When Did Trump Make You A Keynesian?

The stench of hypocrisy is all over you.
Reaganesque Keynesianism.
Reagan actually made a giant dent in reducing tax expenditures. Did you know you used to be able to deduct the interest payments on your auto loan? Not any more, thanks to Reagan.

That's how he was able to achieve lower tax rates. He did it the right way.

But ever since then, the Republican Party has worked very hard to undo Reagan's achievement. They have been adding a tax expenditure to the tax code at an average rate of one a day since 2000.

We now have $1.4 trillion of tax expenditure corruption EVERY YEAR. And skyrocketing deficits. This is not a coincidence.
And Reagan still added to the debt so guess what no one that voted for Reagan cared about the debt

Reagan was just another big government dupe

Reagan actually made a giant dent in reducing tax expenditures. Did you know you used to be able to deduct the interest payments on your auto loan? Not any more, thanks to Reagan.

But ever since then, the Republican Party has worked very hard to undo Reagan's achievement. They have been adding a tax expenditure to the tax code at an average rate of one a day since 2000.

We now have $1.4 trillion of tax expenditure corruption EVERY YEAR. And skyrocketing deficits. This is not a coincidence.
And Reagan still added to the debt so guess what no one that voted for Reagan cared about the debt

Reagan rapidly increased defense spending, and that had a lot to do with increasing the debt.

That ramping up of defense spending ultimately led to the collapse of the Soviet Union. They couldn't keep up.

I'd say it was worth every penny.

Reagan rapidly increased defense spending, and that had a lot to do with increasing the debt.

That ramping up of defense spending ultimately led to the collapse of the Soviet Union. They couldn't keep up.

So you don't care about the debt why say you do?

So you don't care about the debt why say you do?
There is good debt, and there is bad debt.

If you borrow money to buy a tractor, debt is good. You are able to produce goods, pay off the debt with the sale of those goods, and walk away with a profit. And people are able to eat.

If you borrow money for hookers and blow, that is bad debt. You have nothing to show for it but an STD and an ever increasing addiction.

Borrowing money to defeat the Soviet Union, good debt. This was followed by a booming economy which was able to reduce our debt.

Borrowing money to interfere in the free market and increase the cost of housing, bad debt. That's what the mortgage interest deduction does.

We have an ever increasing addiction to bad debt. Bigly.

Trump's $1.5 trillion debt bomb he called a "tax reform" was supposed to stimulate the economy. Remember how wages were going to explode?

It turns out all those corporations who received a big cash windfall from their tax cuts used that money to do stock buybacks instead of trickling it down to their workers.

Tax cut triggers $437 billion explosion of stock buybacks
Not only is that most ever, it nearly doubles the previous record of $242.1 billion, which was set during the first three months of the year.

Don't care about debt

All I care about is keeping as much of my own money as possible
Except it isn't your money. It is your descendants money. They are being saddled with the government debt you are running up.
Oh, now the liar claims that money we possess belongs to someone else. And he claims he's not a liberal.
This fact always goes above the heads of you tards. I don't even bother to explain any more.

But it is a fact that every deduction, credit, and exemption has to be paid for by higher tax rates and by borrowing.

So yes, it is a fact they are bigger theft than the food stamps your propaganists teach you to whine about.

Much, much, much bigger theft.

We all have to pay higher tax rates, and our government debt is exploding, because of those tax expenditures.

And you dumbasses think the few pennies you are thrown puts you ahead when in fact you are being robbed blind.

You are literally blind to it.

There, I explained it anyway. But you still won't get it. Because you have been thoroughly brainwashed by propagandists who answer to the special interests who want you kept that stupid.
NO the facts do not always go above us tards. You lie. Period.

Trump's $1.5 trillion debt bomb he called a "tax reform" was supposed to stimulate the economy. Remember how wages were going to explode?

It turns out all those corporations who received a big cash windfall from their tax cuts used that money to do stock buybacks instead of trickling it down to their workers.

Don't care about debt

Except it isn't your money. It is your descendants money. They are being saddled with the government debt you are running up.
Oh, now the liar claims that money we possess belongs to someone else. And he claims he's not a liberal.
This fact always goes above the heads of you tards. I don't even bother to explain any more.

But it is a fact that every deduction, credit, and exemption has to be paid for by higher tax rates and by borrowing.

So yes, it is a fact they are bigger theft than the food stamps your propaganists teach you to whine about.

Much, much, much bigger theft.

We all have to pay higher tax rates, and our government debt is exploding, because of those tax expenditures.

And you dumbasses think the few pennies you are thrown puts you ahead when in fact you are being robbed blind.

You are literally blind to it.

There, I explained it anyway. But you still won't get it. Because you have been thoroughly brainwashed by propagandists who answer to the special interests who want you kept that stupid.
NO the facts do not always go above us tards. You lie. Period.
:lol:

I dumbed it down as much as possible, and it still evades you.

I rest my case.

