What's The Message The Republican Party Is Sending By NOT Attending The Selma 50 Year Anniversary?

Do you agree with the Republican's decision not to attend Selma's Bloody Sunday 50-year anniversary?

• I'm a conservative and I do not agree with it.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'm a conservative and I agree with it.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I'm a liberal and I do not agree with it.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I'm a liberal and I agree with it.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
fuck the Selma rally at this point..

kiss black people's asses or else you are a racist

what else is new?

For someone whose attitude is "fuck the Selma rally", you certainly have been whining about it in abundance. Have your babysitter change your pissy diaper.

"What's The Message The Republican Party Is Sending By NOT Attending The Selma 50 Year Anniversary?"

That GOP leadership is much more concerned about offending the base by attending than offending African-Americans by not attending.

The GOP has a message and consistency problem: officially they denounce racism, but when racism manifests it invariably comes from the ranks of conservatives and republicans.

Of course neither conservatives nor republicans endorse racism, but racists are attracted to rightist dogma, they tend to identify as conservative, and they feel welcome in the midst of republicans.

If you can't clarify your OP title, it isn't much of a question.

But we have come to expect that from your posts.

Again, to you, who would count as "The Republican Party"
The Republican Party in general.

Not just 1 or two.

And until I see some documentation that the two were sent as "representatives" I don't buy it.

So will you answer the question in the OP please?

Still not enough information. Who was invited? Who ran it? Why doesn't an Ex-president count?
Marty, that is ONE person.
What happened to ALL of TODAY'S Republicans in Congress?

You expected every congressperson to show up? did every democratic congressperson show up? Did 25%? Did 50%

Also his wife was there, and she is a former first lady, and probably a Republican as well.

And it turns out a few others were there as well.

Fact Check Were There Really No GOP Leaders at the 50th Anniversary Event in Selma Ben Swann Truth In Media

NBC News correspondent Maria Shriver fired out a tweet from the March 7 Selma, AL commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday, a turning point in the civil rights movement, and accused GOP leaders of skipping the event, despite the fact that the list of Republicans in attendance included congressmen, senators, the House Majority Leader, and the chairman of the Republican National Committee.
So it's say to say that according to martybegan of USMB, the GOP represented themselves well at the 50 Year Anniversary of Selma's Bloody Sunday?

It turns out there were plenty of GOP people there, and your entire post is nothing more than furthering "The Narrative," known in Oldspeak as lying.

Seems we have some blatant out-and-out liars in here, at least ONE blatant liar.

The OP never said NO ONE that is Republican attended, it said the Republican Party DIDN'T attend.

See the difference?

That you have to spin, and twist, and buck and squirm to defend says all that needs to be said about the matter.

Again, define "The Republican party"

The Republican Party in general.

Not just 1 or two.

And until I see some documentation that the two were sent as "representatives" I don't buy it.

So will you answer the question in the OP please?

Still not enough information. Who was invited? Who ran it? Why doesn't an Ex-president count?

You expected every congressperson to show up? did every democratic congressperson show up? Did 25%? Did 50%

Also his wife was there, and she is a former first lady, and probably a Republican as well.

Fact Check Were There Really No GOP Leaders at the 50th Anniversary Event in Selma Ben Swann Truth In Media

NBC News correspondent Maria Shriver fired out a tweet from the March 7 Selma, AL commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday, a turning point in the civil rights movement, and accused GOP leaders of skipping the event, despite the fact that the list of Republicans in attendance included congressmen, senators, the House Majority Leader, and the chairman of the Republican National Committee.
So it's say to say that according to martybegan of USMB, the GOP represented themselves well at the 50 Year Anniversary of Selma's Bloody Sunday?

It turns out there were plenty of GOP people there
, and your entire post is nothing more than furthering "The Narrative," known in Oldspeak as lying.
List them please.

It turns out there were plenty of GOP people there
, and your entire post is nothing more than furthering "The Narrative," known in Oldspeak as lying.
List them please.

Just click on the link I posted. It has photos and everything.

What's the message?

ummmmm
That they have nothing to gain politically by participating in this bit of political theater.
Its not like they'd pick up or lose a single vote whether they showed up or not.

Forum List

Back