Where America's Sovereignty Ends

Everyday that we fail to secure our borders we lose a little sovereignty.
Every time an illegal alien is arrested and we fail to deport them we lose a little sovereignty.

Guy, the problem isn't the illegals.

It's the rich people who hire them because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage.

So while they get all you mouth breathers upset that they are here, let's not forget who invited them here to start with.

If they were invited, why are they called "illegal aliens"? The "invited" ones have work visa's, they didn't sneak into the country illegally.
If I hire Mary to do my laundry, vacuum my carpet and wash my dishes, that is a legal contract.
If Mary breaks into my house, does my laundry, vacuums my carpet and washes my dishes then demands that I allow her to live in my house, that is a criminal act.

That's an idiotic statement.

Clearly someone DID invite illegals in the guise that they offered them jobs knowing they were illegals. Maria was hired because they didn't want to pay Mary a fair wage.

Of course, you can always pretend you didn't know Maria was illegal.

[

Depends. The problem isn't the illegal doing them, it's the rich person who doesn't want to pay an American do them.

This is where we have this ass-backwards. We should be going after the people who hire them, not the people who take the jobs.

And the OP points out exactly who is giving the job, the CA government in this case, yet you don't seem to be going after them, rather, you seem to be supporting it. I find it interesting that you can hold two completely opposite opinions at the same time and then call me a "mouth breather".

Well, they aren't opposite opinions.

But being a mouth-breather, you probably don't get it even after I explain it to you.

Okay- one more time- This undocumented worker did all the things required to get a law license, and under the laws passed by the State of California, he can be admittted to the bar.

NOt really the same as giving him a job, they just say he can perform his chosen profession.

It's the rich people who hire them because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage.

So while they get all you mouth breathers upset that they are here, let's not forget who invited them here to start with.

If they were invited, why are they called "illegal aliens"? The "invited" ones have work visa's, they didn't sneak into the country illegally.
If I hire Mary to do my laundry, vacuum my carpet and wash my dishes, that is a legal contract.
If Mary breaks into my house, does my laundry, vacuums my carpet and washes my dishes then demands that I allow her to live in my house, that is a criminal act.

Clearly someone DID invite illegals in the guise that they offered them jobs knowing they were illegals. Maria was hired because they didn't want to pay Mary a fair wage.

Holy Sheeshkabob!!!!

You're right, ErroneousJoe!!!!!

I saw the want ad in the classified/undocumented section.....it was clearly published in the California papers:

"Wanted....Illegal aliens needed to fill the roles of the American Bar Association!!!

Not enough lawyers to plead the cases of felons.....

Monkey wrench needed to toss into the judicial process!!!

Hurry....swim, hitch a ride, overstay a visa....whatever you can...

...be an- as crazy as it sounds- Illegal Alien American Lawyer!

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!"

I believe the ad was paid for by taxing citizens......

Do you actually have that ad, or are you just blowing smoke, PC?

You see, most sane people think it's pretty awesome this kid stayed in school, got a law degree, and worked very hard and will probably give a lot back to his community.

But not the Right Wing. They wouldn't be happy if they didn't have scapegoats to distract from the people really ruining America...

I currently work for a Fortune 500 company that employs over 70,000 people in the continental US. Obviously, the company is run by rich people. There is an entire department that makes sure all employees have the legal right to work in the US, either because they are a citizen or they have a work visa. In fact, every company I have worked for in the past 25+ years had a department dedicated to I-9 compliance.
Your insinuation that the rich (or companies) are intentionally hiring illegal aliens doesn't have merit to it.

[
I currently work for a Fortune 500 company that employs over 70,000 people in the continental US. Obviously, the company is run by rich people. There is an entire department that makes sure all employees have the legal right to work in the US, either because they are a citizen or they have a work visa. In fact, every company I have worked for in the past 25+ years had a department dedicated to I-9 compliance.
Your insinuation that the rich (or companies) are intentionally hiring illegal aliens doesn't have merit to it.

except that rich people and companies totally do that...

Yeah, big Fortune 500 Companies won't do that. The publicity would be pretty awful if they did.

In fact, I would go so far to say that most companies ARE actually doing it the right way.

And then you have the company I worked for, that brought in "Day Laborers" to do the scrub work, and they got them through an agency so they had plausible deniability.

So here's a whacky idea. INstead of trying to hound the kid who stays in school and gets a law degree, let's go after the marginal operator who hires an illegal.

[

Yeah, big Fortune 500 Companies won't do that. The publicity would be pretty awful if they did.

In fact, I would go so far to say that most companies ARE actually doing it the right way.

And then you have the company I worked for, that brought in "Day Laborers" to do the scrub work, and they got them through an agency so they had plausible deniability.

So here's a whacky idea. INstead of trying to hound the kid who stays in school and gets a law degree, let's go after the marginal operator who hires an illegal.

Actually, my biggest concern is that these multi-national corporations (and I work for one) have placed themselves above nations in general.

That's what worries me. Because that's a bigger threat to "Democracy" and "Freedom" than you fools having to register your guns or having to share your lunch with an illegal alien.

Depends. The problem isn't the illegal doing them, it's the rich person who doesn't want to pay an American do them.

This is where we have this ass-backwards. We should be going after the people who hire them, not the people who take the jobs.
Your anecdotal "the company I worked for", is merely that, anecdotal.
But it does beg the question, why would you work for a company like that?
Even more interesting is that you say you work for a multi-national company that hires day-laborers. My bullshit meter just maxed out on that one.

[

Actually, my biggest concern is that these multi-national corporations (and I work for one) have placed themselves above nations in general.

That's what worries me. Because that's a bigger threat to "Democracy" and "Freedom" than you fools having to register your guns or having to share your lunch with an illegal alien.

Your anecdotal "the company I worked for", is merely that, anecdotal.
But it does beg the question, why would you work for a company like that?
Even more interesting is that you say you work for a multi-national company that hires day-laborers. My bullshit meter just maxed out on that one.

Now he's trying to Cherry Pick to find contradictions.

Don't worry, you won't.

The last company I worked for, the one that cured me of all Republican Stupidity, the one that fired me after I ran up some medical bills- that's the one that hired the "Day Laborers". And yeah, that should have been a clue that I was working for some shady operators. So was the two ladies they fired for getting pregnant.

It is not the Multi-National Corporation I work for now.

But I know that after I outed you for the racist you are, you have blown a gasket. Which is typical.

Hey, the Dry Cleaner called... they say your sheets are ready.

Forum List

Back