White House Officials Using Personal Accounts To Do Official Work

Cummings: WH officials using personal accounts to do official work - CNNPolitics

House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings said Thursday his committee has obtained new information that several senior White House officials have used personal email and messaging accounts to conduct government business, asserting that President Donald Trump's son-in-law communicated with foreign leaders through a private messaging application that appears to lack adequate safeguards.

In a Thursday letter to the White House, the Maryland Democrat alleged that Jared Kushner, who is also a senior White House adviser, had been using WhatsApp, a popular messaging application, to "communicate with foreign leaders" -- something he said that Kushner's attorney had confirmed in a private meeting.

LOCK! HIM! UP! LOCK! HIM! UP!

He also contended that Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump, also a senior adviser, may be in violation of the Presidential Records Act by her use of private emails.

LOCK! HER! UP! LOCK! HER! UP!
Precedent has been set on this kind of thing. Hillary ran a private email server from her house and conducted business including top secret documents. Obama was caught lying when he said he knew nothing about it when they found he had used his personal address to email her personal address. She also deleted a ton of stuff that she was supposed to turn over. Sure, pursue this and peel the scab off of Hillary and Obama's transgression. I don't believe there is any statute of limitations that would protect them and they could be caught up in your investigation and indictments. But as I said, precedent has already been set, so no harm no foul. See what happens when you make bad decisions in favor of your side.
Translation: IT'S OKAY WHEN TRUMP DOES IT!™
A tad slow on the uptake this morning? No, but it has already been determined by the FBI and DOJ to be a no harm, no foul when Hillary and Obama did it. The question is why bother investigating or holding someone accountable NOW when the precedent has already bee set that it is nothing?
Jesus H. Christ, why don't you people read the OP link or the topic before making public fools of yourselves?

If Ivanka and Jared did not turn over their official communications from their personal email accounts, they have violated the law.

All caught up now?

Here's a newsflash, tards. It was not, and probably still is not, illegal for a government official to use a private email account, or server, to conduct government business.

Let that sink in. Allow it to penetrate past all your bullshit faux rage over Hillary's emails.

Really let that sink in.

What IS criminal is not turning over those records to the government so they can be accessed should someone make a FOIA request.

It is also criminal to use a personal email to communicate classified information.

Now, is it a good idea to use personal email/servers for non-classified official business? No. Because you have your personal shit getting mixed in with your official shit, and when it comes time to turn over the official shit, you have to sift it out, and then partisan dumb fuck hacks will try to claim you didn't sift all of it out and that you are hiding something.

And propagandists will make this claim with ZERO evidence, and the willfully stupid Rube Herd will parrot that manufactured bullshit for YEARS.

What's more, some dumb fat fuck might go on TV and publicly ask Russia to hack your emails for which he believes Russia would be mightily rewarded. But that isn't collusion! Nope!

Lastly, if you did use a personal server for official business, is it a good idea to just leave it unwiped after you turn over your records?

Nope! That would be a really incredibly stupid fucking thing to do. And yet the idiot parroting tard Rube Herd seems to think you should NOT wipe a hard drive and just leave it laying around for someone (mightily rewarded Russians?) to find and hack.

Wow you're an idiot savant minus the savant. The timeline matters. She deleted them after getting a congressional subpoena. You're a waste of space biased fool.

Feb. 1, 2013: Clinton serves her last day as secretary of state.

July 23, 2014: The State Department reaches an agreement with the Benghazi committee about producing records for its investigation into the 2012 attack on a U.S. embassy in the Libyan city.

Oct. 28, 2014: The State Department sends an official letter to Clinton’s staff requesting "emails related to their government work." Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall, and aide Cheryl Mills oversaw the review of Clinton’s email archives to produce work-related documents to the department.

Dec. 5, 2014: Clinton’s team provides 55,000 pages of emails, or about 30,000 individual emails, to the State Department. Mills tells an employee at Platte River Networks, which managed the server, that Clinton does not need to retain any emails older than 60 days.

March 2, 2015: The New York Times breaks the story that Clinton used a personal email account while secretary of state.

March 4, 2015: The Benghazi committee issues a subpoena requiring Clinton to turn over all emails from her private server related to the incident in Libya.

Between March 25-31, 2015: The Platte River Networks employee has what he calls an "oh s---" moment, realizing he did not delete Clinton’s email archive, per Mills’ December 2014 request. The employee deletes the email archive using a software called BleachBit.

