What's for dinner tonight?

Tuesday night, chicken enchiladas and rice. Last night, leftover chicken enchiladas and rice. Tonight, my home made fried rice, and I'm going to try to make chicken teriyaki. Never tried making that before. We will see how it turns out. :) I want to try to make it like they in the Chinese restaurants. I even have skewers. :D

last night was easy peasy... chicken salad in little phyllo cups & home made fruit salad.

I went fishing this morning and caught a lot of crappie and bluegill. That will be for dinner when my wife gets home from school. Beer battered pan fish with thick cut home made french fries. Good ol' fish 'n' chips. I think I'll serve it on the patio with a bottle of champagne.

^^^ report back with the results!!! ^^^

It came out awesome. Easy and quick too. Just pound out some chicken tenders in a zip lock baggie. I used a snack size bag, it is the perfect size to pound the tenders. Then marinate them in some teriyaki sauce (I didn't have time to make my own, so I used a store brand - probably better if you make your own). Then I threaded them onto some skewers which I had soaked for a while and cooked them up on the grill, a few minutes for each side, while basting with the sauce.

I think I'm going to try it with beef next. I've been wondering what kind of beef cut the Chinese restaurants use for their teriyaki. Flank or skirt steak is what I'm thinking. Just cut off some thin strips against the grain and do the same as what I did with the chicken tenders. Probably marinate the steak overnight.

Anyway, I'm starting to babble now. It was really good. If you wanted to try it, I have a homemade fried rice recipe that is killer! :D Let me know if you want it, and I can link you to it.

It came out awesome. Easy and quick too. Just pound out some chicken tenders in a zip lock baggie. I used a snack size bag, it is the perfect size to pound the tenders. Then marinate them in some teriyaki sauce (I didn't have time to make my own, so I used a store brand - probably better if you make your own). Then I threaded them onto some skewers which I had soaked for a while and cooked them up on the grill, a few minutes for each side, while basting with the sauce.

I think I'm going to try it with beef next. I've been wondering what kind of beef cut the Chinese restaurants use for their teriyaki. Flank or skirt steak is what I'm thinking. Just cut off some thin strips against the grain and do the same as what I did with the chicken tenders. Probably marinate the steak overnight.

Anyway, I'm starting to babble now. It was really good. If you wanted to try it, I have a homemade fried rice recipe that is killer! :D Let me know if you want it, and I can link you to it.

good to hear!

I was gonna say 'flank' because you would want the meat to stay on the skewer & not be toooo tender that it rips or falls apart as it's cooking. thanx for rice recipe, but I'm only a fan of brown rice.

good to hear!

I was gonna say 'flank' because you would want the meat to stay on the skewer & not be toooo tender that it rips or falls apart as it's cooking. thanx for rice recipe, but I'm only a fan of brown rice.

That's what I was thinking too. Probably flank steak would be the best. I'm definitely going to give it a try! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

I usually do the cooking, but today my wife made her specialty. Stuffed peppers. She makes some damn good stuffed peppers. And she made a lot of them. There was quite a few visitors over today watching football and playing volleyball in the yard. And drinking beer, of course.

And she made some subs too. All I did was bake the bread for the subs. She did the rest. Nobody left hungry, that's for sure.

good to hear!

That's what I was thinking too. Probably flank steak would be the best. I'm definitely going to give it a try! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Soooooooooooo..........?????

Last night we had homemade chicken soup & biscuits. Tonight will be spaghetti & meatballs, salad, & garlic bread.

good to hear!

Soooooooooooo..........?????

Oh, I've been so busy. I haven't even thought about it since I typed that. :D Maybe I'll try it some time this week or next.

Okonomiyaki

What is that? Pictures please. :D
20130822-okonomiyaki-niall-kennedy.jpg

Forum List

Back