When i am in the midst of a hot argument

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
and have to act fast...with links and so forth i run into all sorts of glitches such as ...you have to wait 30 secs. to post that......how irritating.

Hot argument ... my mind went somewhere else...

18983526-two-girl-friends-having-pillow-fight-in-bedroom.jpg

View attachment 434164
You got the Greenhorn all wrong. If he has to act within 30 sec or looses his slot, you know he has been married for a long, long time, so not interest in the hot pillow girls, except as fantasy only.

• Banned
and have to act fast...with links and so forth i run into all sorts of glitches such as ...you have to wait 30 secs. to post that......how irritating.
Tell the other person that it's a good habit to read what comes after the headline.

• Banned
The argument was getting boring, so your solution is to start a new thread about the old thread? :rolleyes-41:

Not about the old thread....about that warning that comes whilst tryin to post something....you have to wait 30 sec. to do dat.

Another thing I have noticed lately....I will start to reply to a post....get a phone call....and forget about my attemp to post only to eventually see it was posted anyhow without my reqesting it...the problem with that is that these posts are usually not competed as in I start a post have to leave and my half finished reply gets posted anyhow......not a good thing.

You don't have to act fast.

True but whoever gits dere fustust wid da mostest wins da battle.

I learned that at West Point.....courtesy of General Nathan Bedford Forrest.

I see the millenials now scratching their heads.

The argument was getting boring, so your solution is to start a new thread about the old thread? :rolleyes-41:

Not about the old thread....about that warning that comes whilst tryin to post something....you have to wait 30 sec. to do dat.

Another thing I have noticed lately....I will start to reply to a post....get a phone call....and forget about my attemp to post only to eventually see it was posted anyhow without my reqesting it...the problem with that is that these posts are usually not competed as in I start a post have to leave and my half finished reply gets posted anyhow......not a good thing.
I think 30 sec is the max time so if you get that youre going way to fast anyway,,

I think 30 sec is the max time so if you get that youre going way to fast anyway,,
I have a solution to your 30 seconds of self-annoying umpatience. Get a portable hobby and keep it near at hand when you are posting; when you see the annoying wait signal again, pick up where you left on the hobby with your home timer on 30 seconds, and in two shakes of a crochet hook, paintbrush, screwdriver, or hammer, and voila! it's online party time again sans angst. :)

View attachment 434164
You got the Greenhorn all wrong. If he has to act within 30 sec or looses his slot, you know he has been married for a long, long time, so not interest in the hot pillow girls, except as fantasy only.

He hasn't lost interest, his husband just won't let him look at stuff like that.

It saves your threads and yes puts, them in when you post later. You must, select all and delete or hit the floppy icon and hit delete draft.

Annoying as fuck but this forum software has a lot of annoying features.

Two different possibilities..

1) You're hitting the Reply Button TOO OFTEN.. There actually is a "throttle" limit in how fast you can create posts.. We do this in case of spammers and spammer bots.. If you getting a MESSAGE saying you have to wait.. You're not thinking enough between posts..

2) The system DOES lag behind -- especially late at night when maintenance tasks are scheduled.. Nothing we can do about that without junking old content or having crappy search indexes..

3) I've noticed what may be hiccups from my ISP.. Maybe because of so many MAD BORED people banging their devices at the same time or working from home.. You can tell the diff -- because if USMB is the bottleneck -- if you look up at the upper right corner of the screen while you're hosed -- there will be a moving green progress flash that you ONLY see if the servers are busy.. If it's NOT there after you post something -- it's something else..

So -- do you get a "time-out" warning to wait XX seconds before posting again??? See a green flashy crawly thing in the upper right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back