While Biden bombs Syria (for oil), gas prices climb higher and higher

Who owns “Big Oil”? The Answer: Chances are it’s “you.” 1 Through mutual fund accounts, IRAs or personal retirement accounts, or a pension plan, Americans invest in oil and natural gas stocks. Only 2.9 percent of industry shares are owned by corporate management and the rest are owned by tens of millions of Americans. 2.
Who Owns Big Oil? - Chevron Advocacy Network #CAN
chevronadvocacynetwork.com/who-owns-big-oil/

I have told people that for ages and it cracks me up when they bitch.

"Rah-Rah-Rah ... Big Oil ... The Rich keep getting Richer" ... :mad:
"No fucking shit Sherlock, and you were telling me about your silly 401K yesterday" ... :auiqs.jpg:

It's the very same policies that under the Obama Administration led to sharp decreases in oil production from land controlled by the Federal Government. Biden is coupling that with foreign policy that has already prompted the Saudis to lower their output. It's not a conspiracy...it's something that's being done in plain sight and with fanfare. We will have four dollar gas at the pump before the end of the summer.

Bookmarked - 4 bucks by end of summer - Hmmm .... Month off the board bet? :)
It's already over four in California. It'll be over four elsewhere by the end of the summer. I'll take that bet and you're gonna regret because Biden's the worst that's ever been! (apologies to Charlie Daniels!)
Save this.
When prices start falling in a few weeks I'm sure you be singing Biden's praises to your god in Mira Lago.

Speaking of his Cheetoness...
Care to show me a post of yours from 2018 when prices went from under $2 to $3 per.

I'm absolutely positive you're consistent and not some full of it Trump cheeto-sucker.
This has zero to do with Donald Trump! This is about Democrats pushing an anti Big Oil agenda and every American that has to put gas in their car paying the price for that agenda! The Green New Deal is based on making fossil fuels obsolete and that's only possible if you make gas, oil and natural gas expensive.
No,

This is about Republicans pushing another fake butt hurt using lies and false data.

The President has very little influence over short term prices UNLESS of course, he's an idiot like the last two Republicans who are/were stupid enough to think war is a great way to stabilize oil production.

And stop with the "make gas expensive" myth.
Why is volvo stopping production of gasoline/diesel vehicles?
GM doing the same?

Are these manufacturers of big gas guzzling SUVs and Trucks conspiring to raise gas prices?

Sometime, just once in a great while, why don't you and your just look in the mirror and try to understand how stupid your claims are before writing them here for all to see?
Just think of the embarrassment you'll save yourselves.
Did you really just accuse Trump of being a warmonger? That's amusing since he was the President who pulled troops out of harms way and refused to involve them in the Syrian conflict or the conflict between Turkey and the Kurds. Biden is already starting to saber rattle in the Middle East.
Let's see...

Threatened war with Iran, Syria, N Korea, China, Cuba, Mexico, Columbia, Nicuarage....

Started trade wars with China and the EU

But, hey, who's counting.
You think a "trade war" is the same thing as a real war? LOL You get dumber by the post!

So the best thing you can come up with is that Trump "threatened" others? So let's see...out of ALL those countries that you named how many military operations were actually launched by Donald Trump against those countries?
You'd be surprised how many shooting wars started off as trade wars.

In fact, the American Revolution, the American War of 1812, the American Civil War and The US entrance into WW-I were all initiated by trade disputes.

Glad to help you obvious ignorance of history. Something at which Trumpinistas are woefully inadequate.

OH, I forgot...The US entrance into WW-II against Japan started as a trade dispute.
The invasion of Panama was over the drug trade.
The Iraq war was essentially over the oil trade.

Are you getting it now?

PRECISELY why The Former Guy was woefully problematic as leader of the free world. Not only did the clown never read one book EVER, he was woefully ignorant about everything from the Constitution, to trade wars, to ally relationships to government. His schooling probably touched on all of that, but being a C minus student, he likely got a few Ds and Fs in those classes - Instead choosing to look around the room to determine which pussy he wanted to grab next. ;)

Is this what you voted for, Democrats?