Not only is that most ever, it nearly doubles the previous record of $242.1 billion, which was set during the first three months of the year.

Don't care about debt

That's honest, and despicable.
No what's despicable is the malfeasance committed by our politicians

You're an absolute idiot if you think giving politicians more of your money is going to do a god damned thing besides making you poorer.

I don't donate my money to political action committees or to candidates for elective office. You might consider those who donate to the NRA and how the NRA uses its money and power. Or the money interests behind the two Citizens United Decisions.

Don't care about debt

You're an absolute idiot if you think giving politicians more of your money is going to do a god damned thing besides making you poorer.
As you probably recall, I believe in smart and honest taxation. We do not have smart and honest taxation. What we have is one of the most corrupt taxation systems possible.

The playing field has been legislatively tilted in favor of special interests who are concentrating wealth unfairly and not by the sweat of their brow.

We should have a flat tax as that is the only smart honest and fair taxation

Bull-Lunacy ^^^ It is a sure way to push our nation into a chaste system, based solely on wealth.

Don't care about debt

I don't have any descendants.

I was smart and didn't have kids

And FYI I am not running up any debt.
Actually, every time we take advantage of a tax deduction, credit, or exemption we are helping run up the debt and tax rates. We are stealing from the pockets of other taxpayers and future taxpayers.

I've explained this at least a hundred times on this forum.

So you take no deductions on your taxes?

and it is impossible to steal from people who haven't been born yet

You contradicted yourself in two consecutive posts. You don't care about the debt, and care that later generations will be stuck with it.

Don't care about debt

As you probably recall, I believe in smart and honest taxation. We do not have smart and honest taxation. What we have is one of the most corrupt taxation systems possible.

The playing field has been legislatively tilted in favor of special interests who are concentrating wealth unfairly and not by the sweat of their brow.

Actually, a flat tax is regressive. Far from fair.

I actually favor the Fair Tax.

Conservative hero Thomas Jefferson actually preferred a system of progressive taxation:

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise.

To James Madison Fontainebleau Oct. 28 1785; The Letters of Thomas Jefferson

We've all heard the pseudocon Rube Herd parrot the meme that "tax cuts increase revenues". They get this meme from their propagandists and then repeat it unthinkingly.

There are two key facts which expose the lie hidden in that meme. First, the obvious fact is that if you lower tax rates all the way to zero, you have zero revenues. So at some point, tax cuts fail to increase revenues.

The second fact is one which their propagandists deliberately keep from the rubes. This is a deliberate omission, and therefore a deliberately crafted lie. And that fact is that revenues have also increased after a tax INCREASE.

See for yourself. Here is a history of tax rates: https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Notice how tax rates increased under Bill Clinton in 1993. The top marginal rate increased from 31 percent to 39.6 percent, and stayed that way until 2001.

Now here is a history of federal revenues: Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Notice how tax revenues INCREASED after the tax rates went UP a whopping 8.6 points:

FY 1991 - $1.05 trillion.
FY 1992 - $1.09 trillion.
FY 1993 - $1.15 trillion.
FY 1994 - $1.26 trillion.
FY 1995 - $1.35 trillion.
FY 1996 - $1.45 trillion.
FY 1997 - $1.58 trillion.
FY 1998 - $1.72 trillion.
FY 1999 - $1.82 trillion.
FY 2000 - $2.03 trillion

Just a few years after Clinton's tax increase, federal revenues had DOUBLED!!!

And after the Bush tax cut expired on the top marginal rate in 2013, federal revenues continued to increase:

FY 2012 - $2.45 trillion.
FY 2013 - $2.77 trillion.
FY 2014 - $3.02 trillion.
FY 2015 - $3.25 trillion.
FY 2016 - $3.27 trillion.
FY 2017 - $3.32 trillion.

So, clearly, increasing or decreasing tax rates a few points here and there has almost nothing to do with revenues.

As Bill Clinton said, "It's the economy, stupid."

By the way, job growth exploded during the higher tax Clinton years. 30 million jobs in 8 years, with less than 5 percent unemployment.

So the next time you are crowing about the current tax rate increasing revenues, you should know your propagandists are counting on you not looking beyond the carefully framed numbers they present to your dumb ass.

But it gets worse. Much worse. You are being even dumber than that.

Because while your pseudocon propagandists are crowing about revenues, they are counting on you not noticing that despite increased revenues, your party and your President are EXPLODING our deficits!

It's called misdirection. A classic magician's trick to fool the rubes.

Trump is on track to blow Obama's debt record wide open. And after whining and whining and whining and whining non-stop for eight years about Obama's spending, your propagandists have gone dark.

And so have you.

Tax cuts do lower unemployment and raise the standard of living for all.

The government gets less money, but what is the purpose of government?

We've all heard the pseudocon Rube Herd parrot the meme that "tax cuts increase revenues". They get this meme from their propagandists and then repeat it unthinkingly.

There are two key facts which expose the lie hidden in that meme. First, the obvious fact is that if you lower tax rates all the way to zero, you have zero revenues. So at some point, tax cuts fail to increase revenues.

