What's up y'all?

AND fucking furthermore...it didn't help with a staff member joining in the fray instead of telling everyone to STAY ON TOPIC in the damn INTRO thread and being unbiased in his remarks. Not a good look, that. If a staff member doesn't follow their own rules they bust ass to enforce, why stay in such a place? I wouldn't/won't.

I'm grumpy. This place is starting to suck. Badly.
I'm glad you think it's funny that you broke your own fucking rule.

What rule did I break? The discussion was about the avatar of the new member.
It was bullying a NEW MEMBER about his choice of an avie. You are staff. It's in the INTRO thread. Do your job, asshole, instead of bashing a noob IN THE INTRO THREAD.

Never thought you a fucktard, but see now that you are. Fuck you.

Bullying? LMAO!! Of all the things I have seen on these forums, if you think that is bullying you have lost your mind.

I do my job. I also post. I put up with obnoxious posters, baseless accusations of bias, and have to babysit hostile lunatics. Why? For the money? There is none. And a few dozen people have told me that my job is being a mod, not posting for myself. In other words, I am supposed to give up doing the thing that made this place fun in order to maintain order in a place that has more in common with a mob of school children than with serious political discussions.

And I did not start the discussion of the flag. I responded to the casual dismissal of the flag as an issue.

If you want to complain to the other mods, I will happily abide by whatever they think should happen. Until then, fuck you.
You broke usmb's rules. You are a staff member. What part of INTRO thread being for INTRO do you not understand?
I have no intention of complaining to the other mods but you seem concerned that I would. You are part of them, idiot. Nothing would be done and you know it.

Now go cry some about how awful this "job" is when you willfully stepped into it, then commenced to not BE a mod.

Fucktard.
Gracie
WinterBorn made it clear you and everyone are free to disagree with his post as equal members and people with opinions.
If you track back to see which replies WB liked, these were reasonable responses.

So I can see WB was acting and posting as an equal member. You can argue back equally to what WB posts as to content.

But arguing about moderation is a different issue. That was not really the issue here.
But apparently the APPEARANCE of unequal roles is a real issue triggering unequal reactions, so indirectly, yes.

WinterBorn
Besides not having time to help full time, and only having time sporadically, the other main reason I decided to go back to just being a regular member was this difference in perception. If I argue or dispute someone as an equal forum member, this is perceived as an equal peer, not as someone with more power to do something "if they didn't agree." I wanted to maintain equal choice if people want to change their approach, and freedom to argue all they want without fear I would treat them differently.

I lost some of that free speech because people could not always tell if I am speaking for myself, or if they have to "answer to me as a mod."

This happens with govt leaders as well, so I believe we need consensus so this bifurcation doesn't confuse things.

All the Mods here do an incredible job, heroic, to juggle the hats you wear.

If I can resituate myself to come back and help, I'd be honored and would like to raise money to buy USMB as its own endowment to keep it in the hands of free speech.

But I find I have a more effective influence on negotiating and encouraging positive points of agreement by sharing as an equal member where it's clear I'm not talking to someone as "a Mod with more power to take action if you argue back."

It makes me respect flacaltenn Coyote
and other Mods even more who can somehow balance both. I guess to show more proactively that you are not using your weight to reinforce onesided bias, you would have to oververbalize where you agree with opposing poster positions. You might have to "overcompensate visually" to show the same openness as a regular member, because of the perception of you as a Mod.

I know that even as a regular member of a group, when I respond to someone where we disagree, I already have to go out of my way to show I agree with some parts they mean, before I say points of clarification. And that is just peer to peer to get on equal footing despite differences. So with you wearing a Mod hat, I can only imagine you'd have to do even more of that verbal reassurance and connection so you aren't seen as trying to direct the convo as a Mod.

I think that might explain the dynamics here.

Sorry if this went off topic a bit,
But it was indirectly addressing why people objected to the comments criticizing the Confederate Flag image as triggering hostility.

Emily, I love your eloquent posts. I laugh because often I cannot tell whether I am being praised or spanked until I read to the end of your posts. Well done.
Big dif in me and her.

Emily:

Gracie
WinterBorn made it clear you and everyone are free to disagree with his post as equal members and people with opinions.
If you track back to see which replies WB liked, these were reasonable responses.

So I can see WB was acting and posting as an equal member. You can argue back equally to what WB posts as to content.

But arguing about moderation is a different issue. That was not really the issue here.
But apparently the APPEARANCE of unequal roles is a real issue triggering unequal reactions, so indirectly, yes.

WinterBorn
Besides not having time to help full time, and only having time sporadically, the other main reason I decided to go back to just being a regular member was this difference in perception. If I argue or dispute someone as an equal forum member, this is perceived as an equal peer, not as someone with more power to do something "if they didn't agree." I wanted to maintain equal choice if people want to change their approach, and freedom to argue all they want without fear I would treat them differently.

I lost some of that free speech because people could not always tell if I am speaking for myself, or if they have to "answer to me as a mod."

This happens with govt leaders as well, so I believe we need consensus so this bifurcation doesn't confuse things.

All the Mods here do an incredible job, heroic, to juggle the hats you wear.

If I can resituate myself to come back and help, I'd be honored and would like to raise money to buy USMB as its own endowment to keep it in the hands of free speech.