March 27, 2015: Clinton’s lawyers send a letter to the Benghazi committee saying that the State Department already has the relevant emails, as they were included in the Dec. 5, 2014, turnover.

The congressional subpoena came on March 4, 2015, and an employee deleted the emails sometime after March 25, 2015, three weeks later.
March 27, 2015: Clinton’s lawyers send a letter to the Benghazi committee saying that the State Department already has the relevant emails, as they were included in the Dec. 5, 2014, turnover.

Which part of that do you not understand?

LMAO. In their opinion but why delete anything when you were asked by Congress to provide EVERYTHING. If you don't see this as somewhat fishy you're an idiot.

It was wrong for Hillary to use private email to solicit money for her Foundation, and that included from ME despots. And I'm glad the House and FBI illuminated what she did. She disqualified herself from office, imo.

I'm just wondering what is different from what she did and what the Trump family did. That's it. Just that.

Trump family didn't delete anything after being asked not to by Congress.

Cummings: WH officials using personal accounts to do official work - CNNPolitics

House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings said Thursday his committee has obtained new information that several senior White House officials have used personal email and messaging accounts to conduct government business, asserting that President Donald Trump's son-in-law communicated with foreign leaders through a private messaging application that appears to lack adequate safeguards.

In a Thursday letter to the White House, the Maryland Democrat alleged that Jared Kushner, who is also a senior White House adviser, had been using WhatsApp, a popular messaging application, to "communicate with foreign leaders" -- something he said that Kushner's attorney had confirmed in a private meeting.

He also contended that Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump, also a senior adviser, may be in violation of the Presidential Records Act by her use of private emails.

Precedent has been set on this kind of thing. Hillary ran a private email server from her house and conducted business including top secret documents. Obama was caught lying when he said he knew nothing about it when they found he had used his personal address to email her personal address. She also deleted a ton of stuff that she was supposed to turn over. Sure, pursue this and peel the scab off of Hillary and Obama's transgression. I don't believe there is any statute of limitations that would protect them and they could be caught up in your investigation and indictments. But as I said, precedent has already been set, so no harm no foul. See what happens when you make bad decisions in favor of your side.
A tad slow on the uptake this morning? No, but it has already been determined by the FBI and DOJ to be a no harm, no foul when Hillary and Obama did it. The question is why bother investigating or holding someone accountable NOW when the precedent has already bee set that it is nothing?
Jesus H. Christ, why don't you people read the OP link or the topic before making public fools of yourselves?

If Ivanka and Jared did not turn over their official communications from their personal email accounts, they have violated the law.

All caught up now?

IF!!!

CNN and Cummings are biased. I would like to know more.

Cummings concerned about Jared, Ivanka private emails, texts

Did Kushner set up a private Whatsapp server and then use it to send unsecured classified info?
I guess you need it made simple for you, too, tard.

If Trump's kids did not turn over their official communications to the government, they are in violation of the law.

All caught up now?

Read the topic AND THE LINK I provided for you in the OP before you make a public ass of yourself again.

What a maroon. I'll file your "outrage" under Prog Hypocrisy given how you are perfectly copacetic with hiLIARy violating the Espionage Act.

I don't think G5000 excused Hillary's use of private email, and I certainly didn't it. Beyond that your attempt to distinguish also fails ... badly.

^^^ Diagnosis: Terminal Projection ^^^

So, you've said nothing of note. Go away, partisan douche.

All caught up now?

IF!!!

Oh, look. A normally willfully blind rube is saying, "I would like to know more." :lol:

Funny you tards didn't say that while you were chanting "LOCKER UP! LOCKER UP! LOCKER UP!"

So you'd like to know more when it involves a Trump.

Thus the need for an investigation/hearing. By the guy who actually wrote the law. Cummings.

Both sides do it, they are all hypocrites.

When they decide to run, their campaign managers ask them; "Are you willing to lie, cheat, steal and be hypocritical?"

From the article; "Cummings said would constitute a "major security breach."

Didn't seem he was too concerned about a security breach a few years back when a Democrat was doing the same thing, eh?

Politicians. . .

iu

Hillary wasn’t using WhatsApp. She was using a secure private server, set up for a former US President.

My question would start with ....WHY?