Among some of the earliest announcements coming out of the White House after Joe Biden’s inauguration was a promise to clamp down on drilling, particularly on federal lands and offshore. While this all has to be done in stages, the oil and gas industry is already reacting. And since markets rely on “futures” as much as they do current supply and demand levels, the effects can often precede the cause. This is being noticed all across the nation at this point. As CBS Baltimore pointed out on Monday, gas prices have been slowly but steadily rising over the past month. There are actually a variety of factors driving this trend, as we’ll get to in a moment, but government policy both at home and abroad is always a factor.
And the ignorance just keeps on coming.

Brought to you by the GOP College of Stupid!
You never answered my question daddy o so is the goal of a green president cheap gas prices?
You never asked a question.
Any president who thinks he's can control pump prices is an idiot.
See Trump for evidence.
WTF are you talking about? Didn’t you see how prices maintained $2 for the duration of trump’s presidency? Haven’t you seen them rise by nearly 50% under Biden already? Didn’t you see them rise from $1.40 to over $4 under Obama? Are you blind or just really stupid?
I'm neither blind nor stupid.

You on the other hand are an ignorant asshole.

Why don't you collect a few facts such as that gas prices dropped under Obama from nearly $4 when he took office to less than $1.75. Know why fool? Because Obama bought stability and the risk premium dropped.
Prices went up under Trump from under $1 to nearly $3.25. Never heard a word from you did we shitbucket?

Go educate yourself fool. Then when you get up to 4th grade, come back.
Why don't YOU educate me? Please tell me what Obama policy is it that dropped gas prices? I know he took credit for higher production of oil and natural gas but anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that is laughable!
Did I say there was an Obama policy that reduced oil prices?
Or
Did I say that the President has very little impact on pump prices?

Why don't we look back up the thread and see what kind of liar you are....

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK Jay! Who's next on "How Stupid is that Republican?"
You can't come up with a single Obama Administration policy that increased oil production in the United States...can you? But instead of admitting that...you call me a liar? Aren't you the childish one...

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama took credit for something that happened DESPITE him...not because of him!
OK...Let's see....

Gas prices go up because it's Biden's fault.
Gas prices go down but it's not Obama's doing.

Pardon me but your hypocrisy is showing and your stupid is sticking out.
If you think it IS Obama's doing then I'm still waiting for you to explain to us what policy of Barry's made increased oil production happen?

Gas prices under Joe Biden will go up just as they did under Obama because Joe Biden's policies are the same as Obama's. Most people learn from their mistakes. Progressives don't seem to.

Among some of the earliest announcements coming out of the White House after Joe Biden’s inauguration was a promise to clamp down on drilling, particularly on federal lands and offshore. While this all has to be done in stages, the oil and gas industry is already reacting. And since markets rely on “futures” as much as they do current supply and demand levels, the effects can often precede the cause. This is being noticed all across the nation at this point. As CBS Baltimore pointed out on Monday, gas prices have been slowly but steadily rising over the past month. There are actually a variety of factors driving this trend, as we’ll get to in a moment, but government policy both at home and abroad is always a factor.

No they are not reacting. The oil markets are reacting to Trump's conspiring with OPEC to cut production. Trump wanted to raise the price of oil and sometimes when you get a ball rolling in one direction it can be hard to stop. Also incompetent Texas Republicans have contributed.

Trump has been out of office for two months. You're the reason Biden can get away with starting a war for oil while killing our energy independence, so we have to buy energy from his OPEC connections.

The ones that killed our energy independence are republicans, 5 years ago.

October 9 2015
Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Friday approved a bill to lift a 40-year-old U.S. ban on crude oil exports.

