they are at the front of the war on Christianity.

Precious 8-Year-Old Autistic Boy Brings His Bible to School Every Day ? That Is, Until the School Told Him the Book Is ?Only for Church? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Isn't that the same website that had a BIGGER petition requesting the feds build a Death Star?

About as realistic.

As long as celebrations of all religions are recognised, I don't have an issue.

Separation of church and state.

Christianty, islam, morms, scientology - they all ALL cults and they ALL need to stay in their tax-free buildings. Period. No exceptions.

Forum List

Back