Where do religious folk who are climate deniers reconcile this?

Where I live, the average temperature goes from below freezing in Jan to a hundred in July.

Not in 50 years, but in six months... and, somehow, we've been able to survive as a community for nearly 200 years.

chicagotribunelakefront_grande.jpg

I'm not sure anyone is going to notice another degree in a human lifetime.
Won't be noticeable...

australiandrought.jpg

Trying to grow cows without grass and water? Did he learn ranching at Berkeley?

Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...

I'm so stung by your moniker of climate denier that I am unable to process this post

Just kidding I laughed out loud. I'm being honest. Right out loud

You will never get the experience to know that there really is a God if you only go looking for evidence.

Through faith you will.

Exactly. Faith. And it just so happens if you are born in Israel, your God is the only one. If you are born in Saudi Arabia, allah is the one and Mohammad the prophet. And if you are born in the Bible Belt Jesus is the one yadda, yadda yadda. You do realise a lot - and I mean an absolute shitload - of allegories surrounding Christianity for example such as the virgin birth and turning water in wine etc - are from other religions preceding Christianity. You do know that right?

WHOA....wait a minute, this is groundbreaking.

I never heard that. Anyone else ever heard that???

Dang. I might have to rethink the entire thing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Not too sure if this is current events (climate change) or religion (Christianity).

Climate deniers are always rambling on about empirical evidence not being available on humans causing climate change (even though scientists use the well-proven and peer-reviewed modelling method that show unequivocally that we are having a negative effect), yet there is absolutely zero evidence of a god. Only faith. It seems - and I'm only going on anecdotal evidence on this board - that almost all climate-change-is-being-caused-by-humans deniers are conservatives, and quite a few are Christians. Seems hypocrisy to me...
I'm an atheist.

Us reasonable and rational people think the Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming (CAGW) hypothesis is unsupported by any compelling scientific evidence presented by even it's most vocal proponents.

It's just another typical doomsday cult scam.

The world will end in a cataclysmic doomsday catastrophe if you don't give me money. :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

So fuck off. I'm not buying it.

Why do you?

Last edited:
A desert where people aren't dying ... imagine that. People are growing food and gardens in places where it's warm.
Depends on where they can steal water from. But if you want to pretend that a 1 °C rise in global temperature is not noticeable, who am I to interfere with your religion.

A desert where people aren't dying ... imagine that. People are growing food and gardens in places where it's warm.
Depends on where they can steal water from. But if you want to pretend that a 1 °C rise in global temperature is not noticeable, who am I to interfere with your religion.

So, it's your assertion that a one degree change in temperature will cause all water and grass to disappear? And you're accusing me of being dogmatic?

Please tell me you aren't asking to be taken seriously.

Lol....you present this as if there are a handful of "deniers". Most people are deniers you dope....doy....the public has known about the 97% for a decade. Voters dont give a shit!!

Most climate crusaders are matrix dwellers who fail to properly assess the landscape. The science doesnt matter for dick unless it transcends it's own field. It doesnt.....which obviously makes the majority deniers by definition. Duh :aug08_031::aug08_031:

Climate change action is not at all on congress' radar. For 20 years now.....doesnt have to be. The voters dont care!!:bye1:

Ive watched the bobblehead climate nutters ramble on and on and on and on about " the science" for 10 years in here! Hasnt moved the football a single yard on climate change action. And they still take bows in front of their billboard!!!:deal::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Peer reviewed computer modeling...suspect to many....we believe a God powerful enough to create us this planet and the universe would not make it so easy to destroy...a few hundred years of us and the world can't take it?...the whole idea is laughable at best that us puny humans can save the planet if we all change the way we live...the way they tell us to live....no thanks I need more than a computer model to do that....

If it's laughable that man could destroy the world after just a few hundred years, why do you think he caused a flood to kill everybody and everything except just a few people and animals? How many hundred years do you think it was between what you think was the creation, and what you think was a world wide flood?

Well s0n.....best get started building that emergency ark! Post up some pics when you finish so we can help name it.....something like....

SS I'm So Hysterical

You will never get the experience to know that there really is a God if you only go looking for evidence.

Through faith you will.

Exactly. Faith. And it just so happens if you are born in Israel, your God is the only one. If you are born in Saudi Arabia, allah is the one and Mohammad the prophet. And if you are born in the Bible Belt Jesus is the one yadda, yadda yadda. You do realise a lot - and I mean an absolute shitload - of allegories surrounding Christianity for example such as the virgin birth and turning water in wine etc - are from other religions preceding Christianity. You do know that right?

Exactly faith that's why AGW is a cult/religion, you have to have faith in no data.

Forum List

Back