Whataboutism

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
When the cogent, the germane, the relevant is so formidable, when the documented, the verified, the reality-based is inescapable, the agents of diversion swarm to the fore.

100186.gif

"Oh, yeah!
You depend on them there pertinent facts!
Well, what about...?"

RECOURSE TO FANTASY

If President Biden had been receiving relentlessly dismal poll numbers for four years, and he had lost the election by seven million votes, he would have been screaming, with no evidence, that he had actually won in a "landslide!" He would have bleated "Fraud!" He would have raged against honest election officials. He would have filed dozens of frivolous court challenges. He would have threatened governors who would not falsify the vote in his favor. He would have been very pissy about an Attorney General telling him it was a legitimate election. He would have prepped ugly goons to attack the Capitol and incited them to violently prevent the democratic will from being recorded. He would have never summoned the integrity to acknowledge defeat and participate in the peaceful transfer of power that has made America special, and admired throughout the world ever since its founding. Until now.

For those who feel compelled to retreat to Whataboutism and project thusly, if you need to peddle such fanciful propositions, you must accept that your version of President Biden is every bit as depraved as your Loser, so it should make little difference to you that your Loser lost.

Diehard Trumpers can transport to their alternate universe. Most of us accept the simple, straightforward reality of this one.

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 8.34.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Biden is so old he probably doesn't need to worry about how he will handle the next presidential transition.

When the cogent, the germane, the relevant is so formidable, when the documented, the verified, the reality-based is inescapable, the agents of diversion swarm to the fore.

View attachment 456003
"Oh, yeah!
Well, what about...?"

RECOURSE TO FANTASY

If President Biden had been receiving relentlessly dismal poll numbers for four years, and he had lost the election by seven million votes, he would have been screaming, with no evidence, that he had actually won in a "landslide!" He would have bleated "Fraud!" He would have raged against honest election officials. He would have filed dozens of frivolous court challenges. He would have threatened governors who would not falsify the vote in his favor. He would have been very pissy about an Attorney General telling him it was a legitimate election. He would have prepped ugly goons to attack the Capitol and incited them to violently prevent the democratic will from being recorded. He would have never summoned the integrity to acknowledge defeat and participate in the peaceful transfer of power that has made America special, and admired throughout the world ever since its founding. Until now.

For those who feel compelled to retreat to Whataboutism and project thusly, if you need to peddle such fanciful propositions, you must accept that your version of President Biden is every bit as depraved as your Loser, so it should make little difference to you that your Loser lost.

Diehard Trumpers can transport to their alternate universe. Most of us accept the simple, straightforward reality of this one.

It’s not just Diehard Trumpers, most conservatives are masters of the red herring fallacy, a manifestation of rightwing dishonesty and cowardice.

Whataboutism has one purpose.

To point out hypocrisy.
Trump goons violently attacked our seat of democracy to prevent our Congress's certification of the will of the People. Many Trump goons, when arrested, cited Trump having invited them to do his bidding.

The defense?

Often, Whataboutism takes the form of brazen, blatant lies - a mindless, knee-jerk projecting of the vile conduct of one's own onto others, actually going beyond the diversionary ploy of substituting disparate matters to baseless accusations that others were responsible for what one's own did.

ANTIFA behind capital riot!
Rep. Gaetz, Sean Hannity and More Baselessly Suggest ‘Antifa’ Instigated Capitol Mob
Candace Owens, Ann Coulter, Kevin Sorbo, Rep. Mo Brooks and many others on the far-right pushed the conspiracy theory as well​
Half of Republicans say that the Capitol violence was mostly antifa’s fault
The craven scapegoating from this ilk is business-as-usual, of course.

Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and others stick with conspiracy theories after mail-bomb suspect’s arrest
A surprisingly large number of figures from the conservative establishment – commentators, radio hosts, a Trump family member, and other pro-Trump figures – shared, liked, hinted at, raised questions about or otherwise endorsed an evidence-less theory that this was a “false-flag” attack
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 8.15.38 AM.png

Would you believe it was a caravan of illegal Mexican
BLM varmints under orders from Jew Soros?

I have heard this word more the last 2 weeks than i have my entire life.
I guess you all got the email :lol:

It's amazing what people will believe from the two lyingest entities in history- the US gov't and it's complicit propaganda wing msm.

I have heard this word more the last 2 weeks than i have my entire life.
I guess you all got the email
I have no idea what "email" you reference.

Yes, the Whataboutism has been extremely intense in the aftermath of Trump's goons assault upon Congress.

Whataboutism has one purpose.

To point out hypocrisy.
Trump goons violently attacked our seat of democracy to prevent our Congress's certification of the will of the People. Many Trump goons, when arrested, cited Trump having invited them to do his bidding.

