Where America's Sovereignty Ends

you cant get much more UNAmerican than destroying the integrity of elections huh

Funny how thing change. But they do.

Seems that those without a deep affection for this nation couldn't care less, huh.

Meh, can't get worked up about this issue.

You know what I do get worked up about?

That big corporations take American Jobs every day and ship them to Mexico, to China, to Malaysia, to India, undermining our industrial infrastructure and middle class lifestyles.

That's what I get upset about.
Are you just as worked up about Toyota and Nissan shipping jobs overseas (from Japan to The United States)?
Are you just as worked up about BMW, Volkswagen and Siemens shipping jobs overseas (from Germany to The United States)?

Not that some illegal alien got a law license.
Does it not bother you in the least that an American citizen may have just lost his job to an illegal alien? Or is this a job that "Americans won't do"?

Funny how thing change. But they do.

Seems that those without a deep affection for this nation couldn't care less, huh.

yeah like the ones who think humans are mostly BAD .

the ones who like to see the republican party cheating people out of their votes so they can win power illegally

I'm one who believes that folks aren't 'mostly good.'

And that's exactly what our Founders believed. as well.

That's why they put checks and balances into our founding documents.

Why don't you acknowledge the United States Constitution?
Do you hate America?

Your points are silly; the sky is not falling.

Any time a nation enters into an international treaty, one could say that it gives up a bit of its sovereignty - it acknowledges the interests of some other sovereign nation or nations and makes a mutual accommodation. Giving up the Panama Canal was an abdication of U.S. sovereignty, but approved by the Senate. Done deal. So what? Maybe you disagree, but the legal processes were followed.

This is why treaties must be ratified by Congress, as do any other undertakings that involve relinquishing any rights that the Sovereign (i.e., Federal Government) has heretofore claimed, whether legitimately or otherwise.

Consider the Kyoto Protocols and the L.O.S.T. Both have been proposed for U.S. acceptance but rejected by the Senate - so they are not binding on us, despite promises from a President or two that we would sign on.

Just because some politician proposes that we sign a treaty doesn't make them un-American.

There is nothing wrong with the Congress considering foreign laws and precedents when debating legislation, but I agree that the Supreme Court has no business taking them into consideration when ruling on AMERICAN laws.

"... the Supreme Court has no business taking them into consideration when ruling on AMERICAN laws."

I'll drink to that.

Um...might you explain your philosophy of law and what would replace a thousand years of The Common Law? Aren't many of the "AMERICAN laws" founded on such foreign instruments as the English Magna Carta and the various French Declarations of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen and the Declaration of Human and Civic Rights?

Maybe you prefer the laws of our nation which spit on these instruments by allowing the ownership of others human beings and depriving them of liberty, freedom, their pursuit of happiness and even their very existence?

Everyday that we fail to secure our borders we lose a little sovereignty.
Every time an illegal alien is arrested and we fail to deport them we lose a little sovereignty.

The concept of sovereignty originated with a monarch having supreme power over his kingdom.

sov•er•eign•ty (ˈsɒv rɪn ti, ˈsʌv-)

n., pl. -ties.
1. the quality or state of being sovereign.
2. the status, dominion, power, or authority of a sovereign; royalty.
3. supreme and independent power or authority in a state.

As a nation that was founded on the principle that We the People are equal and rejected the concept of a sovereign to rule over everyone. This was reinforced by generations of immigrants "yearning to breathe free".

So it is ironic that We the People are now claiming sovereignty and demeaning those who are doing the same thing as generations of forefathers did when coming to this nation.

Since PC is too buy to defend her claim on "AMERICAN law" would it be too silly to argue that the Ten Commandments are of foreign origin? Not only did they not originate in the United States (which for those not too keen on history, didn't exist as a sovereign nation in the time of Moses) and, if in fact they came directly from God, not even from this planet (assuming Heaven is up there, somewhere).

What say you PC, are the Ten Commandments to be used within the practice of stare decisis by the Supreme Court? Would that be kosher for use in "AMERICAN law", within your Philosophy of Law? Or would Precedent always be ignored and only the strict reading of the words in the Constitution be used to determine a decision, without concern for the consequences of such a ruling?

Last edited:
[

Good analysis, Joey....

Yeah, boyyyyyyyeee

This was the best you can come up with, "Well, well, well... OBAMA!!!"

It was far better than the Leftist propaganda that you posted.

We both know it was, because of how painful it was for you to include it in this post.

As the famed Brown Bomber said: you can run but you can't hide.

Well, no, actually, I usually ignore your meandering posts becaue you never get to a point.

Point is, try to stay on subject.

I don't worry about an illegal practicing law.

I do worry about manufacturing jobs going overseas. And so would you if you had a lick of brains.

But frankly, you do what you usually do when confronted...

BUT BUT BUT OOOOOOOOBAMA !!!!!

I hope the man is paying rent for all the space he occupies in your head.

Every time an illegal alien is arrested and we fail to deport them we lose a little sovereignty.

Guy, the problem isn't the illegals.

It's the rich people who hire them because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage.

So while they get all you mouth breathers upset that they are here, let's not forget who invited them here to start with.

[
Are you just as worked up about Toyota and Nissan shipping jobs overseas (from Japan to The United States)?
Are you just as worked up about BMW, Volkswagen and Siemens shipping jobs overseas (from Germany to The United States)?