The House approved the bill on a 261-159 vote. Supporters said an ongoing boom in oil and gas drilling has made the 1970s-era restrictions obsolete. Lifting the export ban would lower prices at the pump, create jobs and boost the economy, said House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

"In my view, America's energy boom has the potential to reset the economic foundation of our economy and improve our standing around the world," Boehner said.
www.cbsnews.com › news › house-votes-to-lift-ban-on
We were able to do that because we were producing so much oil. Duh?

Exactly, so why export oil when you can keep it to stabilize our prices.
That like giving away the food in half your refrigerator, then whine when you run out or have to purchase more.
In this case, whine about higher prices, when the US is exporting oil?

Oil prices are set world-wide. Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less. That's why oil from the Trans-Alaska pipeline was primarily sold in Japan because the west coast used less than we were producing.
" Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less'.
Huh?

The US has the highest production costs in the world.

Did US Gas Prices Average $5 Per Gallon Under Obama and ...
Claim: U.S. gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

False · Fact checked by snopes.com
I never claimed that gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon. What I claimed was that Obama's policies drove up the price of gas in the US and that Joe Biden's will as well. You can attempt to argue that all you like...I'll simply direct your attention to the nearest gas pump and tell you to watch as the price keeps going higher.

Can't wait to see you wrong and leave the forum for a month.
Demand will go up because Uncle Joe is doing a GREAT job with the pandemic (2/3 of America agrees btw) and there is pent up demand to travel.
So no doubt it will go up (supply/demand) - but 5 bucks by end of summer?
Don't think so! ;-)

ch.gaschart

You never answered my question daddy o so is the goal of a green president cheap gas prices?
See Trump for evidence.
WTF are you talking about? Didn’t you see how prices maintained $2 for the duration of trump’s presidency? Haven’t you seen them rise by nearly 50% under Biden already? Didn’t you see them rise from $1.40 to over $4 under Obama? Are you blind or just really stupid?

Why don't you collect a few facts such as that gas prices dropped under Obama from nearly $4 when he took office to less than $1.75. Know why fool? Because Obama bought stability and the risk premium dropped.
Prices went up under Trump from under $1 to nearly $3.25. Never heard a word from you did we shitbucket?

Why don't YOU educate me? Please tell me what Obama policy is it that dropped gas prices? I know he took credit for higher production of oil and natural gas but anyone with even a modicum of sense knows that is laughable!
Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

You can't come up with a single Obama Administration policy that increased oil production in the United States...can you? But instead of admitting that...you call me a liar? Aren't you the childish one...

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama took credit for something that happened DESPITE him...not because of him!
OK...Let's see....

If you think it IS Obama's doing then I'm still waiting for you to explain to us what policy of Barry's made increased oil production happen?

Gas prices under Joe Biden will go up just as they did under Obama because Joe Biden's policies are the same as Obama's. Most people learn from their mistakes. Progressives don't seem to.

No they are not reacting. The oil markets are reacting to Trump's conspiring with OPEC to cut production. Trump wanted to raise the price of oil and sometimes when you get a ball rolling in one direction it can be hard to stop. Also incompetent Texas Republicans have contributed.

Trump has been out of office for two months. You're the reason Biden can get away with starting a war for oil while killing our energy independence, so we have to buy energy from his OPEC connections.

October 9 2015
Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Friday approved a bill to lift a 40-year-old U.S. ban on crude oil exports.

The House approved the bill on a 261-159 vote. Supporters said an ongoing boom in oil and gas drilling has made the 1970s-era restrictions obsolete. Lifting the export ban would lower prices at the pump, create jobs and boost the economy, said House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

"In my view, America's energy boom has the potential to reset the economic foundation of our economy and improve our standing around the world," Boehner said.

That like giving away the food in half your refrigerator, then whine when you run out or have to purchase more.

Oil prices are set world-wide. Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less. That's why oil from the Trans-Alaska pipeline was primarily sold in Japan because the west coast used less than we were producing.
" Oil that we keep or export costs exactly the same. Oil that we produce costs less because transportation costs are less'.
Huh?

