When Did Food Become A Political Battle?

I was just thinking about this when eating my steak dinner. Sure it's a dead cow, but I didn't personally know it or have any emotional attachment to it whatsoever, I didn't even slaughter it, (although it wouldn't bother me to) but to the vegans on here I'm still a bad person nonetheless because I'm choosing to eat it. Meanwhile I don't care what vegans choose to eat or not eat because it's a personal choice. AKA, this is the TRUE meaning of my body my choice.
Yes I have also incurred the aspersions of the vegan religionists regardless of how biologially correct or reasonable or ethical my argument. But it's all good unless they somehow manage to get control of what I am allowed to say, think, believe, do. I allow everybody their constitutional right to free speech regardless of how much I might disagree with them or how much they think I should be denied my own constitutional rights. Most seem to be really good people who are unreasonably dogmatic in that one area.

Anyways, let's please get back on topic everybody.

For MAGA EVERYTHING is seen through a RED (as in commie) lens therefore, everything is a political battle.
Even stuff that should never have been political like
Fake meat
COVID
Global warming...
Politicians rummage through every pile of garbage looking for something to legislate.

Anyways, let's please get back on topic everybody.
Good idea. I think food has become a political concern because both major parties see pretty much everything as a political concern. They see government as the be all, end all of human society.

Yes I have also incurred the aspersions of the vegan religionists regardless of how biologially correct or reasonable or ethical my argument. But it's all good unless they somehow manage to get control of what I am allowed to say, think, believe, do. I allow everybody their constitutional right to free speech regardless of how much I might disagree with them or how much they think I should be denied my own constitutional rights. Most seem to be really good people who are unreasonably dogmatic in that one area.
The religious veganistas have torn several statements out of their Bibles.
This one is particularly onerous to them.

Romans 14

1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Don't care?

You're here whining so that's just another MAGA lie.
I won't speak for him, but from what I have observed from his posts, dblack is pretty far from being a MAGA.

And who are you to say whether a specific person does or does not care about anything?

The topic is judgmentalism, bossiness, general unpleasantness of some vegans toward people who don't embrace that particular ideology.

The religious veganistas have torn several statements out of their Bibles.
This one is particularly onerous to them.

Romans 14

1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Yes some vegans do that, but not all. A lot of leftists do that but not all. A lot of Bible fundamentalists do that but not all.

But in the battle of Bible verses, the ones you quoted here are really good. :)

If you want to know start a new topic please.
Dadoalex, like most leftists, is doing his damndest to start a food fight or otherwise derail your interesting thread. And dblack and a few others are helping him. Hopefully you can get it back on track.

I don't know what it will take to restore common sense and re-establishing the fact that asking a question or making an extemporaneous comment or expressing an opinion is intended to be an unalienable right guaranteed by the Constitution. None are an enforceable edict, policy, law, requirement, mandate or whatever and it is absolutely stupid to regard them as such.

Gen Flynn for instance made a stupid remark saying we should have one religion if he meant that should be the law of the land. That would grossly violate Constitutional intent. But I am almost 100% positive that is not what he was saying. I'm pretty sure if he was given opportunity to explain, he meant that everybody should be Christian and the country would be far better off if that was the case. Jesus' 'great commission' was to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations. But at no time did Jesus nor the Founders nor Flynn suggest that should be the law.

Likewise I find it annoying when the vegans suggest I'm less than an honorable person if I consume animal fat or protein. I may choose to defend myself and my point of view, but so long as they do not demand that veganism be policy or law of the land, I will allow them their opinion and will not condemn them for it. They are who they are. It is what it is. And a free people are allowed their beliefs and opinions.

Last edited:
I won't speak for him, but from what I have observed from his posts, dblack is pretty far from being a MAGA.

And who are you to say whether a specific person does or does not care about anything?

The topic is judgmentalism, bossiness, general unpleasantness of some vegans toward people who don't embrace that particular ideology.
I can only judge based on your words.
He may be less MAGA than you but MAGA he is.

The company you keep.

I can only judge based on your words.
He may be less MAGA than you but MAGA he is.

The company you keep.
Well I don't act like I am all seeing and all knowing as God and therefore privy to what another is, thinks, believes. You will have a hell of a time proving from dblack's words that he is MAGA but by all means go for it. He strongly opposes the one candidate offering a MAGA vision.

I strongly believe in and long for a strong, free, secure, prosperous America that offers liberty, choices, options, opportunity for all and therefore I am unashamedly MAGA. And I will vote for the only candidate with the track record of delivering on the MAGA vision.

Well I don't act like I am all seeing and all knowing as God and therefore privy to what another is, thinks, believes. You will have a hell of a time proving from dblack's words that he is MAGA but by all means go for it. He strongly opposes the one candidate offering a MAGA vision.

I strongly believe in and long for a strong, free, secure, prosperous America that offers liberty, choices, options, opportunity for all and therefore I am unashamedly MAGA. And I will vote for the only candidate with the track record of delivering on the MAGA vision.
Vegans taste better.

I don't need to "PROVE" anyone is a MAGAT.
MAGATS to that for me.

Forum List

Back