When did Liberals become establishment sell-outs?

Basically, leftist (fake liberal) ideology boils down to "you are not entitled to your own reality or your own thoughts. Your reality and thoughts are what WE tell you they are. If you dare to color outside the lines, we will lynch you."

it's always amusing when rightwingnut party hacks call other people fake anything.

Basically, leftist (fake liberal) ideology boils down to "you are not entitled to your own reality or your own thoughts. Your reality and thoughts are what WE tell you they are. If you dare to color outside the lines, we will lynch you."

it's always amusing when rightwingnut party hacks call other people fake anything.

Why don't you go ahead and post the definition of a "classic liberal" and tell me what you have in common with them? :D

I recall a time when Liberals were the free spirits that liked nothing more than challenging the establishment and "Sticking it to the man". Now that seems to have reversed and Liberals appear to have sold out and will buy whatever snake oil the Democratic leadership is selling. Now the cool people challenging the corrupt establishment are Independents and Conservatives. Who knew?

when did republicans become the representatives of the alt right? as long as donald represents the breitbart radical right "base" of the GOP, there isn't any reason to vote for him.

why would we vote for someone who doesn't know anything?
Republicans have been moving further left with each passing year, and the Donald happens to be a lifelong Liberal. The fact that you're referring to them as "Alt Right" only goes to show that Democrats never knew what left and right were. The fact that they've been attacking Donald for the behavior Democrats have been exhibiting for years goes to show that they can't even tolerate themselves when the behavior is coming under a different name.

you're clueless. sociopathic donald and his alt right goons are the furthest thing from conservative

too bad if you don't like the title that accurately describes trumpeters

Sounds like you're all nostalgic for Ronald Reagan there Jillian.. :biggrin:

no. but i will say i would appreciate a sane republican candidate.

btw, unlike the righties on this board, i've actually voted across party lines.

that won't happen again until the GOP dumbs its loons and becomes functional again.

I'm in favor of a matching loon elimination. One for One --- televised. 20 loon PAIRS dispatched every week.

Helps my 3rd party politics. . :biggrin:

I'll start Nancy Pelosi for Peter King of New York.. But I know I'll run out of GOP loons before we even empty California of lefty loons. :happy-1:

For the record, to all accounts Trump was sane until he decided to fix this country. It was a long shot, but the NWO controls everything. Still we were close. Maybe they'll put it off another 4 years so they have over 50% just trade a few more powers over to the UN though executive orders for this term. Hillary won't make a second, might not make this one. Kaine's a sheep though, not a problem.

I recall a time when Liberals were the free spirits that liked nothing more than challenging the establishment and "Sticking it to the man". Now that seems to have reversed and Liberals appear to have sold out and will buy whatever snake oil the Democratic leadership is selling. Now the cool people challenging the corrupt establishment are Independents and Conservatives. Who knew?

when did republicans become the representatives of the alt right? as long as donald represents the breitbart radical right "base" of the GOP, there isn't any reason to vote for him.

why would we vote for someone who doesn't know anything?
Republicans have been moving further left with each passing year, and the Donald happens to be a lifelong Liberal. The fact that you're referring to them as "Alt Right" only goes to show that Democrats never knew what left and right were. The fact that they've been attacking Donald for the behavior Democrats have been exhibiting for years goes to show that they can't even tolerate themselves when the behavior is coming under a different name.

you're clueless. sociopathic donald and his alt right goons are the furthest thing from conservative

too bad if you don't like the title that accurately describes trumpeters
"Alt right" the new buzz word for brain damaged left wing moon bats.

I recall a time when Liberals were the free spirits that liked nothing more than challenging the establishment and "Sticking it to the man".

The anti war movement is dead. The hippies all got old and Bill Clinton dragged the democrat party to the right in the 90's. It's sad really. And as a leftist, I have yet to completely accept my newfound alignment with pseudo conservatives.

I remember that to, it was the time when you could be a Republican and didn't have to cater to the tea party and it's reincarnation called the Trump movement. As the Republicans moved farther and farther right, the Democrats moved to the center. It's ironic but the Democratic party are the Republicans in the eighties.
Close forkup The corporate media bought out and manufactured a media image for both. The real left was pushed into alternative media, and the real Constutionalists or right that move toward the middle are displaced by corporate career politicians on left and right that present their compromise as the middle.

Ex: look at ACA that gave trillions to corporate insurance in addition to mandates nobody wants to pay. BOTH the real left lobbying for sustainable affordable care object to corporate insurance interests AND the real right wanting free market object to mandates.

But that's NOT how it's represented in the media. It's pitched as a compromise between the two instead of violating beliefs of both sides.

Many of us are still free spirits.

Slave to your party is what you are.
Fool who is told what to repeat is what you are.

I'm sorry, but that sounds more like you who is nothing more than a parrot. Lol.

I'm sorry, but that sounds more like you who is nothing more than a parrot. Lol.
Just shows how wrong you can be.

In case you didn't notice, your "challenge" is with the posterboy for the establishment; a rich billionaire who has never cared about anyone except himself and has done the bare minimum for his nation both in service and sacrifice.

It's like she ran unopposed in primary and general elections without going up against a legitimate opponent. I have feeling WikiLeaks has released only half the story about the situation. Hopefully more to come in weeks ahead will iron this out.

When exactly were they not sell outs?

I've never met a democrap yet that was "fiscally conservative."

It's all relative. Fiscally conservative basically means paying for spending not racking up debt. Clinton was more fiscally conservative than Obama or W or Reagan. Bush the elder was fiscally conservative as well, remember he famously raised taxes to cut debt and took hell for it because of his read my lips pledge. Reagan and W were not fiscally conservative at all, big deficits. Especially W, he cut taxes and massively increased spending.

Democrats LOVE to raise taxes on us. They seem to be not too active on ending government waste though. You never hear a democrat talk negatively about their elected officials. It's like they are robots or something.

Now I know it's expensive to run a country, but really? Let's look at how much the government actually spends.

US Economy Visualized: Government Tax Revenue & Deficit stacked in $100 bills

:ack-1:

The "whole left" has "nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor...nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol, and personally wet themselves at the Battle of Badon Hill."

In short, they turned tail and ran, en masse, from civil liberties...as soon as they had a Democrat for president.

Once upon a time the world of political message boards was wall to wall threads started by liberals complaining about the civil liberties infringements of an Imperial President. Impeachment articles were introduced in Congress...and mock hearings held in gleeful anticipation of perp-walking the filthy Republicans who had the temerity to put an American citizen in Gitmo without the benefit of a single black robe slamming his gavel in support.

Today? Liberals have made the assassination of an American citizen by presidential behest a part of everyday law. And they went ever so meekly into that good night.

Forum List

Back