Claim: U.S. gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

I never claimed that gas prices averaged well over $5 per gallon. What I claimed was that Obama's policies drove up the price of gas in the US and that Joe Biden's will as well. You can attempt to argue that all you like...I'll simply direct your attention to the nearest gas pump and tell you to watch as the price keeps going higher.
Joe Biden’s prices are going up.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

LOLOL.. That statement is so asinine. You are remarkably stupid about the oil business or maybe you just want to put US domestic producers out of business.

It's the very same policies that under the Obama Administration led to sharp decreases in oil production from land controlled by the Federal Government. Biden is coupling that with foreign policy that has already prompted the Saudis to lower their output. It's not a conspiracy...it's something that's being done in plain sight and with fanfare. We will have four dollar gas at the pump before the end of the summer.

It's already over four in California. It'll be over four elsewhere by the end of the summer. I'll take that bet and you're gonna regret because Biden's the worst that's ever been! (apologies to Charlie Daniels!)
Save this.
When prices start falling in a few weeks I'm sure you be singing Biden's praises to your god in Mira Lago.

Care to show me a post of yours from 2018 when prices went from under $2 to $3 per.

I'm absolutely positive you're consistent and not some full of it Trump cheeto-sucker.
This has zero to do with Donald Trump! This is about Democrats pushing an anti Big Oil agenda and every American that has to put gas in their car paying the price for that agenda! The Green New Deal is based on making fossil fuels obsolete and that's only possible if you make gas, oil and natural gas expensive.
No,

This is about Republicans pushing another fake butt hurt using lies and false data.

The President has very little influence over short term prices UNLESS of course, he's an idiot like the last two Republicans who are/were stupid enough to think war is a great way to stabilize oil production.

GM doing the same?

Are these manufacturers of big gas guzzling SUVs and Trucks conspiring to raise gas prices?

Sometime, just once in a great while, why don't you and your just look in the mirror and try to understand how stupid your claims are before writing them here for all to see?
Did you really just accuse Trump of being a warmonger? That's amusing since he was the President who pulled troops out of harms way and refused to involve them in the Syrian conflict or the conflict between Turkey and the Kurds. Biden is already starting to saber rattle in the Middle East.
Let's see...

Threatened war with Iran, Syria, N Korea, China, Cuba, Mexico, Columbia, Nicuarage....

You think a "trade war" is the same thing as a real war? LOL You get dumber by the post!

So the best thing you can come up with is that Trump "threatened" others? So let's see...out of ALL those countries that you named how many military operations were actually launched by Donald Trump against those countries?

In fact, the American Revolution, the American War of 1812, the American Civil War and The US entrance into WW-I were all initiated by trade disputes.

Glad to help you obvious ignorance of history. Something at which Trumpinistas are woefully inadequate.

OH, I forgot...The US entrance into WW-II against Japan started as a trade dispute.

Are you getting it now?
I'm actually a history major. Got my degree from the University of Massachusetts. Your claim that all the conflicts you listed were initiated by trade disputes is laughable. The American Revolution was about "taxation without representation". The War of 1812 was in large part about western expansion by the US...something the British were attempting to stop and the impressment of American sailors into the British Navy. The American Civil War was about States Rights and whether or not the Federal Government could overrule the States. The US entered WWI because it's merchant ships were being sunk by German U-boats. The US entered WWII because of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Sorry but unlike Trump and the rest of the Republican party, Biden is not for sale.

Save this.

No,

GM doing the same?

Let's see...

Are you getting it now?
I'm actually a history major. Got my degree from the University of Massachusetts. Your claim that all the conflicts you listed were initiated by trade disputes is laughable. The American Revolution was about "taxation without representation". The War of 1812 was in large part about western expansion by the US...something the British were attempting to stop and the impressment of American sailors into the British Navy. The American Civil War was about States Rights and whether or not the Federal Government could overrule the States. The US entered WWI because it's merchant ships were being sunk by German U-boats. The US entered WWII because of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

Save this.