That one is easy. The government email system use of which exploded at the turn of the century was wholly inadequate, and the technology was advancing so quickly that the government was hard pressed to keep up with it. Each government worker was allocated something like 25 megabytes of storage (which is nothing for any high traffic office), and servers were slower than slow as they quickly became overwhelmed. Even at my office, I didn't have office email until 1998, and up until that point we were still communicating by fax.

By 2003, I working in a firm with 800 people. We had 4 servers for 800 staff, with basically unlimited storage capacity. It took 10 minutes to log into our email, because of the 10's of thousands of emails within our access group. One lawyer in our group had 50,000 emails. It took half and hour to load the program in the morning. Imagine having woefully inadequate servers, and longer wait times than that. Plus you have to preserve and turn over all of your work, and keep your PC under 25 megabytes stored.

After 2008 things got worse. The fiscal sequestration meant there was no money to upgrade the servers, and staff just had to live with what they had. Senior Officials in a high enough position to work off a private server, did so. That includes W and Cheney. Hillary asked Colin Powell what to do about her email, and he suggested using Bill's private server. His email to her on the subject was one of the ones that were published.

She believed that because she only used her work email to communicate with other government employees, that she didn't have to retain copies of these emails because they were already ON the government servers of the recipients. While not an unreasonable assumption, it was not how she was supposed to do things. So she gave State copies of the stuff she sent to NGO's and independent contractors, but deleted stuff to her staff.

If you look at everything that happened within the context of the times, nothing about what she did looks nefarious at all. Reading the 50,000 Clinton emails that WikiLeaks published, they create a portrait of a woman who was hardworking, who took her job seriously, and showed a genuine interest leaving the world a better place than she found it. She is a genuiine policy wonk who understood what she needed to be doing, and how to do it. Traits that are both sorely lacking in this President.
iu
Not that. I'm begging here. In retrospect Hillary was the less bad choice. By now we'd have President Kaine, and he'd be a one termer. LOL
What makes you think we would have Kaine by now?

All caught up now?

IF!!!

Oh, look. A normally willfully blind rube is saying, "I would like to know more." :lol:

Funny you tards didn't say that while you were chanting "LOCKER UP! LOCKER UP! LOCKER UP!"

So you'd like to know more when it involves a Trump.

Thus the need for an investigation/hearing. By the guy who actually wrote the law. Cummings.

Tards like me? Nope. I am not a party sheep like you. I live in Boston and my vote didn't count. LMAO. You just keep exposing yourself as an idiot asshole. It is fun to keep embarrassing you.

All caught up now?
So you ARE slow on the uptake. Duly noted. Carry on.

Did Kushner set up a private Whatsapp server and then use it to send unsecured classified info?

If Trump's kids did not turn over their official communications to the government, they are in violation of the law.

All caught up now?

Read the topic AND THE LINK I provided for you in the OP before you make a public ass of yourself again.

What a maroon. I'll file your "outrage" under Prog Hypocrisy given how you are perfectly copacetic with hiLIARy violating the Espionage Act.

I don't think G5000 excused Hillary's use of private email, and I certainly didn't it. Beyond that your attempt to distinguish also fails ... badly.

The irony....

They did until they were given email addresses. Old news.

Stop lying.
You fucking seriously think they didn't set up email addresses for @whitehouse.gov between November 6 and January 17?
It takes just minutes to set up an email address. Get real.
Kushner uses WhatsApp to talk to his murderer friend MBS.
They are nothing but moneyed thugs who think they are above the law.
Lying scum.

They did until they were given email addresses. Old news.
Wrong!

Even if you were right, which you aren't, they are still required by federal law to turn those communications over to the government.
Unless they decide it is personal business. They can just have their staff go through it all and delete what ever they don't feel like handing over apparently. . . .

:abgg2q.jpg:
Which part of "used personal email and messaging accounts to conduct government business" did you not understand, blind man?

They already admitted to it.
Better a personal email than a whole goddamned SERVER!!!!

Diversion and deflection for your leader.
Your Dear Leader railed constantly on the campaign trail about Hillary's email
And you stupid fuckers ate it up as a reason to jail her.
Now you excuse him for doing the same thing.
Who opened up the top of your head and shit inside your cranium?
Oh, wait....we already know.

Here's a newsflash, tards. It was not, and probably still is not, illegal for a government official to use a private email account, or server, to conduct government business.

Let that sink in. Allow it to penetrate past all your bullshit faux rage over Hillary's emails.