But I find I have a more effective influence on negotiating and encouraging positive points of agreement by sharing as an equal member where it's clear I'm not talking to someone as "a Mod with more power to take action if you argue back."

It makes me respect flacaltenn Coyote
and other Mods even more who can somehow balance both. I guess to show more proactively that you are not using your weight to reinforce onesided bias, you would have to oververbalize where you agree with opposing poster positions. You might have to "overcompensate visually" to show the same openness as a regular member, because of the perception of you as a Mod.

I know that even as a regular member of a group, when I respond to someone where we disagree, I already have to go out of my way to show I agree with some parts they mean, before I say points of clarification. And that is just peer to peer to get on equal footing despite differences. So with you wearing a Mod hat, I can only imagine you'd have to do even more of that verbal reassurance and connection so you aren't seen as trying to direct the convo as a Mod.

I think that might explain the dynamics here.

Sorry if this went off topic a bit,
But it was indirectly addressing why people objected to the comments criticizing the Confederate Flag image as triggering hostility.

Me:

View attachment 478875

Mike, I think there is a big difference between you and a LOT of people.
Yessiree, they's buttholes and I'm not.

Yep, there are differences. :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm from Arkansas where I'm my own cousin.

You are about as much of an Arkansaurus as Billy Jeff or Shrillary Clinton..

Lucy was right. You suck.

There's always an "agenda" behind "what Lucy believes".. In this case, there are NO mods on USMB that would ever compare to her... Just sayin'. PM me if you need explanation..
Lucy is a crazy nazi bitch.
Can't trust any of the foreigners

They are either crazy authoritarian Nazi's.

Bat shit insane commies.

. . . oh, and we do have that one dopey, loony, monarchist wacky bird.

They all wish the Republic ill.

It is entertaining when they fight each other though.

.freedom, independence, self-reliance, self-sufficiency, sovereignty, autonomy from the federal government....those are things the stars and bars stand for.
And they lost

And now we see the results of that.......which is gaining momentum....it is going to get much worse....but no one wants to hear bad news or the truth.....the masses want lies .....sweet little lies.

I was really born in Arkansas here in what used to be called the Army Navy hospital.
DSC_8902.JPG

DSC_8955.JPG

Lucy is no longer here. I don't know where she is now.
She was very pro USA. She was also a bit high strung and got wackadoodle now and then. Who here wants to cast the first stone where they have not been wackadoodle once in awhile? Especially when they have as many kids that she has.

I said I was done with this thread, but I wanted to state my thoughts about Lucy. I liked her. She started some fun threads.

Anyway..I won't be banned like she was, but I'm fixin' to head off to greener pastures myself. My heart just ain't in usmb any more. Maybe that will change. Maybe not.

She was very pro USA. She was also a bit high strung and got wackadoodle now and then. Who here wants to cast the first stone where they have not been wackadoodle once in awhile? Especially when they have as many kids that she has.

I said I was done with this thread, but I wanted to state my thoughts about Lucy. I liked her. She started some fun threads.

Anyway..I won't be banned like she was, but I'm fixin' to head off to greener pastures myself. My heart just ain't in usmb any more. Maybe that will change. Maybe not.

I hope you will stay. Or come back. Whatever you need.

I was really born in Arkansas here in what used to be called the Army Navy hospital.
View attachment 479930

View attachment 479932

Hey we're soul brothers.. I was born in an Army hospital also...
Dont remember much except the trumpets blaring revelry at 6AM every morning..
You weren't born, you spawned.

Like a thing from Hell.

Don’t go.

You’re one of the few authentic ones.

View attachment 479930

View attachment 479932

Like a thing from Hell.

Oy.

He’s my favourite.

View attachment 479930

View attachment 479932

Like a thing from Hell.
No matter how much you beg, I'm not pitch forking you in the ass.

Holy cow, I just said hi, no need to start a war...
Hi there CF; the war will rage as it has done for years. This is just a taste. My grandkids are getting close to your age so as you step out into the world of USMB be prepared for some fun and frolic as well as some negative stuff. BTW; I'm from Oz and it's about 5am. I'm heading off to do some sailing later today; I've taken it up as I near retirement. I am very much a beginner so am crewing for a race team while I learn the ropes (literally). All the best while you're here. Live long and prosper.

Greg

Holy cow, I just said hi, no need to start a war...
iu

Honestly? I forget the rules most of the time. If I had my way. . . we would just throw out all the rules and moderation. . . but I think they need it for liability purposes.
View attachment 478825

Did you just assume my mental state?
View attachment 478827
Your cat hates you!!!!!!!

Greg

Lucy was right. You suck.

There's always an "agenda" behind "what Lucy believes".. In this case, there are NO mods on USMB that would ever compare to her... Just sayin'. PM me if you need explanation..
Lucy is a crazy nazi bitch.
Can't trust any of the foreigners

They are either crazy authoritarian Nazi's.

Bat shit insane commies.

. . . oh, and we do have that one dopey, loony, monarchist wacky bird.

They all wish the Republic ill.

It is entertaining when they fight each other though.
Oi!! I admit to being a CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHIST but wish America not only no ill but long life and prosperity! So does Mindful; another foreigner...............but you are correct about many of the others.

Greg

Forum List

Back