No,

GM doing the same?

Let's see...

Are you getting it now?

The Saudis cut production to keep the ppb up.

Save this.

No,

GM doing the same?

Let's see...

Are you getting it now?
You need to get your money back. You got the slogans right but everything wrong.

For example...
Japan attacked Pearl Harbor because the US had acted to restrict Japan's ability to get iron/steel.
The Revolution was about the colonies being able to trade freely with France and Spain.
War of 1812 was about freedom on the seas which was about trade.
And the Civil war was about the Federal government containing the expansion of slavery into the western states.

You got the propaganda pieces right. After all, how are you going to get some poor farmer from Ohio to fight your war if he knows the war is only so you can make higher profits.

Your general understanding of the topic is about 7th grade.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Demand will go up because Uncle Joe is doing a GREAT job with the pandemic (2/3 of America agrees btw) and there is pent up demand to travel.
Don't think so! ;-)

ch.gaschart
I will book mark this ...

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Don't think so! ;-)

ch.gaschart
I will book mark this ...

Good idea. Too many idiots on here don't know that Syria has practically no oil.. They basically want to hurt US oilproducers.

Save this.

No,

GM doing the same?

Let's see...

Are you getting it now?

Learn to quote properly.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

Tell me Mr. "Learn from my mistakes"
Since you've obviously learned so much...
What policy of Trump's cause ol prices to go down?

Can't wait for the absolute ignorance displayed by that response.
Executive Orders: 13771, 13783 and 13795 for starters.

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Don't think so! ;-)

ch.gaschart
Ah, Doc? Our bet was four dollars a gallon by the end of summer, not five! Are you already backing down from that? :)

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Don't think so! ;-)

ch.gaschart
Ah, Doc? Our bet was four dollars a gallon by the end of summer, not five! Are you already backing down from that? :)

Five unless u got a link :)

For starters, Syria doesn't have any oil . Their fields went into steep decline in 1996 and what little they have is still garbage. Its hardly fit for asphalt. Syria is a net IMPORTER of oil. There is oil in the Golan Heights, but Israel took that when they destroyed 67 Druze villages.

There is also a glut of oil available so there's no need to drill on Federal lands. The trick NOW is to keep the ppb high enough so domestic producers don't go out of business.

There are several thousand shallow wells in the Gulf of Mexico, but companies like BP can't be trusted with deep water drilling.
It's about pipelines going through Syria.....
But not according to everyone

October 9 2015

Huh?

You don't think oil coming from the ground in Texas and moved to a refinery by pipeline costs less to produce than oil coming from the ground in the Middle East and shipped to refineries around the world by tanker ship?

In my Navy days, we rode herd on those tankers. I never had to protect a pipeline buried in the ground in Texas.

You answered your own question, transport cost adds to the cost of oil, whether it's across the globe or across the country.
The price per barrel by the broker is increased by tranportation cost

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Soooo, Biden has a policy of shutting down three Texas refineries?
Never read that in the WH press release.

February 20 2021

In Texas this week, winter storms and power outages shut down oil refineries and they're saying it could take weeks.
Could this cause Central Georgians to pay more at the pump?
When you went to grab the pump, did you realize the gas prices as you fueled up? That's because of oil refineries shutting down in Texas due to the winter storm.

Refinery outages have shut down about 20 percent of the nation's oil refining capacity.
That's why prices are expected to rise 10 to 20 cents a gallon in the coming days, and experts say prices may get even higher.
Saravia also said, "That's going to be putting pressure on the price of gasoline, some sources are saying we could see $3 gallons this summer."
www.13wmaz.com › article › money

See Trump for evidence.

Or

OK, finding are in.
You are a stupid liar.

OK...Let's see....

October 9 2015

Huh?

Don't think so! ;-)

ch.gaschart

Five unless u got a link :)
You need a link to find a post in a string? Aren't you the lazy one! The bet was four dollars a gallon.

Forum List

Back