What's Your TRUE Calling?

Interesting Quiz

Mine came out Internet Messageboard Poster

Customer Service. And it pays shit.

Customer Service is near the top of vital and indispensable employees and should be paid more. Management is hogging the corporate pie.

I love it. I love making people happy, making them feel valued and satisfied.
It's important to me.
I may take a job in it anyway, even thought the pay is shabby, because it's what I excel at.
I have had ONE person get crazy mad on the phone that I could not calm down. That's in over 30 years of working.
I love to problem solve.... and I don't really want or need credit.
Making someone happy and grateful is my reward.

I always got what I wanted from Customer Service when I had a bone to pick. I just state the facts and after the customer service representative looks up my account, I am always correct and my request is granted. I am mission oriented as well as you are.

I got "Drummer in a Rock Band."

That sucks.

I'm a much better guitarist than I am a drummer.

In all seriousness, the question in the OP kind of depends on what qualifies as a "TRUE calling."

I was drawn to be a technician / inventor from the time I was a little boy. Starting at a very early age, I used to take things apart and (sometimes) put them back together, modify them, etc. That eventually led me to enlist in the Marine Corps and I then got an education in electronics. From there I worked in the electronics industry for nearly 30 years.

So, I would say that was my first true calling.

During all those years, I got married and I became a father. I would say that was a "true calling" too- as I retained physical custody after the marriage failed and I was a single father for 9 years before I married again.

I also learned to play guitar and was hoping to be in a band when and if I could make that happen. So maybe being a musician was my true calling?

Then, during all of those years, while being a technician and a single father at the same time. . . I bought a large home and became a care giver for my aging paternal grandmother and her pets. That lasted for about 4-5 years and it was during that time that I really intensified my anti-abortion views.

I'm sure most people think that (anti-abortion activist) is my actual TRUE calling. Mainly because it's the one I am most vocal about.

After my grandmother had to go into a nursing home, my new wife and I took on the care giving role for my live in parents. My Step Mother had brain cancer, two artificial hips and an artificial shoulder. My father had only one good arm, severe arthritis and later in life - lung cancer.

I was working as a technician and my wife was helping care for my live in parents when she herself suffered a cardiac arrest that was caused by a sudden drop in her potassium levels.

During that time. . . I had three VERY disabled adults and one teenage daughter that I was responsible for.

Was that my calling? To be a caregiver?

Presently, my folks have since passed away. My wife has recovered as much as she probably ever will, my daughter is grown and living on her own, I am no longer employed as a technician and I am having to educate myself on the legal matters surrounding my wife's case. The Constitutionality of State Caps on Medical Malpractice cases, etc.

I'm still trying to find time to play guitar while I deal with all of the above while fighting abortion, maintaining a home and while working a (non technical) full time factory job.

Apparently my true "calling" was to have my spirit completely broken and destroyed but I haven't surrendered to that end. . . yet.

Last edited:

That sucks.

In all seriousness, the question in the OP kind of depends on what qualifies as a "TRUE calling."

I was drawn to be a technician / inventor from the time I was a little boy. Starting at a very early age, I used to take things apart and (sometimes) put them back together, modify them, etc. That eventually led me to enlist in the Marine Corps and I then got an education in electronics. From there I worked in the electronics industry for nearly 30 years.

During all those years, I got married and I became a father. I would say that was a "true calling" too- as I retained physical custody after the marriage failed and I was a single father for 9 years before I married again.

I also learned to play guitar and was hoping to be in a band when and if I could make that happen. So maybe being a musician was my true calling?

Then, during all of those years, while being a technician and a single father at the same time. . . I bought a large home and became a care giver for my aging paternal grandmother and her pets. That lasted for about 4-5 years and it was during that time that I really intensified my anti-abortion views.

I'm sure most people think that (anti-abortion activist) is my actual TRUE calling. Mainly because it's the one I am most vocal about.

After my grandmother had to go into a nursing home, my new wife and I took on the care giving role for my live in parents. My Step Mother had brain cancer, two artificial hips and an artificial shoulder. My father had only one good arm, severe arthritis and later in life - lung cancer.

I was working as a technician and my wife was helping care for my live in parents when she herself suffered a cardiac arrest that was caused by a sudden drop in her potassium levels.

During that time. . . I had three VERY disabled adults and one teenage daughter that I was responsible for.

Presently, my folks have since passed away. My wife has recovered as much as she probably ever will, my daughter is grown and living on her own, I am no longer employed as a technician and I am having to educate myself on the legal matters surrounding my wife's case. The Constitutionality of State Caps on Medical Malpractice cases, etc.

I'm still trying to find time to play guitar while I deal with all of the above while fighting abortion, maintaining a home and while working a (non technical) full time factory job.

Apparently my true "calling" was to have my spirit completely broken and destroyed but I haven't surrendered to that end. . . yet.

Jeesh, Chuz.
tumblr_lgtvb2poxX1qd8ocoo1_400.png

That sucks.

Jeesh, Chuz.
tumblr_lgtvb2poxX1qd8ocoo1_400.png

Thanks for the hug and the chuckle.

It was much needed.

Forum List

Back