When it's Over

One does not have to be a virologist to take a moment and view the CDC statistics indicating that a child in the K-12 ages is about as likely to die of Covid 19 as s/he is to die from a butterfly bite.

Diversion not allowed.

According to CDC there have been 518 "Covid-Related" deaths to Americans between the ages of 5-24, out of a population of about 43 million in those age brackets. Based on numbers, at least half of those deaths are post-HS ages, and we now know "Covid-related" queers the statistics.

But even taking the worst case, that's about a thousandth of one percent mortality. About the same as for bee stings. So tell me why the teachers' unions are blocking in-person learning.

Ya don't have to be a virologist, only literate.

From what I see of your posts here I have concluded that this is your teaching style

I think the kids would be better off on their own

From what I see of your posts here I have concluded that this is your teaching style

You haven't "concluded" anything. You have resorted to guessing due to your apparent deep and abiding insecurity.

Set that insecurity aside and offer your thoughts on the thread topic.

You haven't "concluded" anything. You have resorted to guessing due to your apparent deep and abiding insecurity.

says the guy who always has to be right and can't stand when someone disagrees with him

and if you are a teacher my post was on topic

the kids would be better off without you

says the guy ...

Yeah, yeah, we've addressed your insecurity. Now, about the topic...?

once again the guy who insists that he is always right and who can't handle anyone disagreeing with him is the insecure one and that's you.

Maybe that's why you teach children because you can feel superior to them

Like I said the kids are better off without you

i am lucky the kidlet is 6 and in kinder...she loves learning and loves the remote stuff as well...i could not imagine having a child easily distracted and trying to do the remote learning

If all this crap ever ends, I for one look forward to getting back into the classroom with my students. So many young people have done an amazing job adapting to very difficult changes in education, but almost everyone recognizes the superiority of teaching and learning in person. This is particularly true with some of the students who need the most support. On the other hand, some students have been doing quite well with remote learning. The problem with this is that those students are most often the students who had the strongest support and best resources before all this happened.

The question facing us now is which changes in learning can best be adapted to a new reality in education moving forward and which practices from before all this need to be reinstated as soon as possible?

Stay tuned!

Two of the grandkids are doing well under the stay at home format, they seem to adapt quite well and their grades are clicking along. The third grandchild is very intelligent however she doesn't do well at the work at home atmosphere. She likes and needs the teacher and their presence.

Interesting how we all learn so differently.

says the guy ...

Yeah, yeah, we've addressed your insecurity. Now, about the topic...?

once again the guy who insists that he is always right and who can't handle anyone disagreeing with him is the insecure one and that's you.

Maybe that's why you teach children because you can feel superior to them

Like I said the kids are better off without you

Do you have any intention of adding anything related to the OP?

All this whining and crying about schools....you people want a tissue? Sad bunch you are. If you think teaching is so great and easy quit your cushy overpaid job and show the nation how it's done....or be quiet.

Forum List

Back