The defense?

Often, Whataboutism takes the form of brazen, blatant lies - a mindless, knee-jerk projecting of the vile conduct of one's own onto others, actually going beyond the diversionary ploy of substituting disparate matters to baseless accusations that others were responsible for what one's own did.

ANTIFA behind capital riot!
Rep. Gaetz, Sean Hannity and More Baselessly Suggest ‘Antifa’ Instigated Capitol Mob
Candace Owens, Ann Coulter, Kevin Sorbo, Rep. Mo Brooks and many others on the far-right pushed the conspiracy theory as well​
Half of Republicans say that the Capitol violence was mostly antifa’s fault
The craven scapegoating from this ilk is business-as-usual, of course.

Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and others stick with conspiracy theories after mail-bomb suspect’s arrest
A surprisingly large number of figures from the conservative establishment – commentators, radio hosts, a Trump family member, and other pro-Trump figures – shared, liked, hinted at, raised questions about or otherwise endorsed an evidence-less theory that this was a “false-flag” attack
View attachment 456168
Would you believe it was a caravan of illegal Mexican
BLM varmints under orders from Jew Soros?

You miss my point.

Yea "whataboutism" can be used to show hypocrisy...if accurate. Often it's not.

But what it can NOT be used for is an excuse. What you pointed out were cases of it's attempted us as an excuse.

Try that in a court of law and you'll get laughed out of court.

"Your Honor...my client should be found innocent because someone else robbed some other bank and didn't get prosecuted"

Yea...good luck

It's amazing what people will believe from the two lyingest entities in history- the US gov't and it's complicit propaganda wing msm.
If Trump tells you that you must believe that our government of, by, and for the People is evil, and that the broad range of independent corporate media is evil, then you must believe your Trump, of course.

You miss my point.

But what it can NOT be used for is an excuse. What you pointed out were cases of it's attempted us as an excuse.

"Your Honor...my client should be found innocent because someone else robbed some other bank and didn't get prosecuted"

Yea...good luck

Let's see how often hardcore Trump bum kissers persist in attempting to deflect from the documented reality of Trump goons attacking democracy to desperate, "Oh, yeah! Well, what about [BLM, anifa, the US Chamber of Commerce, etc.]?"

Whataboutism was created by the Soviet genociders. When it was pointed out by the West that they genocided millions and millions their response was well we never had slavery......which is of course a lie. The gulag system was slavery and also served as a means the kill many.

You miss my point.

Yea...good luck

Let's see how often hardcore Trump bum kissers persist in attempting to deflect from the documented reality of Trump goons attacking democracy to desperate, "Oh, yeah! Well, what about [BLM, anifa, the US Chamber of Commerce, etc.]?"
Pelosi ordered the cops to remove barricades and open the doors.

Pelosi ordered the cops to remove barricades and open the doors.
That's an idiotic logic defying statement

You morons just say shit no matter HOW fucking stupid..

Who do you suppose is stupid enough to believe that?

If President Biden had been receiving relentlessly dismal poll numbers for four years, and he had lost the election by seven million votes,

But, you leave out the important fact that last election, Trump was also had dismal poll numbers and won big.

Leaving out a big fact like that, shows that your claim to be "reality based" is a lie.

If Trump tells you that you must believe that our government of, by, and for the People is evil, and that the broad range of independent corporate media is evil, then you must believe your Trump, of course.
Trump isn't the US gov't, stupid and he isn't the media, stupid- BTW, fuck face, I didn't vote for him or the ass clown occupying the WH- you would be doing yourself and your descendants a favor by educating yourself and stop relying on complicit liars for your talking points-

I'll make it as easy as I can for you to start the process-

Capitol "Insurrection" Hoax
How Our Lying Press Would Have Spun Jan 6 Protest If Trump Were A Democrat

There are several points in that article- it does require reading, which I can't do for you, but, it might help you if you could- if is such a small word- but it plays a vitally important role in life-

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

View attachment 456003
"Oh, yeah!
Well, what about...?"

RECOURSE TO FANTASY

It’s not just Diehard Trumpers, most conservatives are masters of the red herring fallacy, a manifestation of rightwing dishonesty and cowardice.

Give us a real example for discussion purposes.

But, you leave out the important fact that last election, Trump was also had dismal poll numbers and won big.
So because lightning struck once you think it "HAS" to strike again? Trump was well behind in 2016 but closed the gap in the closing days (do mostly to the Comey intervention.)

Trump was running further behind in 2020 and try as he might...he just couldn't get that "Hunter Biden Laptop" story to take off.

It was just too blatant. It was just too transparent. People could see that Trump and Rudy were trying to recreate 2016 .

So he lost. Get over it. Lightning didn't strike twice

Forum List

Back