Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

Nope.

What hands the midterms to the Republicans is that midterms ALWAYS go to the out of power party.
Good point. I'm also a fan of election statistical rules, that one and that incumbents usually win re-election. There are lots of them, and you can't fight statistics. Sometimes it doesn't work the way it normally does, but I wouldn't bet that way.

I would have to say crime. People need to feel safe before anything. See Maslow

Crime in 2022 will make 2021 look like Disney. The thugs are already attacking affluent areas now. The police forces demoralized and exiting. Mentally ill people attacking innocents
Yeah, the huge crime wave, and rioting, is my choice for No. 1 Biden problem. Law and order IS sort of the minimum expectation of government, after all, but the crime does nothing but get worse and the open border is a disgrace. That too fits in with the crime wave, after all. It is criminal activity on a number of levels.

But I've been reading today somewhere that some people think Biden will be taken down by Covid. It's just too many lies and ineffectiveness -- the stupid tests that aren't even made or contracted for --- if they come out before May, count me surprised. A lot of people, if not the Left, have figured out that the self-described elites have been lying and lying about pretty much everything about Covid and claiming to KNOW how to stop and fix it ---- but it just gets worse and worse and Biden now owns it. I agree, not politically survivable.

Good point. I'm also a fan of election statistical rules, that one and that incumbents usually win re-election. There are lots of them, and you can't fight statistics. Sometimes it doesn't work the way it normally does, but I wouldn't bet that way.

And that's the thing.

The Republicans have the advantage of being the out of power party, gerrymandering and of course, voter suppression, which they will interpret as "love" by the voters.

When they get control of the house, they will do what they always do... promote policies popular with their base and no one else. It will probably create sympathy for Biden the way they created sympathy for Clinton and Obama.

There are opportunities to get shed of dem governors in 2022. There are 16 of them up for either re-election or are term-limited out.....I count seven dem governors running for reelection that are very vulnerable.

Tom Wolf (D-PA) is term limited in 2022 so there is a chance to install a gop governor/administration in PA that will pay huge dividends in 2024.

Unlike the gerrymandered congressional districts every person's vote counts in a governor's race.

It always comes down to economy in the end.
Usually, and it could be that if there is a SERIOUS snafu ----- Turkish-level inflation, or serious shortages, which could happen considering the airlines really cannot function at this time; not a good sign. A nose-dive in the economy because of so many workplaces suddenly closing. But if we maintain no worse an economy than now, I'd say the crime wave and the pandemic are going to upset people more.

I suspect this year 2022 has some ugly surprises in waiting; war, possibly.

It’s not COVID - the issue the Dems used to win last time.

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Everyone agree with me that the issue is inflation?
Removing trumpanzee's from any position of authority.

There are opportunities to get shed of dem governors in 2022. There are 16 of them up for either re-election or are term-limited out.....I count seven dem governors running for reelection that are very vulnerable.

Tom Wolf (D-PA) is term limited in 2022 so there is a chance to install a gop governor/administration in PA that will pay huge dividends in 2024.

Unlike the gerrymandered congressional districts every person's vote counts in a governor's race.
Yes!! Governors and state legislatures. As many as 16 vulnerable? This is going well. I don't know who they are trying to run for GOP gov. of PA --- there is so much excitement about that senate race. Dr. Oz and all the rest.

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

I'm voting for someone who's completely against this broke woke movement & cancel culture. Someone that's anti-BLM and pro-ALM. Someone who supports banning boys in dresses from competing against women.
Someone more of a nationalist.

Oh, and someone who's anti-Federal Reserve.

Yes!! Governors and state legislatures. As many as 16 vulnerable? This is going well. I don't know who they are trying to run for GOP gov. of PA --- there is so much excitement about that senate race. Dr. Oz and all the rest.
Looking at the map and the dem margins in 2020 I only found (as stated) seven that were really up for grabs.....But that's a real good thing.....I'll take just half of that, especially if one of them is PA. :)

That said it's going to take folks getting mad, getting to work, and getting even. ;)

Lol, the issue of Democrats don't tend to show up to vote unless it's a presidential election.. lol maybe it will be different this time but I doubt it.

