Where do you stand? Gun Control

Where do you stand on the Gun Control Issue?

• Leave current gun owners alone but prohibit future gun sales to private Citizens

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted to ban multi-round clips but only those with >10 round capacity
I voted to ban gun stocks
I voted for mandatory training
So rifles should only have pistol grips..........

Oh and I never heard of a clip holding more than 8 rounds...... Magazines on the other hand........

Serious question here. Would you explain why most gun nuts get their panties in a knot about the difference between clips and magazines? Yes, I know magazine is the correct thechnical term, but damn, everybody knows what is being talked about. If I say I'm going to get a Coke, I might really be after a root beer, but I don't see where that should be a big issue. Looks like some are just looking for silly things to whine about.
Funny bone broke recently? :dunno:

If I really wanted to be pedantic I'd bitch about the modern use of the word 'decimate'....... :eusa_whistle:

Oh and I never heard of a clip holding more than 8 rounds...... Magazines on the other hand........
Just semantics, take it up with the OP. You're not anti-semantic are you?
Semantics? On a topic where there is sooo much misinformation/disinformation, and waaaayyy too many people weighing in that do not understand the terminology, the words we choose are very important, and we (all of us, on BOTH sides) must know and use the correct terms. It's hard enough to have a rational, civil discussion on this topic, we do not need to make it harder by misusing terms.

In short, it's not semantics when people do not universally understand the correct terms, and their uses.

I am a glutton for punishment. Was glutton the right word? Another barley pop and I'll get back to ya.

Semantics? On a topic where there is sooo much misinformation/disinformation, and waaaayyy too many people weighing in that do not understand the terminology, the words we choose are very important, and we (all of us, on BOTH sides) must know and use the correct terms. It's hard enough to have a rational, civil discussion on this topic, we do not need to make it harder by misusing terms.

In short, it's not semantics when people do not universally understand the correct terms, and their uses.
I understood what the OP meant and that was good enough for me.

Serious question here. Would you explain why most gun nuts get their panties in a knot about the difference between clips and magazines? Yes, I know magazine is the correct thechnical term, but damn, everybody knows what is being talked about. If I say I'm going to get a Coke, I might really be after a root beer, but I don't see where that should be a big issue. Looks like some are just looking for silly things to whine about.

If I really wanted to be pedantic I'd bitch about the modern use of the word 'decimate'....... :eusa_whistle:

Ok. It wasn't that funny, but I appreciate the effort. You been taking funny lessons from ropey? I wasn't really trying to poke you with a stick. You happened to make the distinction as I was considering the difference. Your post got the question.

Ok. It wasn't that funny, but I appreciate the effort. You been taking funny lessons from ropey? I wasn't really trying to poke you with a stick. You happened to make the distinction as I was considering the difference. Your post got the question.
Soooooo, you thought I was being serious...... How long have you known me now?
By the way, it was funny...... If someone wasn't being serious......... :eusa_whistle:

so you don't understand what is being talking about when it was called a clip?

By the way, it was funny...... If someone wasn't being serious......... :eusa_whistle:

Sure. If you think it was funny, I'll go along with it. Now you have to laugh when I say something that I think is funny, even if it isn't. Deal?

After debating the issue for weeks it occurred to me that there are many different opinions on the subject.

So where do you stand?

You can vote for as many options as you would like. Your vote is public.

I voted for the current laws are sufficient option.

DAMN - Not gun stalks, BUMP STOCKS (good lord Pop - No more beer for you!)

Not me, I voted to ban people.

That should fix everything.

I feel your pain, I didn't get any props for my anti-semantic line. :crybaby:
Sorry........, missed that one. But do you know the difference between a gun stock and a bump stock....... That's the real question. :eusa_whistle:

Oh and I'm as anti-semantic as one can get........, unless I'm being semantic........

so you don't understand what is being talking about when it was called a clip?
giphy.gif

That one was funny.
:D

Oh and BTW, 'decimate' means to "reduce by ten percent"........... :eusa_whistle:

Now is that pedantic or what? :thup:

Pandemic!

Damn, I don't have my shots!
Use a pepperbox..........

pepper_2.jpg

Sorry........, missed that one. But do you know the difference between a gun stock and a bump stock....... That's the real question. :eusa_whistle:
No prob. I thought the difference was obvious from the context: or other equipment that allows a semi auto to fire quickly

Oh and I'm as anti-semantic as one can get........, unless I'm being semantic........
I'll have to take your word for it.

After debating the issue for weeks it occurred to me that there are many different opinions on the subject.

So where do you stand?

The gun laws as they are written are too convoluted, and stupid. The goal is to keep bad people from getting guns. The way to do that is to keep bad people away from guns. The only way that that can be done is when a bad person commits a violent crime, they go to prison for a very, very long time. If they do the crime with a gun, they never get out. Laws that keep innocent people from obtaining guns provably do not work. Thomas Jefferson said it best...

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Oh and I voted for a shiny new tank. Barring that my next choice would be an Apache...... shiny or otherwise........

maxresdefault.jpg

People who use Coke when talking about any kind of soda annoy the hell out of me. :p

I don't care about clip and magazine, though! :D

So where do you stand?

Somewhere between “The current laws are sufficient. Leave them as they are.” And “The current gun laws are too restrictive.”

Waiting periods, age restrictions, magazine capacity limitations, and license and registration requirements are too restrictive.

Assault rifle bans are likewise unwarranted and likely un-Constitutional.

No problem with background checks and license requirements for carrying concealed firearms.

Indifferent toward laws prohibiting the open carrying of firearms.

Because certain people will never "play by the rules", to me, everyone else should be allowed to take whatever precautions need to be taken.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back