~When You Die~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Ok, after the suicide thread, I have another thing on my mind~
I'm not afraid to die (can't you tell??)
I used to be, but after I lost my Mother--well, I'm not afraid anymore.
But anyway, if you were given the chance to know when you were going to die, the date of your death, would you want to know??
Yes this is a serious question...some may say a big fat NO!..then others, like myself, might say Yes, I would most definitely like to know when my time is up~

Yes, I would want to know. I'm not afraid of dying either. Every night I ask "can you take me NOW?" and every morning I wake up. But there are my fur children, wagging their tails, so I get up, make coffee and go about my day.
I'd still want to know though. Recon, sorta thing. Plans to add or dismiss, so to speak.

We adamantly cling to this life being reality, and the hereafter illusion

what if, we found the inverse true?

We adamantly cling to this life being reality, and the hereafter illusion

what if, we found the inverse true?

For me Sparky, even tho I have everything in order, as far as wills and etc.--I would like to know the date of my death, so I can assure myself that I will be spending the last few days/hours that I have left, doing what I want to do.
It's like paying a bill to me, "well I know such & such is due on this date"...so I would like the opportunity to know when my last day on earth is.
Think about the Hospice people. They KNOW...they may not know the exact date, but they know their time here on earth is fast coming to an end.

No. There's so few real, true surprises in life. Besides, if I knew then I'd waste my time counting down the time. Who wants that?

That cat in the nursing home knew too. News story about it. That cat didn't let them go alone. It always jumped up on the bed with them and stayed there until they passed.

One of my dogs can smell my RA. When it is on hiatus, she wants to play ball. When I can't throw it, or even get out of bed, she licks my wrists and fingers, ankles and toes, one elbow. She knows. Animals can tell, too. Wish I could. I have everything in order too. I'm just biding my time. When the ex is gone and the fur kids are gone, there is nothing left here for me.

You guys have to read a great book - "Heaven is for Real."

A kid's view of heaven. He briefly went there during surgery and wow! What a story he tells.

I will look it up.
I have a fascination for near death experiences too. I read many stories about it when I surf google.

Right now, I'm going to surf to bed. Its 5am. Maybe I can sleep now.

I will look it up.
I have a fascination for near death experiences too. I read many stories about it when I surf google.

Right now, I'm going to surf to bed. Its 5am. Maybe I can sleep now.

Grace - I read it on a plane - from Phoenix - to - DC. Couldn't put it down. You will be amazed....

Have a good sleep.

If I were terminal....I would want to know

Otherwise, I would just as soon go on with my life on a day to day basis

But anyway, if you were given the chance to know when you were going to die, the date of your death, would you want to know??
Yes this is a serious question...some may say a big fat NO!..then others, like myself, might say Yes, I would most definitely like to know when my time is up~

No way.

I don't need to know, but if somebody just HAD to tell me I guess I wouldn't mind.

(You're really fascinated with this death stuff, eh?)

One thing that confuses me. It seems that the more one professes to believe in an afterlife the harder they hold on to this life and keep their loved ones alive at almost any cost.

Why is that?

That cat in the nursing home knew too. News story about it. That cat didn't let them go alone. It always jumped up on the bed with them and stayed there until they passed.

One of my dogs can smell my RA. When it is on hiatus, she wants to play ball. When I can't throw it, or even get out of bed, she licks my wrists and fingers, ankles and toes, one elbow. She knows. Animals can tell, too. Wish I could. I have everything in order too. I'm just biding my time. When the ex is gone and the fur kids are gone, there is nothing left here for me.
I lost 3 furry friends in one year. Now I have 2 more.

If my ole lady goes it will kill me. We must go on. She's the best woman I've met. I know one of us is gonna be alone eventually.

Last edited:

I don't need to know, but if somebody just HAD to tell me I guess I wouldn't mind.

(You're really fascinated with this death stuff, eh?)[/QUOTE]

Sorry xsited, but I do not run from anything that deals with death.
It's going to face me head on with or without my welcome, so why be scared??
I really wish I had went in to forensics, I would like to be a Medical Examiner or are you ready?.....a mortician~
Somebody has to take care of those who die and I could do it with grace, dignity and compassion.
I watched my Mother pass away and I watched my Dad pass away....both were not an experience I shall ever forget.
Death is morbid to many, but it fascinates me...and if they told me tonight, that tomorrow was my last day, I would spend time with my children and grandchildren, making sure each and every one of them knows how much I love them.
That would be all that mattered.

Available in Instant Play. Very good movie, but subtitled.

Departures(Okuribito)
2008 PG-13 131 minutes
Freshly unemployed, young cellist Daigo (Masahiro Motoki) has an epiphany in which he realizes he's been heading down the wrong career path. Retreating to his hometown, he trains for a new professional role as a nakanshi, or one who prepares the dead for burial. Tsutomu Yamazaki provides comic relief as Daigo's eccentric mentor in director Yojiro Takita's Oscar-winning, richly detailed -- if unlikely -- drama about finding your bliss.

Cast:Masahiro Motoki, Tsutomu Yamazaki, Ryoko Hirosue, Kazuko Yoshiyuki, Kimiko Yo, Takashi Sasano, Tôru Minegishi, Tetta Sugimoto, Yukiko Tachibana, Tatsuo Yamada Director:Yôjirô Takita Genres:Foreign, Foreign Dramas, Japan, Japanese Language Language:JapaneseThis movie is:Emotional, Sentimental, Understated Availability

Forum List

Back