Looking at the map and the dem margins in 2020 I only found (as stated) seven that were really up for grabs.....But that's a real good thing.....I'll take just half of that, especially if one of them is PA. :)

That said it's going to take folks getting mad, getting to work, and getting even. ;)
Six or seven gained would be spectacular, agreed. :cool:

Lol, the issue of Democrats don't tend to show up to vote unless it's a presidential election.. lol maybe it will be different this time but I doubt it.
!! Yeah, they only come out for a prez. . . AND the issue of Democrat weather (bright sunshine) and Republican weather (pouring rain and sleet). I would always diagnose what sort of voting day it was (Republicans ALWAYS vote, no matter what) and for some reason that used to make my Democrat ex mad ------------ I can't THINK why.
:muahaha:

Good point. I'm also a fan of election statistical rules, that one and that incumbents usually win re-election.

At more than a 90% clip, yet Congress has a below 20% approval rating on a normal basis, makes no sense at all

I'm voting for someone who's completely against this broke woke movement & cancel culture. Someone that's anti-BLM and pro-ALM. Someone who supports banning boys in dresses from competing against women.
Someone more of a nationalist.

Oh, and someone who's anti-Federal Reserve.

So nobody that is a D or an R.

I'd say the border.
Most Americans want all illegals out of our country and the walking, talking disaster has allowed another million in. He's bussing and flying them all over the country leaving Towns and cities to pay for his disaster.

Illegals cost we tax payers billions each year. I'd say Americans won't be happy with that little factoid.

Are we all remembering that there are more women voters than men voters? And that women registered to vote, vote MORE than men do?

Just saying.

So I am looking at women's issues for the midterms.

Anti-GOP:

-- Abortion rights possibly being curtailed
-- Trump not too popular with perhaps the majority of women -- but then, he's not running

Anti-Dem:

-- CRT in the schools, closed or open
-- Closed schools
-- immigrants flooding in illegally
-- the massive crime wave: a major woman's issue, since it's women and children they usually kill
-- inflation
-- bad economy
-- pandemic not being resolved: Biden now owns that, but he never fixes it
-- supply problems: I cannot believe these people saying there isn't one! Darn, it feels like Poland in the '80s!
-- trannies trying to take over being women and cancelling out all women's spaces and set-asides
-- trannies trying to take parents right out of the business of raising their own children so they can turn teens into more and more trannies
-- riots and flash mobs making all stores feel unsafe
-- bad foreign policy, the possibility of war, weakness
-- unpleasant and unpopular VP (we didn't like Sarah Palin, either: it's not enough just to be a woman!!)
-- unpleasant and anti-American House: the Squad and the hair-cover crew communists and the fake Indian

!! Yeah, they only come out for a prez. . . AND the issue of Democrat weather (bright sunshine) and Republican weather (pouring rain and sleet). I would always diagnose what sort of voting day it was (Republicans ALWAYS vote, no matter what) and for some reason that used to make my Democrat ex mad ------------ I can't THINK why.
:muahaha:
I think it is because most Dems are in urban areas. Everything in the city is a real bitch. My house in the city is 2.5 miles from Walmart. It takes me on average 24 minutes to get to Walmart. Then 10 minutes to find a parking spot. Then you walk into a store the size of a small town find your shit in about a half hour. Then you stand in line to pay for the shit typically 15 minutes to a half hour. You see where this is going right. You can have half a fucking day going to the grocery store. All day in voting. Meanwhile I am at my cabin on the lake right now. I went duck hunting this morning got my six birds, cleaned them and put the boat away already. Now I will take a shower, eat some breakfast, take a nap. Then around noon I will head to the bar-bait shop- restaurant. Have lunch drink a few beers talk to some of the other hunters and fishermen. Hang out there till dinner go down to Porky's bar and pizza have dinner by wait for the bartender who is half my age to end the dinner shift. Get some affection by about 730. She will leave around 930 because she has to drive into the city tomorrow go to school to become a veterinarian. I will be in bed asleep by ten up by 3:30 get my boat ready rinse and repeat. This will be my life till duck season is over Jan 3rd. Then on the 4th weather willing I will fish one last time and head to that fucking city till fishing charters start in mid March

Are we all remembering that there are more women voters than men voters? And that women registered to vote, vote MORE than men do?

