Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
On September 11th 2001, I was in school in social studies class and our principal got onto the loud speaker to announce for a moment of silence as the first plane crashed into the world trade center and it was shortly after that we did the same thing for the second plane. Nearly three thousand people lost their lives that day and today we honor the memory of the lives that were taken twenty years ago today and all of the lives that were lost on flight ninety-three.

7930_source_1546879771__76995.1596480289.500.659.png

I had Good Morning America on and was preparing to drive to work in DC from a few highway s tops to the Pentagon when the first plane hit the Towers. Then there was the second plane. My route to work was along the road by the side of the Pentagon that the plane came in on, but it hadn't hit yet. I called my brother, who was recovering from a broken hip on the eighth floor of a hospital in New Jersey, close to Manhattan, where we grew up, to ask him whether he could see anything and telling him that we were under attack.

Then the plane hit the Pentagon, with an enormous explosion that shook my bathroom, where I was brushing my teeth. My Godmother and aunt was a USAF lifer, a nurse, and she taught me the it was okay to cry, but one must take action. There was little that I could do. The highway to the Pentagon was frozen. I went to the store and brought cold drinks for those responding and drove to the nearest hospital. Someone confronted me and asked whether I could give blood. Of course. When I went into that room and did it (weird that I couldn't stop bleeding even though I had my arm raised in the air and was sitting at the table for my juice and cookie). When I left that room and headed for the ER (because I had some experience in the ER caring for my father and I can lift patients, get towels, etc.), the halls were lined with blood donors. Hundreds. I I just sat there waiting to assist in any capacity.

But, thinking later on, the hospital that I was in was not a burn center, and the patients from the Pentagon were being taken to local hospitals that had dedicated burn units staffed with experts.

This is just one little American's 9/11 story. There is nothing heroic about it. I'm just saying that I remember this day and I did whatever it was in my power to do.

Last edited:
Thanks VERY much for your post. I was at home, my dad, who was leaving for work, told me something strange was going on in New York. At the time, it was thought that it was an accident. My dad had to leave for work, I sat before our television, transfixed as I watched the Two Towers come down. I was horrified and mystified about what manner of evil could commit such an awful crime. RIP to all of those we lost that day, and God Bless America, THE greatest country in the world.

I was at work when our daughter called and said to turn on the tv because a plane just hit the wtc. We turned it on just in time to see the second plane hit. Went home and got my rifle and 5 mags for it and the wife's gun and went back to work.

On September 11th 2001, I was in school in social studies class and our principal got onto the loud speaker to announce for a moment of silence as the first plane crashed into the world trade center and it was shortly after that we did the same thing for the second plane. Nearly three thousand people lost their lives that day and today we honor the memory of the lives that were taken twenty years ago today and all of the lives that were lost on flight ninety-three.

View attachment 537907

I remember thinking that Alan Jackson needed to do "the" song about 9/11. Then, I was watching the CMA Awards in November of that year and he debuted the song, and it took my breath away. I am pretty much over the emotional trauma, but that song always brings it right back.

Forum List

Back