when will the left condemn China's increase in Russian oil purchases ?

it is no secrete that the Russian governments main source of income is oil and coal ..... with that being said it appears that China's increase in Russian energy purchases will help to offset the recent sanctions put on Russian energy by the west .. the question being asked is will the left in the US condemn China's recent actions that will enable Russia to continue to wage war on Ukraine ?? China Welcomes Russian Oil Tankers With Alternative Payment Options
The importance is in the suggestion that China will accept alternative methods of payment.

How much of the US sanctions is offset by China?

I think there are indications that the BRICS are willing to close the circle and they have the resources to go it along if necessary.

It won't be necessary because many other countries don't care about the US making gains in the Ukraine.

After all the propaganda to uphold Ukraine, could it be that this war has no more consequences for the world's countries than the Iraq war had? The only real distinction is the skin colour of the victim pawns. Aside from the much higher level of brutality and destruction suffered by the Iraqi people.

In any case, let's all hope that a way to peace is found before an equal number of Ukrainians and Russians die.

The Left will never condemn China, so this is what Putin should do... :biggrin:

Putin Dons President Xi Mask So Companies Will Stop Boycotting Them ( The BabylonBee)

1646780243307.png

I thought oil was bad for global climate change? In addition to the impact on a major geopolitical event, the Left is comparatively silent on China and fossil fuels.

so you are saying democrat leaders never condemn another countries actions ? you are deflecting ...

Sheesh. I said what I said. People condemn all sorts of things. It's not going to stop China from buying Russian oil.

China has taken great advantages of our missteps in trying to run the world.

Yet they can greatly influence who can trade with who. If our goal is to shutdown the Russian economy, shouldn't we throw as much influence into stopping anyone that helps prop them up?

Start a war with China?

You don't know that they steal our tech with impunity? That they manipulate currencies? That they rule their people with an iron fist? That they jail and "disappear" dissenters and journalists?

Hasn't Tucker or Sean told you about that? Or are you defending them?

Holy crap.

In regards to oil purchase, which is the topic, no rules are being broken.

Focus dust mite, focus!!

You don't know that they steal our tech with impunity?

In the early 40's we told England that we would only help them with their issues with Germany if they would turn their research over to us.

That is what China largely does. They tell outside companies that if they want to come to China and exploit their cheap labor they they have to turn over their research to them. Companies freely did it.

Have we started a war with Russia? We were talking sanctions. Or do you feel sanctions are a legitimate reason to start a war?

I do not support sanctions. As I said, they don't work. What exactly did decades of sanctions on Cuba do? We sanctioned Venezuela but now we are rethinking that to benefit us, not because anything changed.

We can sanction Russian oil but China (and other countries) will simply pick up the slack. We can enact sanction after sanction and countries will adapt.

Condemn all you want. My point is it does no good. Changes largely have to come about internally.
A better point is dont do business with china

make them achieve world domination the hard way if at all

Forum List

Back