The second fact is one which their propagandists deliberately keep from the rubes. This is a deliberate omission, and therefore a deliberately crafted lie. And that fact is that revenues have also increased after a tax INCREASE.

See for yourself. Here is a history of tax rates: https://files.taxfoundation.org/legacy/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_nominal.pdf

Notice how tax rates increased under Bill Clinton in 1993. The top marginal rate increased from 31 percent to 39.6 percent, and stayed that way until 2001.

Now here is a history of federal revenues: Who Really Pays Uncle Sam's Bills?

Notice how tax revenues INCREASED after the tax rates went UP a whopping 8.6 points:

FY 1991 - $1.05 trillion.
FY 1992 - $1.09 trillion.
FY 1993 - $1.15 trillion.
FY 1994 - $1.26 trillion.
FY 1995 - $1.35 trillion.
FY 1996 - $1.45 trillion.
FY 1997 - $1.58 trillion.
FY 1998 - $1.72 trillion.
FY 1999 - $1.82 trillion.
FY 2000 - $2.03 trillion

Just a few years after Clinton's tax increase, federal revenues had DOUBLED!!!

And after the Bush tax cut expired on the top marginal rate in 2013, federal revenues continued to increase:

FY 2012 - $2.45 trillion.
FY 2013 - $2.77 trillion.
FY 2014 - $3.02 trillion.
FY 2015 - $3.25 trillion.
FY 2016 - $3.27 trillion.
FY 2017 - $3.32 trillion.

So, clearly, increasing or decreasing tax rates a few points here and there has almost nothing to do with revenues.

As Bill Clinton said, "It's the economy, stupid."

By the way, job growth exploded during the higher tax Clinton years. 30 million jobs in 8 years, with less than 5 percent unemployment.

So the next time you are crowing about the current tax rate increasing revenues, you should know your propagandists are counting on you not looking beyond the carefully framed numbers they present to your dumb ass.

But it gets worse. Much worse. You are being even dumber than that.

Because while your pseudocon propagandists are crowing about revenues, they are counting on you not noticing that despite increased revenues, your party and your President are EXPLODING our deficits!

It's called misdirection. A classic magician's trick to fool the rubes.

Trump is on track to blow Obama's debt record wide open. And after whining and whining and whining and whining non-stop for eight years about Obama's spending, your propagandists have gone dark.

And so have you.

Tax cuts do lower unemployment and raise the standard of living for all.

The government gets less money, but what is the purpose of government?
Unemployment dropped when Clinton raised taxes 8.6 points. Unemployment dropped when Bush's top tax rate expired.

That's a fact kept from you by your propagandists.

"It's the economy, stupid."

Unemployment dropped when Clinton raised taxes 8.6 points. Unemployment dropped when Bush's top tax rate expired.

That's a fact kept from you by your propagandists.

"It's the economy, stupid."
Tax increases cannot cause more employment. It is logically impossible.

Here are the US deficits by year: Is the U.S. Budget Deficit Really That Bad?

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion
FY 2018 $833 billion (est)
FY 2019 $984 billion (est)

As you can plainly see, during the Obama regime, deficits had a downward trend, and during the Trump regime they have an upward trend, with a lot of help by the Republican Congress. Just like deficits had an upward trend the last time a Republican President had a Republican Congress.

Also, Trump's tax "reform" will add $1.5 trillion dollars to our debt. The pseudocons crowed that this giant debt bill would stimulate the economy. It just doesn't get more Keynesian than that.

In fact, the pseudocons have out-Keynesed Keynes! Keynes didn't believe in deficit spending during an up economy. He actually believed we should pay our debt DOWN during an up economy.

So...when did Trump make you pseudocons into uber Keynesians?

Our debt was growing exponentially. The deficit is irrelevant since the govt should be doing without. This just tells me that the govt has a massive budget and needs to reduce it and do more with less. Our debt is what matters. Bush and O ran it up 16 trillion.

Don't care about debt

If they devalue our currency your money will be worth less.

Don't care about debt

I don't donate my money to political action committees or to candidates for elective office. You might consider those who donate to the NRA and how the NRA uses its money and power. Or the money interests behind the two Citizens United Decisions.

So it's better if those malfeasant politicians take your money by force right?

Don't care about debt

gold.

Don't care about debt

Actually, a flat tax is regressive. Far from fair.

I actually favor the Fair Tax.

Conservative hero Thomas Jefferson actually preferred a system of progressive taxation:

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise.

To James Madison Fontainebleau Oct. 28 1785; The Letters of Thomas Jefferson

The fair tax is overly complex but if they got rid of that ridiculous prebate I could support it

What's the point of charging a tax then giving every person in the country a check every month?

If you're going to tax people only to incur the costs of giving that money back why not just lower the rate and skip the extra step?

Don't care about debt

gold.
Your sitting on a pile of gold? That hasn't been a very good investment lately....

Forum List

Back