Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
It’s not COVID - the issue the Dems used to win last time.

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Everyone agree with me that the issue is inflation?

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Nope.

What hands the midterms to the Republicans is that midterms ALWAYS go to the out of power party.

Then the GOP will remind everyone why they voted them out to start with. it's what happened in 1994 and 2010.

Now, it would be nice if we had an electorate with a memory span greater than a goldfish, but there you are.

It always comes down to economy in the end.

Until America fixes the fraudulent voting machines and their mail in ballots , I doubt the gop wins anything. The elections are rigged. No way 81 million Americans voted for that old corrupt dementia ridden fool that has been inserted into the white house. Until something is done about it, why even bother voting . Gas will be about $4. A gallon average . Save 20 bucks and stay home. Dirty democrats will not give up these lockdowns , just as they will not give up voter fraud. Democracy has been lost in the U.S.A. . The divided states of the Democrats. They must be so proud of themselves.

Pocketbook is always the main issue no matter what…

If people are struggling to make money while also worrying they might die then the GOP need to offer a solution that is not just “ well ain’t the left “…

Pocketbook is always the main issue no matter what…

If people are struggling to make money while also worrying they might die then the GOP need to offer a solution that is not just “ well ain’t the left “…
You mean like the libs offered “I’m not Trump”? And we will solve COVID”?

People aren’t struggling to make money - there has been a bigger raise this year than in decades. Plus, there are TONS of jobs available. The problem is that Biden keeps driving inflation, and so the raises aren’t keeping up.

I would have to say crime. People need to feel safe before anything. See Maslow

Crime in 2022 will make 2021 look like Disney. The thugs are already attacking affluent areas now. The police forces demoralized and exiting. Mentally ill people attacking innocents

We have millions of unknowns now in a year plus 120k unvetted Afghans here

Look for a couple 911 type events this year. I see a mass poisoning of a water system or along those lines, or a Dirty Bomb. Soros is already to go. This is his chance before he croaks

I would have to say crime. People need to feel safe before anything. See Maslow

Crime in 2022 will make 2021 look like Disney. The thugs are already attacking affluent areas now. The police forces demoralized and exiting. Mentally ill people attacking innocents

We have millions of unknowns now in a year plus 120k unvetted Afghans here

Look for a couple 911 type events this year. I see a mass poisoning of a water system or along those lines, or a Dirty Bomb. Soros is already to go. This is his chance before he croaks
Good point. The Dems really have been allowing crime - even encouraging it, such as when Harris perished the find that out rioters back on the street after their arrests - and people are fed up with it all.

Good point. The Dems really have been allowing crime - even encouraging it, such as when Harris perished the find that out rioters back on the street after their arrests - and people are fed up with it all.
Not so much the crime at this point. But I guarantee you we will witness some horrendous things now that the chain of planned events with Covid and civil disobedience.

Just the drug overdoses in the next 6 months will be unreal. Doubled in Biden yr uno

The price of these drugs has dropped like a rock. At one time dealers made sure their stuff wasn't poison. Today they don't

I think it depends on the particular family who is voting. For many it will be inflation. But I can tell you that many suburban women, who are formerly Democrats, will NEVER vote Democrat again because of the teacher's unions and closed schools. They are irate. See: Virginia.

The truth is the Democrats are looking at a five-alarm fire. They have NO winning issue that I can see. They are losing on every single front.

No one but no one but no one deserves it more.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

History seems to be the single issue…

Last edited:
In the immortal words of James Carville to Bill Clinton..."It's the economy, Stupid!"

Joe Biden hasn't done a thing to address inflation and the Main Stream Media can't gloss over how much more it costs to buy groceries, pay rent or put gas in your car. At the end of the day you've got Americans sitting around the kitchen table asking why nobody from this Administration has answers to our supply chain issues and doesn't seem to really care about the issue!

That being said...Democrats are losers when it comes to the border. They're losers on crime. They're also losers on the lockdowns...especially with school closures and bowing down to the teacher's unions! Then throw in parents who are angry because the left doesn't think a parent should have any say in what their kids are being taught in school. Liberals will win in liberal States. Everywhere else they're going to get their asses handed to them.

I think it depends on the particular family who is voting. For many it will be inflation. But I can tell you that many suburban women, who are formerly Democrats, will NEVER vote Democrat again because of the teacher's unions and closed schools. They are irate. See: Virginia.

The truth is the Democrats are looking at a five-alarm fire. They have NO winning issue that I can see. They are losing on every single front.

No one but no one but no one deserves it more.

Yawn... the same tired, 'We won a midterm with record low turnout, people like us. They really like us!"

Joe Biden hasn't done a thing to address inflation and the Main Stream Media can't gloss over how much more it costs to buy groceries, pay rent or put gas in your car. At the end of the day you've got Americans sitting around the kitchen table asking why nobody from this Administration has answers to our supply chain issues and doesn't seem to really care about the issue!

Yeah, here's the thing... I went to the store yesterday and there were full shelves, even after Christmas. The Supply chain is a problem, but not that big of one.

Now, you guys will take the usual Midterm shift as an endorsement of your crazy. Then you'll do what youalways do... go off on crazy tangents like trying to ban abortion or teach creationism in the schools or cancelling health care or privatizing social security.

It's not a "single issue" perhaps, but Biden's incompetence and senility.

Bookmarked so we can look back at it in a year and see if you were correct or not

It's always the economy stupid. ;)

That said every time Tater or one of his Band of Turds is seen on TV it just reminds everyone of the stupendous amount of fail that has occurred in the past year and it has the dem's fingerprints all over it. They own it.

Everything from inflation, a open border, riots/crime, woke culture, closed schools, faux racism/CRT, vax mandates, the attempted BBB scam, job killing EOs, gutting the .mil, and on and on.

The winning strategy for the dems was to hide in the basement and manipulate a election. Good luck with that this go-round.....We are on to you and are going-in without lube.

Forum List

Back