Really let that sink in.

What IS criminal is not turning over those records to the government so they can be accessed should someone make a FOIA request.

It is also criminal to use a personal email to communicate classified information.

Now, is it a good idea to use personal email/servers for non-classified official business? No. Because you have your personal shit getting mixed in with your official shit, and when it comes time to turn over the official shit, you have to sift it out, and then partisan dumb fuck hacks will try to claim you didn't sift all of it out and that you are hiding something.

And propagandists will make this claim with ZERO evidence, and the willfully stupid Rube Herd will parrot that manufactured bullshit for YEARS.

What's more, some dumb fat fuck might go on TV and publicly ask Russia to hack your emails for which he believes Russia would be mightily rewarded. But that isn't collusion! Nope!

Lastly, if you did use a personal server for official business, is it a good idea to just leave it unwiped after you turn over your records?

Nope! That would be a really incredibly stupid fucking thing to do. And yet the idiot parroting tard Rube Herd seems to think you should NOT wipe a hard drive and just leave it laying around for someone (mightily rewarded Russians?) to find and hack.

Wow you're an idiot savant minus the savant. The timeline matters. She deleted them after getting a congressional subpoena. You're a waste of space biased fool.

July 23, 2014: The State Department reaches an agreement with the Benghazi committee about producing records for its investigation into the 2012 attack on a U.S. embassy in the Libyan city.

Oct. 28, 2014: The State Department sends an official letter to Clinton’s staff requesting "emails related to their government work." Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall, and aide Cheryl Mills oversaw the review of Clinton’s email archives to produce work-related documents to the department.

Dec. 5, 2014: Clinton’s team provides 55,000 pages of emails, or about 30,000 individual emails, to the State Department. Mills tells an employee at Platte River Networks, which managed the server, that Clinton does not need to retain any emails older than 60 days.

March 2, 2015: The New York Times breaks the story that Clinton used a personal email account while secretary of state.

March 4, 2015: The Benghazi committee issues a subpoena requiring Clinton to turn over all emails from her private server related to the incident in Libya.

Between March 25-31, 2015: The Platte River Networks employee has what he calls an "oh s---" moment, realizing he did not delete Clinton’s email archive, per Mills’ December 2014 request. The employee deletes the email archive using a software called BleachBit.

The congressional subpoena came on March 4, 2015, and an employee deleted the emails sometime after March 25, 2015, three weeks later.

LMAO. In their opinion but why delete anything when you were asked by Congress to provide EVERYTHING. If you don't see this as somewhat fishy you're an idiot.
Nothing Hillary does is fishy. She is a shining example of American patriotism.

Hillary Clinton's Fingerprints Among Those Found on Papers

:auiqs.jpg:

All caught up now?
So you ARE slow on the uptake. Duly noted. Carry on.

What kind of an answer is that?
You stupid pigs just can't go low enough for your royalty in the White House.
If you want a fucking despot, move to Russia, China, Venezuela, take your pick, just get the fuck out of this country, traitor.

Really let that sink in.

Nothing Hillary does is fishy. She is a shining example of American patriotism.

Hillary Clinton's Fingerprints Among Those Found on Papers

:auiqs.jpg:

If you remember, Trump promoted himself as being above Hillary in honesty and transparency.
And fucking idiots like you believed him.
Even though he had a class action lawsuit for fraud to the tune of $35,000,000 and wouldn't release his tax returns.
You people are the biggest sucker pool created since Barnum met Bailey.

All caught up now?

Stop right here::::::::: "Jesus H. Christ, why don't you people read..."

They don't. They watch TV. And Fox News only.

They read this board and Facebook, where Trump spends millions polluting member's feeds with his propaganda.

All caught up now?

It is a truth universally acknowledged that anonymous posters on obscure message boards in the dregs of the interwebs who spew vulgar epithets are admitting their own intellectual bankruptcy.

All caught up now?

It is a truth universally acknowledged that anonymous posters on obscure message boards in the dregs of the interwebs who spew vulgar epithets are admitting their own intellectual bankruptcy.

If it wasn't for anonymous posters spewing vulgar epithets, this site wouldn't exist.

If it wasn't for anonymous posters spewing vulgar epithets, this site wouldn't exist.

The Internet wouldn't exist.

Only people who think in vulgar epithets would agree.

Forum List

Back