Just saying.

So I am looking at women's issues for the midterms.

Anti-GOP:

-- Abortion rights possibly being curtailed
-- Trump not too popular with perhaps the majority of women -- but then, he's not running

Anti-Dem:

-- CRT in the schools, closed or open
-- Closed schools
-- immigrants flooding in illegally
-- the massive crime wave: a major woman's issue, since it's women and children they usually kill
-- inflation
-- bad economy
-- pandemic not being resolved: Biden now owns that, but he never fixes it
-- supply problems: I cannot believe these people saying there isn't one! Darn, it feels like Poland in the '80s!
-- trannies trying to take over being women and cancelling out all women's spaces and set-asides
-- trannies trying to take parents right out of the business of raising their own children so they can turn teens into more and more trannies
-- riots and flash mobs making all stores feel unsafe
-- bad foreign policy, the possibility of war, weakness
-- unpleasant and unpopular VP (we didn't like Sarah Palin, either: it's not enough just to be a woman!!)
-- unpleasant and anti-American House: the Squad and the hair-cover crew communists and the fake Indian
In close states/races hopefuls are going to pull a page from Younkin's playbook and keep Trump at arm's length while at the same time giving those that voted for Trump their head in the red counties/districts to drive the right-leaning percentages up.

That's important in the blue-burbs of the population centers where you can possibly have enough of a swing vote from disaffected left-leaning house-fraus (for reasons mentioned above) to keep the dem percentages down to a more manageable level instead of the vote bonanza the dems enjoyed within that voting block in 2020 due to the TDS.

I think it is because most Dems are in urban areas. Everything in the city is a real bitch. My house in the city is 2.5 miles from Walmart. It takes me on average 24 minutes to get to Walmart. Then 10 minutes to find a parking spot. Then you walk into a store the size of a small town find your shit in about a half hour. Then you stand in line to pay for the shit typically 15 minutes to a half hour. You see where this is going right. You can have half a fucking day going to the grocery store. All day in voting. Meanwhile I am at my cabin on the lake right now. I went duck hunting this morning got my six birds, cleaned them and put the boat away already. Now I will take a shower, eat some breakfast, take a nap. Then around noon I will head to the bar-bait shop- restaurant. Have lunch drink a few beers talk to some of the other hunters and fishermen. Hang out there till dinner go down to Porky's bar and pizza have dinner by wait for the bartender who is half my age to end the dinner shift. Get some affection by about 730. She will leave around 930 because she has to drive into the city tomorrow go to school to become a veterinarian. I will be in bed asleep by ten up by 3:30 get my boat ready rinse and repeat. This will be my life till duck season is over Jan 3rd. Then on the 4th weather willing I will fish one last time and head to that fucking city till fishing charters start in mid March
Ducks! Ducks! I love duck.

Yeah, I know what you mean. NORMALLY to vote we just went to the church down the road; we could have walked. Always plenty of parking. Now we vote by mail for good and sufficient reasons, but it used to be easy i person.

Ducks! Ducks! I love duck.

Yeah, I know what you mean. NORMALLY to vote we just went to the church down the road; we could have walked. Always plenty of parking. Now we vote by mail for good and sufficient reasons, but it used to be easy i person.
When I voted in the small town it was easy, quick and I would see people I know, we would have a nice conversation. I am slowly moving all my stuff to the lake and will eventually register to vote here. My kids and family are still in the city so I will keep a condo there until I convince them to move up here then f that city. I bought my license plates up here a few days ago. I walked in was told to grab a number drew 71. The moment it ripped off the lady across the counter said 71 and giggles. I am thinking why she even make me grab it. Last year did it in the city took 6 and a half hours to get my updated tags. What a pain.

Forum List

Back