Actually, my biggest concern is that these multi-national corporations (and I work for one) have placed themselves above nations in general.

That's what worries me. Because that's a bigger threat to "Democracy" and "Freedom" than you fools having to register your guns or having to share your lunch with an illegal alien.

[
Does it not bother you in the least that an American citizen may have just lost his job to an illegal alien? Or is this a job that "Americans won't do"?

Depends. The problem isn't the illegal doing them, it's the rich person who doesn't want to pay an American do them.

This is where we have this ass-backwards. We should be going after the people who hire them, not the people who take the jobs.

This was the best you can come up with, "Well, well, well... OBAMA!!!"

We both know it was, because of how painful it was for you to include it in this post.

Well, no, actually, I usually ignore your meandering posts becaue you never get to a point.

I do worry about manufacturing jobs going overseas. And so would you if you had a lick of brains.

You're fibbing.....

You know very well that I provided the better part of a dozen examples of the emperor....er, President, outsourcing jobs as he was blaming the other side for doing same.

I don't mind.
Careless handling of the truth is pretty much the default for you guys.

You're fibbing.....

You know very well that I provided the better part of a dozen examples of the emperor....er, President, outsourcing jobs as he was blaming the other side for doing same.

I don't mind.

What you did was play Seven Degrees of Barack Obama... Obama knew a guy who invested in a company that sent jobs overseas...

Keep your eye on your own argument, 'kay.

You are saying that some illegal alien who worked hard, passed the bar and got his law degree getting the righ to practice law is a HORRIBLE affront on our sovereignty.

No, seriously, you said this with a straight face.

And, really, not so much.

You're fibbing.....

I don't mind.

What you did was play Seven Degrees of Barack Obama... Obama knew a guy who invested in a company that sent jobs overseas...

Keep your eye on your own argument, 'kay.

You are saying that some illegal alien who worked hard, passed the bar and got his law degree getting the righ to practice law is a HORRIBLE affront on our sovereignty.

No, seriously, you said this with a straight face.

And, really, not so much.

"... illegal alien...."

il·le·gal (-lgl)
adj.
1. Prohibited by law.
2. Prohibited by official rules: an illegal pass in football.
3. Unacceptable to or not performable by a computer: an illegal operation.
n.
An illegal immigrant.

Great...a 'prohibited by law' lawyer.

Don't pretend you're even dumber than usual.

[

"... illegal alien...."

il·le·gal (-lgl)
adj.
1. Prohibited by law.
n.
An illegal immigrant.

No, I just simply don't care.

I mean, I know the plutocrats who bring illegal aliens into this country to provide cheap labor also keep stupid people like you upset about the issue...

But me, Naw, just simply do not give a fuck. Just because you let the plutocrats play you, doesnt mean I have to play along.

[

"... illegal alien...."

il·le·gal (-lgl)
adj.
1. Prohibited by law.
n.
An illegal immigrant.

I mean, I know the plutocrats who bring illegal aliens into this country to provide cheap labor also keep stupid people like you upset about the issue...

But me, Naw, just simply do not give a fuck. Just because you let the plutocrats play you, doesnt mean I have to play along.

A ragged retreat.....but a retreat all the same.

Good start.

Don't ever look back.

[

"... illegal alien...."

il·le·gal (-lgl)
adj.
1. Prohibited by law.
n.
An illegal immigrant.

Good start.

Don't ever look back.

No, not really...

here's an image of what talking to you is like.

0ugb0.jpg

Good start.

Don't ever look back.

No, not really...

here's an image of what talking to you is like.

0ugb0.jpg

Which one is me?

It's the rich people who hire them because they don't want to pay an American a fair wage.

So while they get all you mouth breathers upset that they are here, let's not forget who invited them here to start with.

If they were invited, why are they called "illegal aliens"? The "invited" ones have work visa's, they didn't sneak into the country illegally.
If I hire Mary to do my laundry, vacuum my carpet and wash my dishes, that is a legal contract.
If Mary breaks into my house, does my laundry, vacuums my carpet and washes my dishes then demands that I allow her to live in my house, that is a criminal act.

If they were invited, why are they called "illegal aliens"? The "invited" ones have work visa's, they didn't sneak into the country illegally.
If I hire Mary to do my laundry, vacuum my carpet and wash my dishes, that is a legal contract.
If Mary breaks into my house, does my laundry, vacuums my carpet and washes my dishes then demands that I allow her to live in my house, that is a criminal act.

"Woman Breaks Into House — And Cleans It

A woman from Elyria, Ohio, allegedly broke into a nearby residence last May just to tidy it up"

Woman Breaks Into House — And Cleans It | TIME.com Woman Breaks Into House ? And Cleans It | TIME.com

[

Actually, my biggest concern is that these multi-national corporations (and I work for one) have placed themselves above nations in general.

That's what worries me. Because that's a bigger threat to "Democracy" and "Freedom" than you fools having to register your guns or having to share your lunch with an illegal alien.

[

Depends. The problem isn't the illegal doing them, it's the rich person who doesn't want to pay an American do them.

This is where we have this ass-backwards. We should be going after the people who hire them, not the people who take the jobs.

And the OP points out exactly who is giving the job, the CA government in this case, yet you don't seem to be going after them, rather, you seem to be supporting it. I find it interesting that you can hold two completely opposite opinions at the same time and then call me a "mouth breather".

Forum List

Back