Which Republican Senators would support Obama's Supreme Court nominee?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Assuming even McConnell realizes he can't table a Supreme Court nomination for a year

1. Susan Collins (ME): traditionally the most bipartisan Republican

2. Lindsey Graham (SC): fresh off a Presidential defeat, not too beholden to how his party treated him

3. John McCain (AZ): The old Maverick with strong traditional views of the process

4. Lisa Murkowski (AK): Write in candidate who was abandoned by her party

5. Mark Kirk (IL): Up for election in a blue state

Assuming even McConnell realizes he can't table a Supreme Court nomination for a year

2. Lindsey Graham (SC): fresh off a Presidential defeat, not too beholden to how his party treated him

3. John McCain (AZ): The old Maverick with strong traditional views of the process

I think they'll need a few more.

Hopefully they listen to their constituents on this matter: so that should make the total, O

and then we get to witness all the Faux outrage from the two faced hypocrites which would include Obama and his cult followers.

a post from someone who see what's coming
In 2006 Obama voted to filibuster Supreme Court Nominee Alito

Many of the Republican Senators are from blue states and have constituents who will not tolerate partisan gridlock in an election year

No one listens to Rinos anymore, dumbass
It can wait for the next president... Nothing pressing

Repub's are beginning to fold already. Johnson of WI and Tillis of NC are already backing off the "no hearing. no vote" position and Grassley shows an opening for holding the hearings.

Lindsay Graham in particular knows exactly what his constituents think of him siding with democrats. They reminded him everyday he was running for election on his website and FB page. It wasn't pretty. :)

Repub's are beginning to fold already. Johnson of WI and Tillis of NC are already backing off the "no hearing. no vote" position and Grassley shows an opening for holding the hearings.

Republican gridlock has become expected

But gridlock of this magnitude is unprecedented

Lindsay Graham in particular knows exactly what his constituents think of him siding with democrats. They reminded him everyday he was running for election on his website and FB page. It wasn't pretty. :)

I think Graham understands where he stands with his party

Makes him unlikely to step in line with McConnell

Which is why his constituents hate him. He always votes against their wishes.

BTW name a non partisan Democrat.

It's not up to ANY of them. It's up to the Senate Judiciary Committee to move any potential nominee to the Senate. Not gonna happen. Only Graham has a vote there and I don't even think Goober is stupid enough to do something like that. In any event, if a nominee does move to the Senate there is the "nuclear option" which will prevent any up or down vote. Dream on Libs... not gonna happen.

I'm afraid you're going to have to go into this election waving the "obstructionist" banner to get your base riled up to get out the vote and HOPE you can keep Hillary out of prison long enough to win the White House.

That must be why his constituents have re-elected him for twenty years.He was a Representative in the House for eight years before becoming a Senator.

Joe Manchin

It's not up to ANY of them. It's up to the Senate Judiciary Committee to move any potential nominee to the Senate. Not gonna happen. Only Graham has a vote there and I don't even think Goober is stupid enough to do something like that. In any event, if a nominee does move to the Senate there is the "nuclear option" which will prevent any up or down vote. Dream on Libs... not gonna happen.

I'm afraid you're going to have to go into this election waving the "obstructionist" banner to get your base riled up to get out the vote and HOPE you can keep Hillary out of prison long enough to win the White House.

I have not questioned whether a Republican hissy fit can block a nomination

Let the Senate Judiciary Committee block an Obama nominee
Then the next
Then the next

While Democrats have blocked Republican nominees in the past, they have never prevented a Republican President from filling a Supreme Court seat

To do so sets a precedent for partisan blocking of nominees pending a Presidential election. If Republicans do it for one year, what prevents future Democratic Senates from doing it for two years?

Most of them will. McConnell will fold before summer

Agreed.

A stealth moderate that will sell out on Gun Control and Immigration will be passed by the internationalist moderates. This has been in the works for a long time.

This is the end of the Republic.

Grassley decides if the Judiciary Committee holds hearings. Grassley has already begun to back peddle and said he would consider hearings, depending on who the nomination is. Translation=as long as the nomination is not an extremist and fits the definition of "moderate", a hearing will be held. Grassley is up for reelection this year.

Forum List

Back