When it's Over

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
If all this crap ever ends, I for one look forward to getting back into the classroom with my students. So many young people have done an amazing job adapting to very difficult changes in education, but almost everyone recognizes the superiority of teaching and learning in person. This is particularly true with some of the students who need the most support. On the other hand, some students have been doing quite well with remote learning. The problem with this is that those students are most often the students who had the strongest support and best resources before all this happened.

The question facing us now is which changes in learning can best be adapted to a new reality in education moving forward and which practices from before all this need to be reinstated as soon as possible?

Stay tuned!

I can't think of anything witty to say, so I'll just leave this here...

vc3c3.jpg

If all this crap ever ends, I for one look forward to getting back into the classroom with my students. So many young people have done an amazing job adapting to very difficult changes in education, but almost everyone recognizes the superiority of teaching and learning in person. This is particularly true with some of the students who need the most support. On the other hand, some students have been doing quite well with remote learning. The problem with this is that those students are most often the students who had the strongest support and best resources before all this happened.

The question facing us now is which changes in learning can best be adapted to a new reality in education moving forward and which practices from before all this need to be reinstated as soon as possible?

Stay tuned!
Teachers are not needed anymore. You are overpaid, and children are getting dumber year after year. Soon you will be replaced 100% by AI and you will be out of a job.
All that will be needed is a "Proctor" and they won't need to be knowledgeable on the subject. They will be there to give an overview and what to do.

TEACHING IS AN ALMOST DEAD PROFESSION!

PREPARE TO PEDDLE AMWAY AMSOIL OR HERBALIFE OR WORK AT A SNOW CONE SHOP

"Snow cone shop"....

:laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg::lmao:

Stay tuned!
Teachers are not needed anymore. ...

Part of the experience of the past year is that we are. People who kept repeating the nonsense you just posted before all this virus shit happened have been exposed as remarkably ignorant.

Stay tuned!

Part of the experience of the past year is that we are. People who kept repeating the nonsense you just posted before all this virus shit happened have been exposed as remarkably ignorant.

Well whatever happens, when you get your class back, be sure to teach them how evil those CCP bastards are for poisoning the world with their damned virus.

Stay tuned!

Well whatever happens, when you get your class back, be sure to teach them how evil those CCP bastards are for poisoning the world with their damned virus.
You tryna get him fired? ;)

Stay tuned!
Teachers are not needed anymore. You are overpaid, and children are getting dumber year after year. Soon you will be replaced 100% by AI and you will be out of a job.
All that will be needed is a "Proctor" and they won't need to be knowledgeable on the subject. They will be there to give an overview and what to do.

Good teachers are worth their weight in platinum (that's heavier than gold). Some teachers are overpaid but not many. Some school systems use temporary agencies to staff their schools, only requiring 2 years of college to teach on a temporary contract (that can be the school year) to fill the position. Are most of those people good teachers? Not most, but I happen to know one who goes "all out", even though she's paid a worthless per hour peon wage, and works harder than most others in her building. She's the type of teacher who you'll see out in the dollar stores buying classroom supplies using her meager wages.

You are way off base to label it a "one size fits all".

AI is going to change things up in a major way without question, but there will be a transitional period of using humans and AI together. If the goal for AI is to enhance life not replace life, than you're wrong to predict AI will takeover all human functioning. Unless you think that's the purpose?

Stay tuned!

You tryna get him fired? ;)

No. I'm trying to get him to tell those kids the truth. The truth's always worth getting fired for.

So I will presume that you (Unk) are a dedicated, competent teacher who wants only The Best for your students.

Have you done ANYTHING internally to encourage the Powers that Be to get the [fucking] children back in the classrooms, given that there is no scientific basis for keeping them at home?

Even if that goes against what your union is doing.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Stay tuned!

Few jobs in our future Third World country will require any education at all; a visit to any tortilla factory will verify this.

COVID-19 HAS PROVEN THAT BRICK AND MORTAR SCHOOLS ARE NOT NEEDED

Not sure if you've been in a coma for the past 9 months, but the exact opposite has been proven.

What was proven was just how worthless their previous education was and that most can't move forward on their own; schools were essentially just indoctrination schemes, not in the least focused on education.

Have you done ANYTHING internally to encourage the Powers that Be to get the [fucking] children back in the classrooms, given that there is no scientific basis for keeping them at home?

I'm not a virologist, and neither are you.

Forum List

Back