What's The Message The Republican Party Is Sending By NOT Attending The Selma 50 Year Anniversary?

Do you agree with the Republican's decision not to attend Selma's Bloody Sunday 50-year anniversary?

• I'm a conservative and I do not agree with it.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'm a conservative and I agree with it.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I'm a liberal and I do not agree with it.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I'm a liberal and I agree with it.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Was it political? If so, what gain does it give them and why? Do you agree w/them not attending? Would you have done the same in their position? Lastly, do you think what they've done improves race relations w/the black community? Why/why not?

I'd like to hear particularly from the conservatives, Republican and rightwingers of the board.

What's The Message The Republican Party Is Sending By NOT Attending The Selma 50 Year Anniversary?

Uummmm........ we don't wanna get shot? :dunno:

:lol:

Was it political? If so, what gain does it give them and why? Do you agree w/them not attending? Would you have done the same in their position? Lastly, do you think what they've done improves race relations w/the black community? Why/why not?

I'd like to hear particularly from the conservatives, Republican and rightwingers of the board.
Former President Bush was there as the representitive of the GOP

Stupid troll thread

Love the Denzel avatar

Malcolm X said black were chumps and traitors to their race for supporting Democrats. Ironic OP to say the least

Last edited:
You people turn every frikken thing into hate for politics

it's disgusting and you party is disgusting for using Selma for their own agenda

They wanted to send a message and they succeeded.

However, Bush should get a very tiny atta boy for going.

Bush

Bush was there!!

George and Laura Bush was there but the NYT cut them out of the picture. Nothing political about that.

Maybe you could explain what the event accomplished. I'd really like to know.

They never tire of spreading hate and division on us. it's a sick thing with Democrat/liberals and a dirty tactic they use to try and win elections

DO they ever run on their records? think about it people

how you can belong in a party that is like this is disgusting

Bush

Bush was there!!
Is George W. Bush, the Republican Party?

Why don't you simply answer the question?

George and Laura Bush was there but the NYT cut them out of the picture. Nothing political about that.

Why not simply answer the question?

There's a poll I'd like to get your vote on as well.

Thanks.

They never tire of spreading hate and division on us. it's a sick thing with Democrat/liberals and a dirty tactic they use to try and win elections

DO they ever run on their records? think about it people

how you can belong in a party that is like this is disgusting
Do you think the Republican Party should have attended the Selma 50 year anniversary of Bloody Sunday yes or no?

It's simple.

Nope. The NYT did NOT cut the Bushes out of any photo.

The NYT published their own photo.

The photo that included the Bushes was not taken by their photographer and therefore, they did not even have that photo to publish.

Forum List

Back