When the world has abundant food and energy, the left will force us to have less, and create scarcity....

Dirt poor have fewer options for family planning and healthcare. I don't know the numbers but I bet the infant mortality is significantly higher and retirement options are not. You have to have enough surviving children to care for you in your old age.
Third world population is exploding, It's one of the world's biggest problems. I see no effort to even curtail it.

It is exported to make profits for the corrupt government, and the westerners who bring it out of the ground.

The left in the western industrialized countries are doing all they can to prevent African countries from having access to cheap energy...
News to me. Can you back that up?

As economic conditions improve, population growth declines. Anything we can do to improve living standards will slow that growth.

And that is why we need to get out of the way of Africa and other countries increasing their energy supply and access.......energy equals improved standards of living.....and with that, people have fewer children all on their own..without the government pushing them to murder their babies.

And that is why we need to get out of the way of Africa and other countries increasing their energy supply and access.......energy equals improved standards of living.....and with that, people have fewer children all on their own..without the government pushing them to murder their babies.
I agree but importing oil or coal is not the answer. They need to develop their own, native sources of energy. A mix of renewables, fossil fuels, and nuclear would be the way forward for them.

I agree but importing oil or coal is not the answer. They need to develop their own, native sources of energy. A mix of renewables, fossil fuels, and nuclear would be the way forward for them.

The leftists of the west won't allow it. That is the problem.

I don't care what energy is used as long as it is cheap, reliable, and plentiful....the left hates any energy that meets those three things...........

Solar and wind are dumb.......the most efficient are oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear.......

This......

This promised paradise is a sham built on wishful thinking and green marketing. Consider the experience of Dharnai, an Indian village that Greenpeace in 2014 tried to turn into the country’s first solar-powered community.

Greenpeace received glowing global media attention when it declared that Dharnai would refuse “to give into the trap of the fossil fuel industry.” But the day the village’s solar electricity was turned on, the batteries were drained within hours. One boy remembers being unable to do his homework early in the morning because there wasn’t enough power for his family’s one lamp.

Villagers were told not to use refrigerators or televisions because they would exhaust the system. They couldn’t use cookstoves and had to continue burning wood and dung, which creates air pollution as dangerous for a person’s health as smoking two packs of cigarettesa day, according to the World Health Organization. Across the developing world, millions die prematurely every year because of this indoor pollution.

In August 2014, Greenpeace invited one of the Indian’s state’s top politicians, who soon after become its chief minister, to admire the organization’s handiwork. He was met by a crowd waving signs and chanting that they wanted “real electricity” to replace this “fake electricity.”

When Dharnai was finally connected to the main power grid, which is overwhelmingly coal-powered, villagers quickly dropped their solar connections.

An academic study found a big reason was that the grid’s electricity cost one-third of what the solar energy did. What’s more, it was plentiful enough to actually power such appliances as TV sets and stoves. Today, Dharnai’s disused solar-energy system is covered in thick dust, and the project site is a cattle shelter.

[/URL]

The leftists of the west won't allow it. That is the problem.

I don't care what energy is used as long as it is cheap, reliable, and plentiful....the left hates any energy that meets those three things...........

Solar and wind are dumb.......the most efficient are oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear.......
Energy is a very complex issue and there is no single answer. There are cases where solar and wind are the smart way to go. There are few reserves of oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear material in Hawaii so solar and wind will likely become ever larger producers of energy.

This......

This promised paradise is a sham built on wishful thinking and green marketing. Consider the experience of Dharnai, an Indian village that Greenpeace in 2014 tried to turn into the country’s first solar-powered community.

Greenpeace received glowing global media attention when it declared that Dharnai would refuse “to give into the trap of the fossil fuel industry.” But the day the village’s solar electricity was turned on, the batteries were drained within hours. One boy remembers being unable to do his homework early in the morning because there wasn’t enough power for his family’s one lamp.

Villagers were told not to use refrigerators or televisions because they would exhaust the system. They couldn’t use cookstoves and had to continue burning wood and dung, which creates air pollution as dangerous for a person’s health as smoking two packs of cigarettesa day, according to the World Health Organization. Across the developing world, millions die prematurely every year because of this indoor pollution.

In August 2014, Greenpeace invited one of the Indian’s state’s top politicians, who soon after become its chief minister, to admire the organization’s handiwork. He was met by a crowd waving signs and chanting that they wanted “real electricity” to replace this “fake electricity.”

When Dharnai was finally connected to the main power grid, which is overwhelmingly coal-powered, villagers quickly dropped their solar connections.

An academic study found a big reason was that the grid’s electricity cost one-third of what the solar energy did. What’s more, it was plentiful enough to actually power such appliances as TV sets and stoves. Today, Dharnai’s disused solar-energy system is covered in thick dust, and the project site is a cattle shelter.

[/URL]
Radical changes are dangerous. There is no reason cost effective solar and the grid could not coexist.

Radical changes are dangerous. There is no reason cost effective solar and the grid could not coexist.

Except they cant produce or store the energy and theyrequiire rare minerals under the control of china...

As economic conditions improve, population growth declines. Anything we can do to improve living standards will slow that growth.
I'm fine with incremental improvements in 3rd world countries that result in population decline, but that will take decades. We are adding 1 billion new people every 12 years and those population increases are largely not occurring in G20 countries. There isn't much worse on this Earth than a child that only knows pain and starvation.

I'm fine with incremental improvements in 3rd world countries that result in population decline, but that will take decades. We are adding 1 billion new people every 12 years and those population increases are largely not occurring in G20 countries. There isn't much worse on this Earth than a child that only knows pain and starvation.
It is already happening: Population in the world is, as of 2022, growing at a rate of around 0.84% per year (down from 1.05% in 2020, 1.08% in 2019, 1.10% in 2018, and 1.12% in 2017). Quite a drop in growth in only 5 years.

It is already happening: Population in the world is, as of 2022, growing at a rate of around 0.84% per year (down from 1.05% in 2020, 1.08% in 2019, 1.10% in 2018, and 1.12% in 2017). Quite a drop in growth in only 5 years.
The rate of growth is slowing slightly, but the bottom line is we will have another billion kids wanting to eat within the next 12 years with resources already scarce. I don't understand why people are horrified at the idea of voluntary sterilization in 3rd world countries when the G20 countries all do it. That makes no sense to me at all.

This is why I always will look at 'greenies' as people who are simply green on the outside to hide the red on the inside ('red' of course meaning commies). They have used the environmental movement as a tool to limit or even kill capitalism.

Forum List

Back