When it used to be proud to be an American

We'll NEVER see anything like this again...NO CHANCE...chills every time you watch this...proud chills

not bad, really

but too much whitney and not enough of the original song

in light of Black Lies Matter hate for America do you think she would sing it again today?

We'll NEVER see anything like this again...NO CHANCE...chills every time you watch this...proud chills

That just depends on your version of what it means to be "proud to be an American".
What I see when I see this (besides preceding the second best Superbowl in history) is a whole lot of hindsight.
Going overseas to bail out a bunch of rich oil tycoons in one county because the leader of another oil
producing county (a leader that "proud Americans" had a hand in enabling) thought they were being
mean to him. After making a mess of things, a whole lot of terrorist attacks over the next decade culminating in 9/11,
and a contentious election, the now VP (formerly Defense Secretary) who has been seething for a decade, whispers in his bosses ear that they needed to
go "get" the guy they failed to get the last go round. So they manufacture "evidence" and create not just one, but two boondoggles in the ME that
we are STILL involved in to this day.

Whitney's version was good and I feel bad for how things ended up for her. She was a fantastic singer. But I watch this and can't help thinking that we needed cooler
heads running our government.

not bad, really

but too much whitney and not enough of the original song

in light of Black Lies Matter hate for America do you think she would sing it again today?

good point and my guess would be no she would not. I'm sure whe would have gotten caught up in all this bullshit for sure. Seems to me 99% of all celebrities and athletes have their noses stuck in all the social and political CRAP

meh

I never got the idea of being proud of something I had nothing to do with.

Still proud to be an American. I don't let myself get overwhelmed with the negative propaganda dealt out by the subversives in all our media and education outlets.

Forum List

Back